Marvin Lewis should be fired

I know that he wont be fired but he has lost the team and he and the team need a change of scenery. I could actually see him resign.

My list for who would be a good replacement is short.

Marty Schottenheimer
Bill Cowher.
We need a coach that has won and will demand respect and wont get walked over by chad and the others.

Any thoughts about who would be a good new OC or DC in the more likely scenario that Marvin replaces either.

DC
Ron Rivera
Emmitt Thomas

OC?

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='610545' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:53 AM']Singletary, absolutely.

With a couple good assistants[/quote]

The only thing that scares me about Singletary is that he has not yet been a head coach. He is a great name, but that does not make him a great coach, and i am not sure I want to be another coaches first gig to work out the kinks.

While I don't think Lewis will be fired, this is a perfectly acceptable thread topic. My first choice is probably an unconventional one: Norm Chow. The first task of this team is not to lose Carson Palmer psychologically, which I think is in danger of happening. Chow would be the likeliest choice to prevent that. Then I would try to get Ron Rivera as the defensive coordinator. And try Zampese as the offensive coordinator with a lot of input from Chow.

First off, Marvin shouldn`t be fired. It`s asinine to think so.
Secondly, if he was fired, the Bengals would have to pay
him off for the rest of his contact (about 10 or 15 million dollars)
AND pay the "new guy".

It`s not going to happen. And it shouldn`t happen . . .

But I say Huckleberry Hound.

Norm Chow
Mike Singletary

Its been a tough year for Marvin, I think he is starting to lose it a little bit. Things seem to be spinning out of his control and he has no idea how to right them.

That being said, we are a few players from being a complete badarse of a team. So who knows.

Marvin doesn't have it. He is not an effective coach and can't control the direction of the team, make necessary in-game adjustments, or manage the clock.

He won't be fired though. He will go back to being a solid DC someday though when his reign is over in Cincy.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='610532' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:19 AM']I know that he wont be fired but he has lost the team and he and the team need a change of scenery. I could actually see him resign.

My list for who would be a good replacement is short.

Marty Schottenheimer
Bill Cowher.
We need a coach that has won and will demand respect and wont get walked over by chad and the others.

Any thoughts about who would be a good new OC or DC in the more likely scenario that Marvin replaces either.

DC
Ron Rivera
Emmitt Thomas

OC?[/quote]

Marvin isnt causing player injuries, he's not calling the bonehead plays in the Redzone, and he's not over throwing recievers or dropping balls either. I say we release both Coordinators and bring in some fresh ideas. there are many Coord. out there that would love to work with the talent we have on offense and im sure there are plenty of men that are up to the challenge of getting this defense where it needs to be to win. almost all of the pieces are all here, we just need the right leadership to put the puzzle togther finally.

Why do some of you act like marvin is such a great coach? 1 good season and 0 playoff wins. I dont care what you say about him only having 1 losing season, well hes only had 1 winning season as well. He is full of shit, always makes smartass comments and is terrible in games. Dont blame injuries for his failure. Indy has been missing more and better players than we have. Theyre doing fine, we look like shit. He continues to give the ball to rudi despite it being obvious that rudi is terrible. Bring in fresh blood, someone to take this team to the next level. Marvin may have built a decent team, but he cant take em to the next level.

Archived