Tab Perry has...

...a severe bone bruise. So fortuantely for the Bengals, no Bo v2.0 here. He just said so on BengalsLine on 700wlw. Said that if he would have continued to play on it it may have turned into a similar injury. He said he feels fine and wants to practice, but due to the IR rules he can't. Was told to stay off it and has since withered down to 200lbs. Should be good to go come next year.

Guest Coy Bacon
[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='395222' date='Nov 27 2006, 06:59 PM']Is it just me or does it feel like all the bad luck is behind us and things are starting to turn our way?[/quote]

Hush Jinx.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='395222' date='Nov 27 2006, 07:59 PM']Is it just me or does it feel like all the bad luck is behind us and things are starting to turn our way?[/quote]

I'll answer your question after Thursday's game.

His is one injury that has hurt us more than we realize, as he was a valuable kick returner, 4th wideout and a guy we liked to use as an H-Back. He's been a fairly crucial absence.
TAB Perry would have never fumbled that opening kickoff against the Rats.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='395243' date='Nov 27 2006, 07:14 PM']His is one injury that has hurt us more than we realize, as he was a valuable kick returner, 4th wideout and a guy we liked to use as an H-Back. He's been a fairly crucial absence.
TAB Perry would have never fumbled that opening kickoff against the Rats.[/quote]

AMEN to that!!!!! C Perry just sucks balls like all the other UM players. :thumbsdown:

Guest schotzee
[quote name='Bunghole' post='395243' date='Nov 27 2006, 07:14 PM']His is one injury that has hurt us more than we realize, as he was a valuable kick returner, 4th wideout and a guy we liked to use as an H-Back. He's been a fairly crucial absence.
TAB Perry would have never fumbled that opening kickoff against the Rats.[/quote]

We missed Tab for sure.He gave us the take it to the house possibility any time he'd return a kick.At the very least 30 or 40 yard line start.Great to hear it's not a Bo injury.

[quote name='schotzee' post='395271' date='Nov 27 2006, 07:49 PM']We missed Tab for sure.He gave us the take it to the house possibility any time he'd return a kick.At the very least 30 or 40 yard line start.Great to hear it's not a Bo injury.[/quote]

Even better, considering the game that got Bo knocked out was against us in the playoffs.

It would suck that two similar injuries that ended careers of promising players were connected to one team.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='395295' date='Nov 27 2006, 08:24 PM']Such great news. Hopefully we can hear some good news about Pollack soon.[/quote]

Im as sure as my name is sneaky that Pollack will hang up the cleets.

Hopefully, I'm wrong....but that rarley happens.

[quote name='ONYX' post='395298' date='Nov 27 2006, 08:29 PM']Im as sure as my name is ONYX that Pollack will hang up the cleets.

Hopefully, I'm wrong....but that rarley happens.[/quote]

The homer in me hopes your wrong, the realist knows your probabally right.

[quote name='ONYX' post='395298' date='Nov 27 2006, 08:29 PM']Im as sure as my name is ONYX that Pollack will hang up the cleets.

Hopefully, I'm wrong....but that rarley happens.[/quote]
You forgot your ninja smiley after stating how right you usually are, and so therefore I proclaim that Pollack will play again, and be a force.....
:badger:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='395301' date='Nov 27 2006, 08:31 PM']You forgot your ninja smiley after stating how right you usually are, and so therefore I proclaim that Pollack will play again, and be a force.....
:badger:[/quote]

:lol:

:ninja:

[quote name='JC' post='395310' date='Nov 27 2006, 08:50 PM']Don't give up on him yet...[/quote]

Put a fork in him. Pollack is done.

Even if he is medically cleared and decides not to hang it up, whose to say that he would
even be able play in 2007? [size=1][i](See Priest Holmes)[/i][/size]

[quote name='ONYX' post='395313' date='Nov 27 2006, 08:54 PM']Put a fork in him. Pollack is done.
Even if he is medically cleared and decides not to hang it up, whose to say that he would
even be able play in 2007? [size=1][i](See Priest Holmes)[/i][/size][/quote]

Priest Holmes had already seen a ton of games, yards, and hits...Even without the injury, the ravages of time were bound to show.

David Pollack is still a very young man, and that makes him more capable (in my mind) of returning from an injury like that.

My intuitions says he will be back...But my intuition is frequently wrong.

:254:

BZ

Guest oldschooler
From Lance McAlister`s blog...

[quote][size=5][b]Good news on Tab Perry [/b][/size]
Did you catch him on Bengals Line?
Said doctors have determined the hip injury is just a bone bruise.....and NOT similar to what happened to Bo Jackson.
[b]In fact, he asked Marvin if he could practice this week.....which he is not allowed to since he was placed on IR.[/b]
Tab said he ran on the tread mill last week and will do so again this week.
He thanked the Bengals for handling him with the caution they did....rather than running him back out there too quickly, using him up and making it worse.[/quote]

[url="http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp"]http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp[/url]

Guest oldschooler

I don`t know why people are so sure Pollack won`t come back.

I posted an audio clip, from a an interview he did just a few
of weeks ago (November 9th to be exact).

Here is the audio I`m referring to... [url="http://news.enquirer.com/assets/AB44255105.MP3"]Audio: Excerpts from Pollack's teleconference (MP3) [/url]

Here is some of what he says...Keep in mind, these are HIS WORDS...

[quote name='oldschooler' post='382476' date='Nov 9 2006, 06:05 PM']Just of a little of what says in this audio link...

[b]"if God takes football away from me, it`s just something I would have to deal with.
But it wouldn`t be easy. It all depends on how it heals. It`s just like any factured bone. If it heals
by itself, then I`m fine. And I`ll be able to play again, more than likely. If it doesn`t heal
properly, then I`ll have to have surgery. Lord`s willing it will heal properly, and that`s what
it`s doing right now[/b]. I have to have x-rays every week and I`m glowing laying in bed next to my
wife. Everything seems to be looking good, everything seems to be coming along. Nobody`s advised
me not to play. but it`s definitely way to early to make a decision. We`ll just have to see how everything heals.

[b]He says "right now I would say yeah I`ll be playing again. Lord`s willing everything heals right.
Of course I want to play again. It`s something I`ve done since I was 6 years old. [/b]

It sounds like he is willing to accept not being able to play, but it sure sounds like he still wants to play to me.
It all depends on if the bones heals properly. If he has to have surgery, he`s done. No doubt about that.[/quote]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='382479' date='Nov 9 2006, 06:15 PM']He also says [b]"If everything is healed right when they take this halo off, I`ll have a lengthy
rehab, but it wouldn`t make me miss the whole season.[/b] But like I said, let`s worry about
that when we get to it. I got more important things right now to be worrying about.
It`s a mild facture, it could be worse, it could be a complete facture. My first two fingers in my left hand,
are kind of numb, I can`t feel anything. Which is awesome when I stick them in a bowl of hot soup. :lol:[/quote]

The halo is supposed to come off December 13th. After that he would have
6-9 months of rehab. He wants to play. He won`t play if there is a greater
chance of breaking his neck again though. But if the bone heals properly,
which it was at the time of this interview, it will be stronger than it was
before he broke it.

Archived