Welcome former huddles members

Guest BengalBacker

The 3 or 4 folks at Huddles are talking about it [url="http://65.38.186.21/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=58314"]here[/url]. Jube is crying that the DNS screw up may cost the site a lot of members, and about how if he was the business owner he'd get his lawyers out, while CincyFan (and his 13 line .sig) is making his usual 1-2 line posts that are rooted in politics. The best quote of the board is...[quote][i]Originally posted by DontPushMe[/i]
real bad timing just coming off the whole thing that happened last week, wouldnt be suprised if a lot of people didnt come back

heck, if the bengals.com message board wasnt filled with so many clueless people i wouldnt be here either[/quote]By the way, has anyone invited BigAlice? Red rover, red rover....

fucckity fuck fat Jerome fat fuck bettis fatty fat fat fuckkity fuck - I admit it's juvenile, but it's still fun!

[quote name='AmishBengalFan' post='303199' date='Jul 28 2006, 07:44 AM']The 3 or 4 folks at Huddles are talking about it [url="http://65.38.186.21/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=58314"]here[/url]. Jube is crying that the DNS screw up may cost the site a lot of members, and about how if he was the business owner he'd get his lawyers out, while CincyFan (and his 13 line .sig) is making his usual 1-2 line posts that are rooted in politics. The best quote of the board is...By the way, has anyone invited BigAlice? Red rover, red rover....

[b]fucckity fuck fat Jerome fat fuck fat fuck bettis fatty fat fat fuckkity fuck - I admit it's juvenile, but it's still fun[/b]![/quote]
I never get tired of it either. It's too bad what's happening to Huddles, as it used to be a decent board from what I could tell on my few lurks over there, but...it's definetely helped this place out with some fresh perspectives.

Guest ravonaf
The days of the huddles are over. The only thing remaining is how long Jube will stay there stomping his feet screeming that we will all come back.

Where they actually making any money from the site? I hope so. Let that be a lesson to what happens when you treat your customer's like shit.

I know there's a problem with registerfly but that's as much as I know.

Not too many people over there to talk football with so I'll probably do a bit of posting here in addition to my time there and at other forums.

I hope there are no hard feelings towards me, I had seen in a thread somewhere where people had given me a bit of grief but I think LT and Blue know that I did my best.

Enough politics, lets talk football!

Guest BlackJesus

[center][b][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//39.gif[/img] Looks like Puddles is on its last leg ...

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/MakeSure.gif[/img]

not anymore [/b]

:whistle: [/center]

Guest BlackJesus
[center][b]Peace Puddles ....

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/Myspace-Graphics-Fun-Animations-029.gif[/img][/b][/center]

[quote name='jclay' post='303995' date='Jul 29 2006, 09:33 AM']I know there's a problem with registerfly but that's as much as I know.

Not too many people over there to talk football with so I'll probably do a bit of posting here in addition to my time there and at other forums.

I hope there are no hard feelings towards me, I had seen in a thread somewhere where people had given me a bit of grief but I think LT and Blue know that I did my best.

Enough politics, lets talk football![/quote]

JClay, I don't remember anyone having a problem with you. Except someone who thought you were a Seattle Fan moderating the Bengals board. Your only problem was your Avatar on the Bengals Forum.

Most of the old timers knew you were a Bengals & Seahawks fan.

I'll stand by you. No hard feeling here.

[b][size=5]FUCK HUDDLES, IM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT IT. GO-BENGALS IS THE REAL DEAL. QUIT BRING UP HUDDLES CAUSE NO ONE HERE GIVES A SHIT, [color="#FF0000"]as a matter of fact could this thread be removed as it has nothing to do with the bengals!!!!![/color][/size][/b]

[center][img]http://www.mahopa.de/bilder/lustige-forenbilder/nobody-cares.jpg[/img][/center]

LMAO...I wonder if Jube has ever bothered to look in a mirror?

From the Huddles link above...

