***O.J. Tossed From Steakhouse on Derby Eve***

[quote][img]http://newsimages.synacor.com/ap_photos//25cf3128-9c79-47aa-97f6-cf229e3da559.jpeg[/img]
[b]optical illusion, if you look carfully, you'll see OJ :ninja:[/b]

[i]O.J. Simpson is seen at the 133rd Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in Louisville,
Ky., in this file photo from May 5, 2007. The owner of an upscale steakhouse in Louisville
said he asked O.J. Simpson to leave his restaurant the night before the Kentucky Derby
because he is sickened by the attention Simpson still attracts. "I didn't want to serve him
because of my convictions of what he's done to those families," Jeff Ruby said in a telephone
interview Tuesday, May 8, 2007. "The way he continues to torture the lives of those families...
with his behavior, attitude and conduct." [/i]

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The owner of an upscale steakhouse in Louisville said he asked O.J. Simpson to leave his restaurant the night before the Kentucky Derby because he is sickened by the attention Simpson still attracts.

"I didn't want to serve him because of my convictions of what he's done to those families," Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "The way he continues to torture the lives of those families ... with his behavior, attitude and conduct."

Simpson, an NFL Hall of Famer and Heisman Trophy winner, was found innocent in 1995 of killing his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ron Goldman but was found liable in a civil trial that followed.

Ruby — who owns restaurants in Cincinnati, Louisville and Belterra, Indiana — said Simpson, who was in town for the Derby on Saturday, came in with a group of about 12 Friday night and was seated at a table in the back. A customer came up to Ruby and was "giddy" about seeing Simpson, Ruby said.

"I didn't want that experience in my restaurant," Ruby said, later adding that seeing Simpson get so much attention "makes me sick to my stomach."

He said he went to Simpson's table and said, "I'm not serving you." Ruby said when Simpson didn't respond, he repeated himself and left the room.

Ruby said Simpson soon came up to him and said he understood and would gather the rest of his party to leave.

Simpson's lawyer, Yale Galanter, did not immediately return phone calls Tuesday night seeking comment.

"It was the first time since 1994 he has ever shown any class," Ruby said. "He showed it that night in the restaurant" by leaving quietly.

Ruby said after Simpson left, people in the restaurant started applauding him. He said he has received about 100 positive e-mails since the incident.

The walls of Ruby's restaurants are decorated with celebrity photos. A photo of Simpson and Ruby used to be on display, but Ruby said he took it down after the killings.[/quote]

[url="http://broadband.zoomtown.com/news/read.php?ps=1016&id=14991478&_LT=HOME_LARSDCCLM_UNEWS"]http://broadband.zoomtown.com/news/read.ph...LARSDCCLM_UNEWS[/url]

Guest ONYX

[color="#FF0000"][b]Great googly moogly.

It's been 12 years since O.J. has killed anybody, leave him alone and give him a break.

Damn racists.[/b][/color]

:ninja:

Guest ONYX

[color="#FF0000"][b]I wonder if that chick walking behind him is his new Pez vanilla bunny?[/b][/color]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9f/PEZ1.jpg[/img]

:ninja:

[quote name='sneaky' post='484321' date='May 9 2007, 02:38 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I wonder if that chick walking behind him is his new Pez vanilla bunny?[/b][/color]

:ninja:[/quote]

God, I hope not, because she looks like my mom.
MULLY
Jesus, that's scary

[quote name='sneaky' post='484321' date='May 9 2007, 01:38 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I wonder if that chick walking behind him is his new Pez vanilla bunny?[/b][/color][/quote]

Could be. It looks like she doesn't have a head.

So I guess you know Jeff Ruby then? If you hate him, or if he is a peice of shit, then you must know him, right?

Ive known Ruby for years, and he is a pretty cool, and fair, guy. Eccentric, yes, misunderstood sometimes, yes. But a peice of shit? Not so much...

Rickelle pushed him out of the moving car when he opened the door and threatened to get out if she didnt stop. the car wasnt going fast... jump out of a car after a bag of coke when your net assets are at least 2 million (back then)? riiiight.

Even if I didnt know Ruby, I still think its awesome. OJ is a peice of shit. If a murdered or rapist walked into your restaurant, famous or not, would you serve him? Ruby doesnt back down to anyone, there should be more people with that attitude then there are.

