Welcome former huddles members

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='307141' date='Aug 2 2006, 10:24 AM']It's not even about that. Like the 98% percent of poster who didn't post the antagonistic word newbie, like 12th man, you could rationally think about it. For instance, the former and double duty Huddles members that originally contributed to this site when it went up with content, news clippings, and fan talk.

What are the Huddles members newbies to? Typing in G O - B E N G A L S ? That's the only change. Because we're both Bengals fans. Everything is still black and orange. Maybe 100,000 posts from now it'll be cute and funny for a Go-Bengals member to call someone a newbie. But post counts aside, how are they gonna say that and not feel stupid when they really think about.

I wasn't even around for the moderation, I was out of town on a military commitment July 9-23, when the shit apparently hit the fan. I don't know what went down, just that all my online friends are here now. So I am too, and that's cool, but were not newbies. I doubt there was a Huddles regular who hadn't visited this website a couple of times just to cover the bases. That's how much they love the Bengals.

If it was a joke, fine. Not funny, try again later.

At least the threads I'm seeing are interesting looking. I'm gonna have plenty of oppurtunities to pound my chest, not as a Huddles poster, but as someone who talks Bengals online all the time.[/quote]

Man that whole NEWBIE thing really got you twisted...relax your lucky with your sig you are not called worse. You let BJ see that garbage and he will photo shop your mom and a donkey, so I think the newbie comment is the least of your problems......PEACE puddle boy :onoudidnt:

Guest oldschooler
new·bie (nb, ny-) KEY

NOUN:
Slang
[b]One that is new to something[/b], especially a novice at using computer technology or the Internet.

Ummmm, seeing how you have a GRAND TOTAL OF 7 POST on this board,
then I`d say you`re a NEWBIE. No reason to take offense and be offensive...

Guest bengalrick

scout, if you haven't noticed this isn't a "good job and great post!!!' type of board... we're pretty much balls out and we all can take it, as well as give it... if you don't like confrontation of any kind, then this is certainly not the board you will want to be at... there is no language filter for a reason... we abuse the shit out of it on each other on a regular basis... i have butted heads w/ just about everyone on the board, i will probably butt heads w/ you and your huddle friends when we get closer to the season, and i stop slow down in the jesus and dubya forum and post mostly in this forum... thats just the way it is... when we say that we are like a family, spats and arguing is included in that...

go was making a joke... if being called a newbie is really getting under your skin, trust me it will only get worse... especially if you keep exposing your weaknesses...

all in all, like i said... this board is pretty balls out, and if you can't handle the heat, get the fuck out the kitchen... don't try to turn down the stove... we're libel to turn that bitch up in your face ;)

WHO DEY all!!! glad to have all this new blood in here... you fucking NEWBIES!!! :)

[quote name='Cricket' post='307150' date='Aug 2 2006, 12:44 PM']Why don't you try to interpret the use of the term "newbie" as those [b]new to posting on this site[/b], not those new to supporting the Bengals?[/quote]

In short, because the orginator of the newbie comment used it to describe all Huddles members as newbies. Clearly not the case.

In all 3 circumstance, bengals talk, being on this message board, or post count.

Guest ravonaf

[quote name='whodey319' post='307175' date='Aug 2 2006, 01:22 PM']im not sure how busy the huddles board used to be but there are 111 people on go-bengals right now and 7 on the huddles bengal site[/quote]

Huddles used to average 30-40 I believe. I would be willing to bet the average of this site has went up 30-40. :)

[quote name='bengalrick' post='307172' date='Aug 2 2006, 01:18 PM']scout, if you haven't noticed this isn't a "good job and great post!!!' type of board... we're pretty much balls out and we all can take it, as well as give it... if you don't like confrontation of any kind, then this is certainly not the board you will want to be at... there is no language filter for a reason... we abuse the shit out of it on each other on a regular basis... i have butted heads w/ just about everyone on the board, i will probably butt heads w/ you and your huddle friends when we get closer to the season, and i stop slow down in the jesus and dubya forum and post mostly in this forum... thats just the way it is... when we say that we are like a family, spats and arguing is included in that...

go was making a joke... if being called a newbie is really getting under your skin, trust me it will only get worse... especially if you keep exposing your weaknesses...

all in all, like i said... this board is pretty balls out, and if you can't handle the heat, get the fuck out the kitchen... don't try to turn down the stove... we're libel to turn that bitch up in your face ;)

WHO DEY all!!! glad to have all this new blood in here... you fucking NEWBIES!!! :)[/quote]

Please, thin skinned I am not. But there is a time for the proper greeting of the day.

I like how you guys have this "we are totally hardcore and aren't afraid to swear online...dawg" attitude.

It's kinda funny.

Let me tell you, I can hardly wait to be put through the meatgrinder. Even though one of my least favorite things to do is getting into a 15 page reply arguement with one person over something stupid. I do it regularly :) , I just don't enjoy it. 8 Pages or less I can handle [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

[quote name='ravonaf' post='307178' date='Aug 2 2006, 01:24 PM']Huddles use to average 30-40 I believe. I would be willing to bet the average of this site has went up 30-40. :)[/quote]

If it is a special day, you can have 300 or so Bengals online at the sametime if I recall correctly. It's hard to tally, because I don't think they stat counted for just the Bengals forum, but for the Huddles as a whole, even though 90% of it is Bengals fans.

