Chris Henry Cited For Traffic Violations

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='463114' date='Mar 27 2007, 03:03 PM']The players union should be more involved, I personally hate the NFLPA, they talk out both sides of their mouths on a lot of issues, steroids, player conduct, etc...

I also dont think they should hold these guys hands but they need to try and understand where "their" employees come from.

Not long after Henry was drafted and had moved to cincy his entire house was destroyed by Katrina, his family and friends came to live with him, that is a lot of pressure for a 21 or 22 yr old to support your entire network of people. Never having money he had no idea how to handle himself.

I am 25 and have lived a very nice life, I had no problems growing up so I cant even try to understand what these kids go through. But take away all I had/have I have no idea how I would have acted and how i would be today

I am just saying dont be critical of someone who has lived a life you will never know and dont assume that they "should" know how to act in society when their idea of "society" and yours are totally different.[/quote]

I'm not trying to be critical of anyone, but the NFL is in business to get people to watch their football games.

The same system that allows Chris Henry to make good money playing a game is the same system that should toss him out because there is always another guy who can catch and run fast.

So there are several issues with that calling into question about the League needing to develop these guys socially, the desire, and also the quality of the program.

The NFL is neither the source of the problem or the source of the correcting action.

IMO, the league should have a very low tolerance for this type of stuff and cut their losses. I know it sounds heartless, but they are the employer.

[quote name='scharm' post='463147' date='Mar 27 2007, 03:32 PM']I'm not trying to be critical of anyone, but the NFL is in business to get people to watch their football games.

The same system that allows Chris Henry to make good money playing a game is the same system that should toss him out because there is always another guy who can catch and run fast.

So there are several issues with that calling into question about the League needing to develop these guys socially, the desire, and also the quality of the program.

The NFL is neither the source of the problem or the source of the correcting action.

IMO, the league should have a very low tolerance for this type of stuff and cut their losses. I know it sounds heartless, but they are the employer.[/quote]

i hope you get fired for not using your turn signal.

I saw Henry driving at Newport on the Levee that day BTW...

Anyway, the people that blame the cops are wrong. He is a grown man. Turn signals are there to save lives/accidents... I have said many times, if I was a cop, I would stop people and give them tickets all the time if they dont use thier turn signals. Why? Its a paltry offense? Ive seen maybe 30 accidents (no exagerration-dont drive near me!!) over people doing stupid shit like not using turn swignals, stopping in the middle of the road w/no turn signal, etc. The turn signal is as much a warning to other drivers that traffic (you) in that lane is stopping as much as it is an indicator that you intend to turn. I think there was a thread on this earlier....

Dont blame cops, they are doing their job. Blame the person who actually breaks the law. Part of Chris Henrys job is to stay out of trouble, and to abide by the law to a "T". He didnt do his job correctly, not the cops.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='463148' date='Mar 27 2007, 03:33 PM']i hope you get fired for not using your turn signal.[/quote]

He might, unless he had a union that could continue to protect him after getting arrested and pleading on charges including firearms possession, marijuana possession, serving alcohol to minors, and wreckless driving. Most employers wouldn't touch a guy with that record, let alone keep him around after all that happened while he was employed with you.

Take your pick:

The cops ran his plate and KNEW it was Henry and decided to pull him over on a minor violation because they ASSUMED that Henry would have something on him, OR
The cops saw a blinged-out Escalade on a city corner of a crack-infested, crime-ridden part of town and figured him for a drug dealer, and used the turn signal as a pretext of pulling him over thinking they'd bust whomever for crack.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' post='463153' date='Mar 27 2007, 03:38 PM']He might, unless he had a union that could continue to protect him after getting arrested and pleading on charges including firearms possession, marijuana possession, serving alcohol to minors, and wreckless driving. Most employers wouldn't touch a guy with that record, let alone keep him around after all that happened while he was employed with you.[/quote]
[b]Draft Sidney Rice![/b]

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='Bunghole' post='463154' date='Mar 27 2007, 02:40 PM']Take your pick:

The cops ran his plate and KNEW it was Henry and decided to pull him over on a minor violation because they ASSUMED that Henry would have something on him, OR
The cops saw a blinged-out Escalade on a city corner of a crack-infested, crime-ridden part of town and figured him for a drug dealer, and used the turn signal as a pretext of pulling him over thinking they'd bust whomever for crack.[/quote]

Or the officer saw the license plate (SLIM 15), knew who it was, and pulled him over because the officer has such a small penis that he doesn't actually contribute to society.

No offense, Mully.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='463129' date='Mar 27 2007, 03:17 PM']I got pulled over off fields ertel on 71 coming home from work with expired tags and no proof of insurance. my license was 3 months expired and tags were as well.[/quote]

Same thing for me, but downtown. Only, Downtown is a different neighborhood, and Cincinnati Cops deal with different crimes. THey get people who break the law off the street. Period.

