If someone had told you...

Most people have been talking like they are in last place all year anyway, so....

because most people are not interested in just a good, inconsistent regular season.  Most people were looking for this team to take the next step.  I realize injuries have a something to do w/ that, but there doesn't seem to be a clear; positive evolution for this team.  Again, after tonight, these next TWO weeks really, that evolution may begin to transpire.  As of now, people are still jaded.  To be clear, in my opinion, neither side, the glass half empty nor the glass half full crowd, is wrong.  Just a matter of perspective. 

None of this changes our ability to win big games. For some reason we can kill the Browns one week and look like we never played football another. We beat the browns with the same team that will roll out there tonight. Injuries or no injuries.

This and a concept everyone should understand- we have played and beat no one. The good team pulled our pants down and ganged raped us. NFC south sucked and Balt has shown their true colors. I said this earlier in the year and regardless of the records our division may not be as good as we think. Are there any scenarios where only Pitt is in? At the beginning of the year I would think most of us looked at the schedule and quickly determined the last 4weeks would be where this season would start or end. Unfortunately for us we shit the bed vw Carolina and the Browns. If we win those we are in way better shape. But saying that we still got smoked by better teams so hopes are not high for the playoffs. Hopefully I'll be surprised.

back in August that Tyler Eifert and Marvin Jones would not play this year and that Vontaze Burfict would only play about 10% of the Defensive snaps and that we would still be in FIRST PLACE in the AFC North on December 22, would you have believed them?

Hell no.

And with the other injuries listed above, I would have expected the Bengals to have been eliminated a month ago.

back in August that Tyler Eifert and Marvin Jones would not play this year and that Vontaze Burfict would only play about 10% of the Defensive snaps and that we would still be in FIRST PLACE in the AFC North on December 22, would you have believed them?

Honestly, yes.  A lot of us thought at the start of the year that neither Pitt nor Baltimore would be that good this year.

Archived