Welcome former huddles members

Guest BengalBacker

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='Super Cat' post='304316' date='Jul 29 2006, 05:05 PM']Like Le Tigre said earlier. Both boards can Co-exist. Many from huddles won't post here because of the [b]juvenile language.[/b] But many enjoy it. So I believe there may be a small split. but I believe most that post here, will also post on my site.
But the ones on my site that don't like the language, won't be here.

But I believe the Huddles just lost their fan base.[/quote]

Ironic that some call it "juvenile"...and then follow it up by saying they
wouldn`t allow their kids on here... but I get your point.

It`s not like every posts of every thread is filled with "bad" words.
I love this message board, because it allows us all freedom to express ourselves
as we see fit.

I`d rather see an f-bomb than a bunch of asteriks. They remind me of this
past Super Bowl winner...

Anyway, I don`t think it`s juvenile... it took me years to hone my "language" skills... ^_^

Harley: we are generally congregated at BengalsJungle and here. I will be going back and forth from both. There is no reason why we can't cross-pollenate both forums and be at peace. We are all still intact, after all.

go-bengals is a breath of fresh air for me. It allows me to vent my intense loathing for anything Stealer...and have everyone love me for it! :D No more shit from some Kansas City fan bellyaching to admins about how "intolerant" we are. Same goes for those Brownie "purists" who "just want to talk football". Here, it is all-Bengals-all-the-time...with no interference from those who want us all to "just get along". In some things...you just can't.

The Jungle is made up of Cincytalk veterans...and we all share a common fabric there. It's a good site, and I would encourage our friends at go-bengals to make liberal usage of another Bengals-only environment. No, it's not as racy as here...but that is the uniqueness of each site--something for everyone!

As I have said, we are all Bengal Bozos on this bus. Who-fucking Dey!!

Guest BengalBacker
I didn't choose to live on this site rather than huddles because I can say fuck.

For me, huddles often seemed like a Bengals bashing site. The diehards versus chicken littles shit got old for me. If you made a positive post, you could expect to get bashed by several people for it.

Some of you think we're too homeristic over here. Some posters are, but most of us criticize shit all the time. The difference is, we don't criticize EVERYTHING about the team. We come here to have fun and talk about our team, not to try to win daily bitchfests, or play who can be the most sarcastic.

This site is just much more enjoyable for me. We don't take ourselves too seriously.

The thing about both site that are alike. We don't like to be treated like children. And we don't hold our members prisoners. I say post where you like as often as you like.

My kids watch Daddy on the Bengal boards at times. This isn't a place I want them to see.

When moderating the Huddles, I had to set an example, couldn't be myself, like I was at Cincy.com. Now I can be myself and others can be the same.
I always got to other members on Cincy.com without the F bombs or calling them assholes. While many were being thrown at me. It pissed alot of people off. Because I kept my B) cool.

It still bothers many of them today.

[quote name='Super Cat' post='304354' date='Jul 29 2006, 04:55 PM']The thing about both site that are alike. We don't like to be treated like children. And we don't hold our members prisoners. I say post where you like as often as you like.

My kids watch Daddy on the Bengal boards at times. This isn't a place I want them to see.

When moderating the Huddles, I had to set an example, couldn't be myself, like I was at Cincy.com. Now I can be myself and others can be the same.
I always got to other members on Cincy.com without the F bombs or calling them assholes. While many were being thrown at me. It pissed alot of people off. Because I kept my B) cool.

It still bothers many of them today.[/quote]
I totally respect that, since I have small children as well. I promise that if and when I visit your site I will be on my best behavior.
:)

[quote name='Bunghole' post='304340' date='Jul 29 2006, 06:32 PM']And if nothing else, the "Jerome fat fuck fat fuck bettis" feature is a really big lure for many.....[/quote]

I wonder if Go might be working on some more "Tourette's stealers" filters.

And I love the Fireside Theater reference, LeTigre!

The birth of this site (by way of JT's site) coincided with the advent of the Marvin-era, and I think that is the main reason that we don't carry a lot of the negative past baggage.

We don't deny those hellish problems...They just never ever hit us as a community, and the growth came out of a very optimistic turn.

I think the same thing affects our unwillingness to defer to other teams and fans, because this site has never seen a losing Bengals season...And never will, IN MARVIN WE TRUST.

Those two things have lead us to be a bit more rowdy, and some would say less sophisticated...But it is still tempered a little bit by the Bengals past.

The language...We can all take some credit for that, but I really appreciate that GO came out with a platform that mods a bit differently, and actually tried to come up with a mod team with a broad spectrum (BJ, Backer, Jamie, Bung, 12th Man, etc)...United by a commitment to keeping this site moving.