"[b]Boy, the one-two punch of some of the more annoying regulars leaving, coupled with this extended downtime... [/b]

:lmao:

Jube thought he was forming a hippie utopia over there. The people that would put up resistance to his stupid shit were leaving, and he started buttering up the mods. I'm not sure what the end game was, but he had some strange hippie plan.

[quote name='Sox' post='304108' date='Jul 29 2006, 12:53 PM']LMAO...I wonder if Jube has ever bothered to look in a mirror?

From the Huddles link above...

"[b]Boy, the one-two punch of some of the more annoying regulars leaving, coupled with this extended downtime... [/b][/quote]

Wow...I go AWOL for a couple months from the Huddles and all the sudden everyone is over here. Don't know or care what went down, but I'm happy to find some of my fav posters over here. Sup Amish, scharm, usnbengal, whodey24k, utts, and the rest of the gang.

Thanks for the welcome gobengals regulars.

Prez1923

Mods: Would you mind changing my username to show Prez1923 rather than Madieu40. Tried to find where to do it myself and couldn't. Thanks.

[quote name='Madieu40' post='304155' date='Jul 29 2006, 01:56 PM']Wow...I go AWOL for a couple months from the Huddles and all the sudden everyone is over here. Don't know or care what went down, but I'm happy to find some of my fav posters over here. Sup Amish, scharm, usnbengal, whodey24k, utts, and the rest of the gang.

Prez1923

Mods: Would you mind changing my username to show Prez1923 rather than Madieu40. Tried to find where to do it myself and couldn't. Thanks.[/quote]

done.. your lofin stays the same.. display name is changed

Glad you found us, Prez!

[quote name='Madieu40' post='304155' date='Jul 29 2006, 01:56 PM']Wow...I go AWOL for a couple months from the Huddles and all the sudden everyone is over here. Don't know or care what went down, but I'm happy to find some of my fav posters over here. Sup Amish, scharm, usnbengal, whodey24k, utts, and the rest of the gang.

Prez1923

Mods: Would you mind changing my username to show Prez1923 rather than Madieu40. Tried to find where to do it myself and couldn't. Thanks.[/quote]

[quote name='Utts' post='301680' date='Jul 26 2006, 06:17 PM']It's good of SC to offer Bengals-Jungle, but all that animated shit drives me insane! Backgrounds applied to everything, animated icons for everything, animated banners - I think I had a siezure the other night while reading posts. Sensory overload ... :crazy:[/quote]

Get outta my head!!!! :lol:

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='304092' date='Jul 29 2006, 12:22 PM'][b][size=5]FUCK HUDDLES, IM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT IT. GO-BENGALS IS THE REAL DEAL. QUIT BRING UP HUDDLES CAUSE NO ONE HERE GIVES A SHIT, [color="#FF0000"]as a matter of fact could this thread be removed as it has nothing to do with the bengals!!!!![/color][/size][/b]

[center][img]http://www.mahopa.de/bilder/lustige-forenbilder/nobody-cares.jpg[/img][/center][/quote]

What the fuck is your problem? Don't click on the fucking thread if you're sick of reading about it.

Seems easy enough.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='304211' date='Jul 29 2006, 02:54 PM']What the fuck is your problem? Don't click on the fucking thread if you're sick of reading about it.

Seems easy enough.[/quote]

Notice the former Huddles members just skipped right over that. Obvious troll bait not worth the time.

[quote name='Independence Bengal' post='304215' date='Jul 29 2006, 12:57 PM']I've made the move from Huddles as well. In that former life, I was Bully the Clown. New board. New name. Looking forward to a great season and some insightful point of views.[/quote]
Welcome Independence! If you get bored and politics is your cup of tea, we have a pretty divisive (is there any other kind?) political forum called "Jesus and Dubya" that's rather entertaining. It helps pass the offseasons!

So, the way I remember this group get started was way back on the original Enquirer board - March 1999. Myself, Jersey Fan, LeTigre, Orlando, Craig S., NewDolphins Fan, PaulBrownBengal, FalseStart and many more original posters.