You guys can quit bringing up how many posters are on Huddles. I was a die-hard, and I've even moved...permanently.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='307180' date='Aug 2 2006, 01:26 PM']Please, thin skinned I am not. But there is a time for the proper greeting of the day.

I like how you guys have this "we are totally hardcore and aren't afraid to swear online...dawg" attitude.

It's kinda funny.

Let me tell you, I can hardly wait to be put through the meatgrinder. Even though one of my least favorite things to do is getting into a 15 page reply arguement with one person over something stupid. I do it regularly :) , I just don't enjoy it. 8 Pages or less I can handle [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img][/quote]

I have been a frequent poster at Huddles in the past (still occasionally lurk), and if I'm not mistaken, all we have to do to get under your skin is to refer to you as a Marine... :D

:ninja:

Sounds like everyone is feeling threatened by the label of Newbie or the mention they are no longer such prized and valued members of what they consider themselves as having tenure on (ie..Here). Tenure means jack shit when it comes to knowledge both here and the Puddles. 36 years of Bengal fandom (I do not count all the way back to my birth like some) and going to the games still qualifies me for absolutely nothing. Not to mention the first initial board (other than a Bengals Bulletin Board pre-1991, text based) along with Harley and a few others. This was a good group that never considered itself above anyone. Don't you and other members here see that ? You mean nothing in the larger scheme of things. Nobody taken as an individual means nothing. This is a team of fans here to contribute and of course disagree as we are doing now. You want to be an individual and adhere to a label that's fine, as for me I would rather be part of a team.

:1violin:

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='307180' date='Aug 2 2006, 01:26 PM']Please, thin skinned I am not. But there is a time for the proper greeting of the day.

It's kinda funny.

Let me tell you, I can hardly wait to be put through the meatgrinder. Even though one of my least favorite things to do is getting into a 15 page reply arguement with one person over something stupid. I do it regularly :) , I just don't enjoy it. 8 Pages or less I can handle [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img][/quote]

"i'm not thin skinned... just don't call me a newbie or you'll be sorry!!!"

grow some REAL thick skin, or go to bengals.com...

[i]But there is a time for the proper greeting of the day. [/i]

we just try to weed out the pansies... that is why there is an initiation period...

<edit> just so you know, my original post was not supposed to piss you off, but to make you settle down a bit.. your opinion is welcome, as long as you can handle being the "new" guy... to some of us, anyways...

Guest ravonaf
If you are new to this site you are a newbie. I don't care how many huddles posts you had. I was closing in on 4k and on this site I'm a newbie.

If anyone wants to show how much they know then just participate in the threads and it won't take long for people to know you. I've only been on the site 2 weeks and I feel at home already.

[quote name='bengalrick' post='307188' date='Aug 2 2006, 01:37 PM']"i'm not thin skinned... just don't call me a newbie or you'll be sorry!!!"

grow some REAL thick skin, or go to bengals.com...

[i]But there is a time for the proper greeting of the day. [/i]

we just try to weed out the pansies... that is why there is an initiation period...

<edit> just so you know, my original post was not supposed to piss you off, but to make you settle down a bit.. your opinion is welcome, as long as you can handle being the "new" guy... to some of us, anyways...[/quote]

New guy I can take. Newbie is a "Piss on you" term. Maybe wikepedia or whoever needs to adjust their definition.

I won't have to do any binge drinking or streaking or acts of sodomy to be cool here will I?

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='307195' date='Aug 2 2006, 01:48 PM']New guy I can take. Newbie is a "Piss on you" term. Maybe wikepedia or [b]whoever[/b] needs to adjust their definition.[/quote]

Yes, if by [b]whoever[/b], you mean [b]Scoutforlife591[/b]. :ninja:

I like this board just because it has ninja emoticons.

Oh, and by the way, I just checked. And having never been to that section before, they're pretty much in complete agreement with what I said.

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbie"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbie[/url]

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='307195' date='Aug 2 2006, 01:48 PM']New guy I can take. Newbie is a "Piss on you" term. Maybe wikepedia or whoever needs to adjust their definition.

I won't have to do any binge drinking or streaking or acts of sodomy to be cool here will I?[/quote]

cool[b]er[/b] = yes!!! but you don't have to, to be "cool"...

Guest ravonaf

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='307230' date='Aug 2 2006, 02:32 PM']Fucking newbies. <_<
:ninja: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img][/quote]

I hope that's an adjective and not a verb. :(

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='307230' date='Aug 2 2006, 02:32 PM']Fucking newbies. <_<
:ninja: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img][/quote]

For some reason, it's almost funny now.

Maybe it's the ninja.

ATTN: Former Huddles Members.
SUBJECT: Emoticons
NOTE: The ninja is likely the closest thing we'll get to the banana-man. If should be used often, and flagrantly.

Archived