Personally, I thought the number of Huddles guys would result in a few more arguments and growing pains than what we have seen so far...I'm ecstatic that I was wrong, and I have really enjoyed seeing a few more very strong personalities and dedicated fans injected into the mix.

But yeah...We're foul-mouthed homers, and consider ourselves the 'bad seeds' of Bengaldom.

BZ

Guest BengalBacker
Damn Le Tigre, did they let you put this thread up, or did you just say fuck it and do it anyway?

[url="http://65.38.186.21/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=58457"]http://65.38.186.21/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=58457[/url]

[quote name='TheBZ' post='304476' date='Jul 29 2006, 09:50 PM']The birth of this site (by way of JT's site) coincided with the advent of the Marvin-era, and I think that is the main reason that we don't carry a lot of the negative past baggage.

We don't deny those hellish problems...They just never ever hit us as a community, and the growth came out of a very optimistic turn.

I think the same thing affects our unwillingness to defer to other teams and fans, because this site has never seen a losing Bengals season...And never will, IN MARVIN WE TRUST.

Those two things have lead us to be a bit more rowdy, and some would say less sophisticated...But it is still tempered a little bit by the Bengals past.

The language...We can all take some credit for that, but I really appreciate that GO came out with a platform that mods a bit differently, and actually tried to come up with a mod team with a broad spectrum (BJ, Backer, Jamie, Bung, 12th Man, etc)...United by a commitment to keeping this site moving.

Personally, I thought the number of Huddles guys would result in a few more arguments and growing pains than what we have seen so far...I'm ecstatic that I was wrong, and I have really enjoyed seeing a few more very strong personalities and dedicated fans injected into the mix.

But yeah...We're foul-mouthed homers, and consider ourselves the 'bad seeds' of Bengaldom.

BZ[/quote]

Word.

I gave them 10K posts of my best material, but like Nickelback says ... everything changes.

[quote name='Montecore' post='304558' date='Jul 29 2006, 11:23 PM']It figures ...I had just racked up 2,000 posts over there and everyone goes and leaves me ...

Oh well, back to the drawing board ...

:wave:[/quote]

Guest Tigris
Time to start over...

We've lost a couple thousand over here due to errors... but haven't had one for a while.

I lost about 800-1000 I think.

You been here two weeks and have almost 150. nice.

[quote name='Tigris' post='304664' date='Jul 30 2006, 01:02 AM']Time to start over...

We've lost a couple thousand over here due to errors... but haven't had one for a while.

I lost about 800-1000 I think.

You been here two weeks and have almost 150. nice.[/quote]
You can't get him to shut up. [img]http://forums.cincybengals.com/images/smilies/blah.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bunghole' post='304741' date='Jul 30 2006, 08:18 AM']:lmao:
Smack him upside the head when you see him....then run....[/quote]

I knew we were in trouble with Thurman last year when they gave him his helmet. Apparently he took the thing from Paul Sparling, looked at it closely, paused ... then said, "Sweet man, I can put my WEEEEED in it!"

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Utts' post='304893' date='Jul 30 2006, 02:16 PM']I knew we were in trouble with Thurman last year when they gave him his helmet. Apparently he took the thing from Paul Sparling, looked at it closely, paused ... then said, "Sweet man, I can put my WEEEEED in it!"[/quote]

ya but Big Ben and wines hard look at it and say, " Sweet man, I can put my dick in the earhole."

Guest heldicus
[quote name='MrDingleDangle' post='304930' date='Jul 30 2006, 03:43 PM']anyone know which board if any have daygame chats? I really liked that in huddles since im way out here in SoCal, I like the chat better then the gameday threads.[/quote]

Supercat will certainly have chats on bengalsjungle.com. He was running them from his site before the huddles got on board with chats.

[quote name='heldicus' post='304933' date='Jul 30 2006, 03:49 PM']Supercat will certainly have chats on bengalsjungle.com. He was running them from his site before the huddles got on board with chats.[/quote]

there are typically chats here too.... i may chagne chat programs but it wil lbe there.

[quote name='Harley' post='304269' date='Jul 29 2006, 02:47 PM']Anyway, hopefully we can settle on one spot and put the flag in the ground. This seems like a speedy, easy-to-read board. I will point out that many of the graphics don't display in firefox.[/quote]

Really, what graphics? I haven't seemed to have any problem and I use ie and firefox and the only time I've had an occassional issue is when Go is tweaking things a little bit after an upgrade.

Archived