I had Veterans Tags, this was on veterans day. I had turned 25 a couple months prior, and didnt realize that renewing my license was such a big deal. SO I get stoppped, they run my plates, no warrents, no trouble. I didnt have proof of insurance, and what do you know? I forgot to pay the bill and it had been expired for a couple weeks at that point. So recap: white guy, veteran, on veterans day, with expired veterans tags, in a neighborhood where cops come up against serious crime. WHere did I spend my night? In Jail. I was arrested, spent the night in jail, had court in the morning, had to pay a bunch of money, and now have that on my record.

Whos fault was it that I didnt obey the law? Not the cops. It was my fault. I am a man and I take responsibility for my actions.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='463148' date='Mar 27 2007, 03:33 PM']i hope you get fired for not using your turn signal.[/quote]

Oh please.

It clearly referneces "were their employees come from".

Big fucking deal where they come from. They get paid on the basis on being able to play football in an attempt to make money.

That's all the league should care about. Enough of the bullshit "We need breast feed these guys" attitude.

You fuck up enough to upset the Golden Goose get your fuckin ass out of here and go find something else to do.

That should be the attitude of the NFLPA and the Owners instead of this bullshit "We are going to breast feed and nuture these kids" bullshit reponses.

If you look at the link posted above from WLWT - the one that references Slim-15. If you look at the ticket, Henry had his license suspended in Kentucky on March 13th. It had nothing to do with the Ohio reckless op charge.

The ticket says "[b]KY VIOL SUSP 3/13/07 - 9/13/07[/b]"

Now what the hell did Henry do in Ky to get his license suspended 2 weeks ago.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='Bunghole' post='463162' date='Mar 27 2007, 03:52 PM']Are you Elmer Fudd, you wascally wabbit?
:ninja:[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Phatcat' post='463163' date='Mar 27 2007, 03:52 PM']If you look at the link posted above from WLWT - the one that references Slim-15. If you look at the ticket, Henry had his license suspended in Kentucky on March 13th. It had nothing to do with the Ohio reckless op charge.

The ticket says "[b]KY VIOL SUSP 3/13/07 - 9/13/07[/b]"

Now what the hell did Henry do in Ky to get his license suspended 2 weeks ago.[/quote]
maybe his suspension in kentucky from his violation there took place AFTER his suspension from his ohio violation was over.

Guest bengalrick
fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me... fool me for a fifth time? you better be a damn good reciever...

how can anyone honestly defend him at this point... he has to be the worst decision maker of all time...

Guest bengalrick

i thought it was driving on a suspended license?

[b]March 27, 2007

Posted: 3:50 p.m.

Henry
The Bengals on Tuesday issued the following statement in response to reports involving wide receiver Chris Henry.

“While the incident involved a minor traffic matter, the Club is frustrated that the issue arose at all. The Club will await commenting on this specific matter until it is ruled on by the court, and Chris’s overall future with our team can be determined only after this and other pending matters are resolved by the NFL[/b]

[quote name='bengalrick' post='463170' date='Mar 27 2007, 04:02 PM']i thought it was driving on a suspended license?[/quote]

well he has work privileges, he was on vine street, not hard to believe he was leaving PBS after some workouts.

or are you saying he should be fired for driving with a suspended license either way?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='463172' date='Mar 27 2007, 04:05 PM']well he has work privileges, he was on vine street, not hard to believe he was leaving PBS after some workouts.

or are you saying he should be fired for driving with a suspended license either way?[/quote]

There are no official team activities right now. I hope he has another job he can use as a reason.

Geez Louise!

Not only did the man give alcohol to kids, NOOOO... He had to change lanes WITHOUT using his turn signals.....

America? What has happened to you? You used to be this wonderful place, and now look whats you've become.... </sarcasm off>

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='GoBengals' post='463172' date='Mar 27 2007, 04:05 PM']well he has work privileges, he was on vine street, not hard to believe he was leaving PBS after some workouts.

or are you saying he should be fired for driving with a suspended license either way?[/quote]

if i were a manager and an employee got arrested as much as henry has in the past year, i would find a reason to fire his ass... don't act like he was helping kids at the hospital when he was arrested for the first time... he was driving w/out a license, w.out his seat belt, and w/out his blinker on (anyone w/ common sense that was driving w/ their license would not draw attention to theirselves, would they?)

I don't care if we release him and is picked up by the stealers... actually i hope he is, b/c the extra baggage he brings along is not worth his talent (which is out of this world)...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='463172' date='Mar 27 2007, 02:05 PM']well he has work privileges, he was on vine street, not hard to believe he was leaving PBS after some workouts.

I don't think it's a matter of being fired. Perhaps a matter of being locked up due to the probation stipulations of his previous 4 arrest? If you don't understand what I'm talking about just refer back to one of your many "wtf are you talking about?" comments in this thread.

Archived