Soccer Thread

2010 wc wishlist + ages in 2010 (assuming (1) whomever is named manager cannot talk friedel, will be 39 in '10, out of international retirement, (2) rossi gives up italian intentions and plays for the us, and (3) we stick with the 442)

----------------------------Howard=31------------------------------

------Spector=24 - Gibbs=30 - Gooch=28 - Wynne=24------

----Dempsey=27 - Donovan=28 - Adu=21 - Convey=27----

-------------------------EJ=26 - Rossi=23--------------------------

looks fairly impressive if i dont say so myself

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='312988' date='Aug 10 2006, 04:45 AM']2010 wc wishlist + ages in 2010 (assuming (1) whomever is named manager cannot talk friedel, will be 39 in '10, out of international retirement, (2) rossi gives up italian intentions and plays for the us, and (3) we stick with the 442)

----------------------------Howard=31------------------------------

------Spector=24 - Gibbs=30 - Gooch=28 - Wynne=24------

----Dempsey=27 - Donovan=28 - Adu=21 - Convey=27----

-------------------------EJ=26 - Rossi=23--------------------------
looks fairly impressive if i dont say so myself[/quote]
No beasley

But you have a much better knowledge on it...so i trust you because i never have really seen convey play.

FUCK....

Ashton breaks ankle in training
[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4794977.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/4794977.stm[/url]

[quote]Striker Dean Ashton is out of England's friendly against Greece at Old Trafford on Wednesday after breaking an ankle during training.

John Terry took part in training for the first time since being named captain but 22-year-old Ashton's withdrawal overshadowed the session.

The West Ham player will miss the start of the Premiership season and could be out for as long as 12 weeks.

Ashton was set to start against Greece and make his England debut.

News conference: England boss Steve McClaren News conference: England captain John Terry

England coach Steve McClaren had based part of his training around the Hammers forward but the injury, which was suffered halfway through training on Tuesday, has forced the new national team boss into a rethink.

McClaren said: "We did some work with Dean on Monday and were going to do some more this morning but these things happen in football.

"We are just very sorry to see this happen."

Terry sympathised with Ashton and added: "I'm not too sure what happened.

"The defenders were away doing defensive situations and the strikers doing their bits and pieces.

We are absolutely devastated - It's a massive blow for Deano and his family, and for everybody here at West Ham United
West Ham boss Alan Pardew

"We just heard a moan from Dean and we all looked round. He was on the floor and all of a sudden everybody was rushing over."

Ashton's injury will provide more ammunition for critics of playing an international friendly only three days before the start of the Premiership campaign.

But McClaren defended the friendly and insisted: "These games are very important.

"We stressed that to the players in a meeting on Monday.

"They should be proud to wear the shirt and badge - no matter what game it is. You still have to put a performance in and guarantee and warrant a place in the team.

"Yes, it is a friendly but we want to win, we want to play well and we want to put things in place for the future."

West Ham boss Alan Pardew put a brave face on Ashton's injury as he prepares his side for the game against Charlton on Saturday.

"We are absolutely devastated," he told the club's website. "It's a massive blow for Deano and his family, and for everybody here at West Ham United.

"We are extremely disappointed by the news but, on a positive note, we still have four quality strikers at this club, which will suppress the blow somewhat.

"We look forward to a speedy recovery from Deano and hope to see him back in action ve[/quote]

It sucks donkey dick about Ashton. Typical West Ham luck. Some key injuries for the first game, and a midfield that is looking a bit thin now that Etherington is out for a month and Newton gone for the season. Another midfielder needs to be brought in for cover.

Season kicks off on Saturday!

[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='319639' date='Aug 19 2006, 03:01 PM']Great start to the season.

West Ham just shat all over Charlton! 3-1! And the midfield looked awesome.
[img]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41991000/jpg/_41991724_footy15.jpg[/img]
The Tottenham loss to Bolton was also particularly satisfying.[/quote]

How the fuck did you watch the game? Where?

[quote name='#40' post='319720' date='Aug 19 2006, 05:51 PM']How the fuck did you watch the game? Where?[/quote]

I went down to an English sports pub in town that shows all the feeds (Setanta does the feed) But I watch a lot of games streaming on my computer as well.

You have a couple of options:

Download the P2P live player (it's Chinese) And then look for streams for the premiership games. They have most of the them.

The link below should provide more info:

[url="http://www.e-eeasy.com/WatchFootballLiveInternet.aspx"]http://www.e-eeasy.com/WatchFootballLiveInternet.aspx[/url]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='320306' date='Aug 20 2006, 04:01 PM']Oh Soccer thread, why won't you DIE?!?!!??!
:wave:
Just kidding![/quote]
NNNNEEEEVVVVVVEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR :lol:

We have our official first game tonight...i'll have some updates tonight.

We got a fucking ass whopping tonight...one of the better teams we will play...they were really fundementally there...while we weren't 6-2(or something around there..the scoreboard was shutdown quick) 1 goal here and the other was a PK but i didn't take it. Our team seems more like they want to play 50-50 balls all the time and we are a small team not a lot of tall kids...but this team played give n go's like crazy and they kept a outside mid on D always which kind of hurt because a back had to mark two people at a time...next game Wednsday...best team we play last year...were fucked.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='321278' date='Aug 21 2006, 10:20 PM']ahh... never heard of you. im assuming thats ohio, what division?[/quote]
Very small schools...D-3. Were in the Cross county conference also...once we start playing teams in that division we should start winning right and left.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='321308' date='Aug 21 2006, 10:38 PM']ahh gotcha, thought you played for troy or some shit for some reason.

ive never even heard of your school, you find a club team yet?[/quote]
Nope...i was told to try out for the gunners...and i will find some info...all i have to do is hope that the rent's buy into it.

We do play Troy saturday...were fucked.

Archived