I GOT A SCHOLARSHIP 2 Play Soccer in College!!!!!

SD_semro

I got a scholarship offer tonight to play at Marian College next year. I'm so pumped. Marian is right next to Butler University. They play in NAIA. They play D-1 schools. I never thought that a kid like me from Southeastern Indiana could play sports in college. I get the offer in mid March. Then I have to sign my letter of intent. I will be attending Marian College next year and will be getting my Bachelor's Degree in Sports Buisness and Management and I will be part of the soccer team and hopefully any other sport I tryout out for. I just wanted to tell you all ,and thanks to everyone who reads this.

Thanks alot. I appreciate it. I just want to say that hard work pays off. I just played soccer for fun in High School. I talked to the coach. I got a tryout. I worked out before my tryout. It payed off. Some advice for any young teens on here wanting to play sports at the Collegiate level, just always work hard at every aspect of the game. Strive to be better and it will show.

Shit, soccer players get all the hot, WORTHWHILE chicks... that game made MY game that much easier.

Congrats, and take my advice to heart- Dont party your way out of that scholorship, its very possible to drink/puff/etc your way right out of that free ride...

Good Luck, and dont forget to shock and awe the hotties..

[quote name='big_dish' post='446974' date='Feb 28 2007, 03:18 AM']Congrats, and take my advice to heart- Dont party your way out of that scholorship, its very possible to drink/puff/etc your way right out of that free ride...[/quote]
FO SHO!

but seriously, im sure your team will force you to do some stupid shit your first year so just do it and get it over with and dont forget to have some semblance of dignity. from the sounds of your school the soccer team will probably have some of the better parties so make nice with some of the older guys and get in with their girlfriends and all their connections. a little networking in those areas can pull some major pussy... good luck!

[quote name='SD_semro' post='446885' date='Feb 27 2007, 11:21 PM']Thanks alot. I appreciate it. I just want to say that hard work pays off. I just played soccer for fun in High School. I talked to the coach. I got a tryout. I worked out before my tryout. It payed off. Some advice for any young teens on here wanting to play sports at the Collegiate level, just always work hard at every aspect of the game. Strive to be better and it will show.[/quote]
That is fucking awesome.

I hope i can get some looks/tryouts to get a scholarship to play some soccer in college. I'm aiming for it.

Good luck! Keep us updated! And leave some good tips!

BTW did you play on any club teams or anything? A big school? I play at a small school and coach said i could play some college but i won't get noticed at such a little school with not much talent. I got All conference honorable mention. Some recignition not much. But i have 2 more years left.

[quote name='JC' post='447461' date='Feb 28 2007, 05:45 PM']That is fucking awesome.

I hope i can get some looks/tryouts to get a scholarship to play some soccer in college. I'm aiming for it.

Good luck! Keep us updated! And leave some good tips!

BTW did you play on any club teams or anything? A big school? I play at a small school and coach said i could play some college but i won't get noticed at such a little school with not much talent. I got All conference honorable mention. Some recignition not much. But i have 2 more years left.[/quote]
jesus christ dude, find a club at least in the premier or elite levels that travel around to some of the better tournys in the region (blue chip classic/cincy, germantown invitational tourny/memphis, etc.) and see about some odp try outs. ohio is hysterically pathetic when it comes to recruiting and can politic with the best with them (theres some awesome friedel quotes on the subject out there), but right now is your prime recruiting time. it sounds like you could at least walk on at some d3 schools with no problems but if your looking for some cash flow at at least a d2 or naia levels you gots ta get goin!

once again, good luck to the both of you!

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='447511' date='Feb 28 2007, 06:29 PM']jesus christ dude, find a club at least in the premier or elite levels that travel around to some of the better tournys in the region (blue chip classic/cincy, germantown invitational tourny/memphis, etc.) and see about some odp try outs. ohio is hysterically pathetic when it comes to recruiting and can politic with the best with them (theres some awesome friedel quotes on the subject out there), but right now is your prime recruiting time. it sounds like you could at least walk on at some d3 schools with no problems but if your looking for some cash flow at at least a d2 or naia levels you gots ta get goin!

once again, good luck to the both of you![/quote]
I have a friend that plays with Warriors on premiership team and is supposed to talk to his coach but he hasn't yet.

But i have no idea if they travel to the big tourneys...I no they have another kid on there that couldn't hardley start every game on our team at our weakest position at wing. on a 1-1000 team so i don't no if its a good enough team

I no the gunners are around here somewhere...i'll look into it...

Edit. Looked up Gunners. The only thing that shows up is Arsenal things.

So maybe i can play with the warriors then do a lot of guest play for other teams. I also heard yesterday a guy i played with that didn't play his senior year is playing some semi-pro in hawaii...i thought that was pretty cool..

[quote name='JC' post='447521' date='Feb 28 2007, 06:46 PM']I have a friend that plays with Warriors on premiership team and is supposed to talk to his coach but he hasn't yet.

But i have no idea if they travel to the big tourneys...I no they have another kid on there that couldn't hardley start every game on our team at our weakest position at wing. on a 1-1000 team so i don't no if its a good enough team

I no the gunners are around here somewhere...i'll look into it...

Edit. Looked up Gunners. The only thing that shows up is Arsenal things.

So maybe i can play with the warriors then do a lot of guest play for other teams. I also heard yesterday a guy i played with that didn't play his senior year is playing some semi-pro in hawaii...i thought that was pretty cool..[/quote]
thats cool, but id make sure i hopped on whatever opportunities present themselves right now as you can always move up if given the opportunity.

semi pro as in super y league or like a usl team?

I played SELECT soccer growing up. I played indoor. I also played a number of othersports which was the reason I wasn't on a traveling team. I also didn't have the funds. Don't worry about me and classes. I got a 3.5 GPA and this is a great chance to have a career in my life. I'll get out of it what I put in it. I want to work with the Colts / Pacers throughout college. They have internships with the school. I'll get great grades so I can have a great career which I enjoy. My sister lives like 5 minutes off campus. So if I slack she'll keep me in line. She is graduating at Butler for pharmacy this year. This scholarship is a great thing and I will take advantage of it.

Archived