So does CJ get a Yes or No?

Put a check in the "YES" box.

Chad was held to 67 yards on 6 catches, and his longest catch was for only 15 yards. We didn't hear from him for most of the day.

For today, someone was able to stop #85 in 2005 (and his name is Dunta Robinson).

Didn't matter though, since TJ got most of those catches and Carson spreaded the ball around again.

I dont think he was covered. It looked like he went in a little early in the locker room in the first half and i didnt see him playing untilk midway through the 3rd. He had that long passs that got called back for a penalty. He wasnt covered to good/.

Guest BengalBacker
He keeps saying all they have to do is stop him once in 4 quarters, not shut him down for the whole game, so I don't know how he's keeping score.

I would say 'NO'. Watching at the game Chad wasn't covered, but he was running a lot of deep routes with TJ underneath. For some reason Carson did not pull the trigger. If I recall the only long ball down the field was to TJ when he was called for O pass interference. Actually, Henry looked open most of the time with the Safeties more worried about Chad and TJ. Carson had a good game, but he missed alot of open WRs (CJ and Henry) when making his reads and checking down to TJ...... IMHO. Very conservative and efficient game.... definitely not what I would call an aggressive game plan.

you "yes" guys are drunk.. even if he was held to 67 yards per game thats still over a 1,000 yards receiving in a year... i think 50 yards is the yes/no decision maker... and even if less than 50 yards, a TD is an automatic NO...

not to mention 7 catches averages out to 112 catches per year...

how in the world can you cann 7 catches alone being shut down?

you guys are fucking nuts...

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='GoBengals' date='Oct 2 2005, 08:21 PM']you "yes" guys are drunk.. even if he was held to 67 yards per game thats still over a 1,000 yards receiving in a year... i think 50 yards is the yes/no decision maker... and even if less than 50 yards, a TD is an automatic NO...

not to mention 7 catches averages out to 112 catches per year...

how in the world can you cann 7 catches alone being shut down?

you guys are fucking nuts...
[right][post="161908"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

not to mention they were giving him double coverage on most every play.

Guest BlueKat
[quote name='DanvilleBengal' date='Oct 2 2005, 05:59 PM']Put a check in the "YES" box.

Chad was held to 67 yards on 6 catches, and his longest catch was for only 15 yards.  We didn't hear from him for most of the day.

For today, someone was able to stop #85 in 2005 (and his name is Dunta Robinson).

Didn't matter though, since TJ got most of those catches and Carson spreaded the ball around again.
[right][post="161842"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Chad unfortunately cant throw the ball to himself. He was open alot. At least 3 different times we were yelling at Carson to throw to him cause he was WIDE open down field. When Carson looked his way he was still open and caught it. I didnt see him jammed once at the line. It all equals up to a NO check to me.

Um... I would say no. Carson was just too busy throwing to TJ. Chad was double covered 80% of the time if not 90%. The only times he wasn't doubled, Faggins was 10 yards off the line, so we threw the quick hitches.

It was a pretty good gameplan on the Texans part I must admit. Let your #1 corner play without safety help against our #2 receiver, and put your #2 corner and free safety on our #1.

To whoever said Dunta covered Chad... Dunta was on Chad for maybe 5 snaps the whole game, and I think I'm over counting. It was all Buchanon and Faggins with safety help.

And by "stopping him" I think he means breaking up a pass intended for him... doing enough to get a Pass Broken Up on the stat sheet I believe.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='BlueKat' date='Oct 2 2005, 10:42 PM']Chad unfortunately cant throw the ball to himself. He was open alot. At least 3 different times we were yelling at Carson to throw to him cause he was WIDE open down field. When Carson looked his way he was still open and caught it. I didnt see him jammed once at the line. It all equals up to a NO check to me.
[right][post="162040"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Chad was wide open on that intentional grounding (bs call btw) play.

I go with "NO"

As mentioned, he has 7 catches. Secondly, in the opening half, they made a point of shading the safety over him. When CJ was on the outside, he took his CB and the safety over as they were afraid of getting beaten deep.

That was one of the reason that TJ was open on crossing routes a fair bit. He had to simply break to the inside, and he was open.

He didn't score...but he opened up the game for others. By his own high standards...maybe he was covered. But overall, I thought he was pretty much open whenever he wanted.

Edit: Someone posted his comments from Chad's corner. So obviously he agrees he wasn't stopped either.

[quote name='phillybengal' date='Oct 3 2005, 09:46 AM']I think 100 yds receiving and/or a TD is an automatic NO, but this week, he caught everything thrown too him.  It just didn't seem that Carson looked his way as much.

I'm on the fence.
[right][post="162319"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

how is 7 catches not looked to much?

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='GoBengals' date='Oct 3 2005, 11:12 AM']how is 7 catches not looked to much?
[right][post="162329"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Chad caught everything thrown his way yesterday (other than the one skipped to him). You have to get the ball to your playmaker more than 8 times in a game.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='Oct 3 2005, 10:16 AM']Chad caught everything thrown his way yesterday (other than the one skipped to him).  You have to get the ball to your playmaker more than 8 times in a game.
[right][post="162330"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

8 catches a game would be 128 catches per season... which is beyond unheard of... even 7 catches a game is well over 100 112 to be exact... also unheard of...

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='GoBengals' date='Oct 3 2005, 11:20 AM']8 catches a game would be 128 catches per season... which is beyond unheard of...  even 7 catches a game is well over 100  112 to be exact... also unheard of...
[right][post="162331"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

yes, but most people don't catch everything thrown to them (a testament to Chads hands, AND Carson's accuracy).

Most times, it's "Thrown to 14 times for 8 catches" or something like that.

Would you be saying the same thing if Chad had only caught 4 of the 8 thrown to him?

Archived