Sept 11, 2001 happened and the board was taken down. Our nomadic journey began. We had many posters and no home.

From there we all jumped to fan home. That didn't last long as they didn't appreciate us. Go figure.

Next up was some dot com venture that was good until the bust.

We then evolved to football huddles, which I once donated $100 to keep going when times were tough. I really liked the place -posters, features, speed, etc. etc. and then the nonsense began.

So here we are wandering again. It appears that we're spread between bengals.com, Super Cat's site and here. Am I missing any other boards?

Anyway, hopefully we can settle on one spot and put the flag in the ground. This seems like a speedy, easy-to-read board. I will point out that many of the graphics don't display in firefox.

Anyway, let me know what the group decides... after all these years, this is like a common law marriage and we're stuck with each other.

[quote name='Harley' post='304269' date='Jul 29 2006, 02:47 PM']So, the way I remember this group get started was way back on the original Enquirer board - March 1999. Myself, Jersey Fan, LeTigre, Orlando, Craig S., NewDolphins Fan, PaulBrownBengal, FalseStart and many more original posters.

Sept 11, 2001 happened and the board was taken down. Our nomadic journey began. We had many posters and no home.

From there we all jumped to fan home. That didn't last long as they didn't appreciate us. Go figure.

Next up was some dot com venture that was good until the bust.

We then evolved to football huddles, which I once donated $100 to keep going when times were tough. I really liked the place -posters, features, speed, etc. etc. and then the nonsense began.

So here we are wandering again. It appears that we're spread between bengals.com, Super Cat's site and here. Am I missing any other boards?

Anyway, hopefully we can settle on one spot and put the flag in the ground. This seems like a speedy, easy-to-read board. I will point out that many of the graphics don't display in firefox.

Anyway, let me know what the group decides... after all these years, this is like a common law marriage and we're stuck with each other.[/quote]
"Common Law Marriage"?

That kinda describes our little dysfunctional family!
Well, welcome to you, I think this board is great. There's definetely some lowbrow and immature stuff, but it's mostly in good fun, and just like any other board, you'll quickly ascertain which users that share things in common with you and those that you will ignore.
If I may, I would suggest that you stay away from bengals.com, as it's rife with overmoderation and Steeler suckoff fests that it's almost unbearable that it exists.
I have never ventured to SuperCat's site, but he hangs out here from time to time, and we have adopted MANY of your former mates from huddles....the more the merrier, I say. Some of your Huddles guys have already become quite active, like Ravonaf, Le Tigre, etc.
So, feel free to stick around and post as often as you can.
As for the Mozilla problems, I don't use it myself but I know many here do without reporting any problems....perhaps you should mosey over to the "Geek"forum and post a question about it....I'm sure you'll get a better answer than I could give you....perhaps there are some settings to the Firefox browser you have to manipulate.....
Again, welcome.

Like Le Tigre said earlier. Both boards can Co-exist. Many from huddles won't post here because of the juvenile language. But many enjoy it. So I believe there may be a small split. but I believe most that post here, will also post on my site.
But the ones on my site that don't like the language, won't be here.

But I believe the Huddles just lost their fan base.

[quote name='Super Cat' post='304316' date='Jul 29 2006, 04:05 PM']Like Le Tigre said earlier. Both boards can Co-exist. Many from huddles won't post here because of the juvenile language. But many enjoy it. So I believe there may be a small split. but I believe most that post here, will also post on my site.
But the ones on my site that don't like the language, won't be here.

But I believe the Huddles just lost their fan base.[/quote]

I simply cannot believe that honest-to-goodness football fans would be put-off by the occaisonal swear word, but I guess the point that keeps coming up is that this really isn't a site that is safe for children. i wouldn't let my son on it, that's for sure, hell, I don't even let my stepdaughter online at all lest she discover what Daddy likes so much about "Donkeys and Midgets.com"
:lmao:

Archived