All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. He's not injured and performed some of the position specific drills. He just refused to do the standard athletic testing, jumping and running and lifting. The obvious reason would be that when his personal coaches put him through those, he scored poorly so he didn't want to repeat that in front of coaches and GMs.
  3. Suter is from Cincinnati
  4. Today
  5. The 12th starter is going to play less than 50% of the snaps....that's how math works.
  6. I wonder if those new seats will be the same jungle green color as the old ones or if they will switch it up to orange or black? 🤔
  7. ^ I've become a fan of Sample and wanted him back. I believe he's worth what they're paying him and that he could do even more than they're asking of him. I also think his critics are forgetting that Sample is Burrow's off season workout partner at Black Sheep. And Burrow likely trusts him more to block for him than anyone else.
  8. Justin Smith was a far more productive DE than Sample is a TE. They do have one thing in common though: career longest reception (INT return).* Sample is actually 23 yards vs Smith's 21 but... Remind me why he had to play the role of blocking RB again? I'll give you a hint: Not sure how he was the "12 starter" playing <50% of the offensive snaps but sure, OK. I mean, they'd have to spend at least a 5th round pick to replace that kind of production at a fraction of the price. Hey who knows, maybe his 6th NFL season will be his breakout year.
  9. Sample's contract was front loaded. He makes 4.9 million this year and then. 4.1 million for the next 2 years. His AAV is 3M per. So he's not on average making more than Trent Brown. 3M per is not an outlandish contract for what is essentially your 12th starter on offense. Sample is great at his role. A rookie would have been a crapshoot.
  10. He literally was playing blocking RB in passing situations last year. These are essentially 2 different positions. Blocking TE vs Pass catching TE. He doesn't play the same position as Irv Smith. It would be like saying why didn't Mike Hilton fill in for Chido as an outside corner. On a team trying to protect your starting QB a blocking TE matters. He had the 5th most pass blocking snaps of any TE in the league last year. He doesn't make the impact a 2nd rounder should but he is a huge part of the offense and making it go. They don't want to move on because blocking TE is important. Why make a hole to just have to fill it. ALSO with the new kickoffs he's going to be even more important.
  11. No mention that the club level people will be sitting on concrete? It's sad to see the turf removed where so many memorable plays were made, but I guess it was time. Glad I took the tour and got to walk on it last summer. I hope they paint the new one right.
  12. Sample is like the new Justin Smith. If he were drafted later everyone would love him. You all realize these guys have no control over when they get picked, right?
  13. He's going to keep having friendly meetings with the rehab staff instead if they don't figure it out.
  14. I dunno. He wants to throw—all the time. His HC wants to throw—all the time. Not really seeing a friendly meeting in the middle with the RB room.
  15. Here's another fun stat: the last time the Bengals weren't top 5 in pass attempt % they went to the Super Bowl. As I've said before a few times myself, he's been expected to hard-carry the offense with a plodder of a RB whose biggest contribution to the team was smiles. We'll see how they call games without him.
  16. Yesterday
  17. It’ll be interesting for sure. Kid is an absolute freak show.
  18. Sutter back out to shut it down. Groundout 1 out. Popup. 2 outs damn he works quick. Big K to close it down. Reds win 8-2 1st place in NL Central..😎 I love this team..
  19. And this one belongs to the Reds
  20. Elly with first hit of year. His swing is more compact than last year. Steer hit by fastball...hit in flap of helmet.. He's ok but scary. 2 on.. Martini up.. Pop out 1 out Stephenson up Elly and Steer on double steal!! Groundout ..Elly scores India up Flyout Inning over 8-2 Reds
  21. Sutter throws 87 mph fastball to strike out Garcia... 1 out.. Sutter Ks next batter 2 outs Sutter Ks 3rd batter Ks the side . Great job.
  1. Load more activity