Saw this on lance's blog.

(AP) OJ Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license. "He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did," Galanter said by telephone Tuesday night.

[quote name='big_dish' post='484475' date='May 9 2007, 02:07 PM']So I guess you know Jeff Ruby then? If you hate him, or if he is a peice of shit, then you must know him, right?

Ive known Ruby for years, and he is a pretty cool, and fair, guy. Eccentric, yes, misunderstood sometimes, yes. But a peice of shit? Not so much...

Rickelle pushed him out of the moving car when he opened the door and threatened to get out if she didnt stop. the car wasnt going fast... jump out of a car after a bag of coke when your net assets are at least 2 million (back then)? riiiight.
Even if I didnt know Ruby, I still think its awesome. OJ is a peice of shit. If a murdered or rapist walked into your restaurant, famous or not, would you serve him? Ruby doesnt back down to anyone, there should be more people with that attitude then there are.[/quote]

Just because he's been nice to YOU doesn't mean he's a good person. The man was involved in some pretty shady shit, whether you want to admit that or not. That only means that you and I have something in common....good friends who can be bad people...lol.

I don't disagree with him refusing service to OJ. OJ is a piece of shit of the highest extreme. What I found ironic, is that Jeff Ruby (a man with a criminal past), is acting like he did this as some sort of "moral" service for society. It's just funny/ironic/confusing to see someone like him "set the moral standard".

Fact is, he did this purely for promotion, and promotion only. (and it worked!) He knew this story would be all over the news. Smart business decision, but I'm not buying that he did it for any kind of moral principle.

[quote name='Ben' post='484503' date='May 9 2007, 03:14 PM']Saw this on lance's blog.

(AP) OJ Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said the incident was about race, and he intended to pursue the matter and possibly go after the restaurant's liquor license. "He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did," Galanter said by telephone Tuesday night.[/quote]

OJ is money hungry right now....this pending legal action doesn't surprise me one bit. What is unfortunate, is that shit like this belittles/undermines REAL racial discrimination issues. For every asshole like OJ that cries wolf, it just makes everyone a little more hesistant to believe the next person.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='484512' date='May 9 2007, 03:47 PM']OJ is money hungry right now....this pending legal action doesn't surprise me one bit. What is unfortunate, is that shit like this belittles/undermines REAL racial discrimination issues. For every asshole like OJ that cries wolf, it just makes everyone a little more hesistant to believe the next person.[/quote]

you aint kidding

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='big_dish' post='484475' date='May 9 2007, 02:07 PM']So I guess you know Jeff Ruby then? If you hate him, or if he is a peice of shit, then you must know him, right?

Even if I didnt know Ruby, I still think its awesome. OJ is a peice of shit. If a murdered or rapist walked into your restaurant, famous or not, would you serve him? Ruby doesnt back down to anyone, there should be more people with that attitude then there are.[/quote]
and ive met with pete rose many times and many people think he is a piece of shit. i dont think so because he has always been nice to me. so there goes your stupid point. ive met ruby multiple times. he is an asshole and a piece of shit. he has been and probably still is involved in shady shit. he didnt do this for a point, he did it for publicity. he isnt a moron, just a piece of shit.

OJ is not a murderer. I dont give a shit what you think. he wasnt found guilty and therefore he is innocent. Whether that is what i truly think or not doesnt matter because in the eyes of the law he is not guilty.

[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='484515' date='May 9 2007, 03:53 PM']and ive met with pete rose many times and many people think he is a piece of shit. i dont think so because he has always been nice to me. so there goes your stupid point. ive met ruby multiple times. he is an asshole and a piece of shit. he has been and probably still is involved in shady shit. he didnt do this for a point, he did it for publicity. he isnt a moron, just a piece of shit.

[b]OJ is not a murderer.[/b] I dont give a shit what you think. he wasnt found guilty and therefore he is innocent. Whether that is what i truly think or not doesnt matter because in the eyes of the law he is not guilty.[/quote]
Okay, if you say so... That trial was going on in 1995 (my freshman year of college as I remember sitting in my dorm room watching it) so that is 12 years ago. You're in high school so at your oldest you were what 6, maybe 7 during that trial? You need to go back and review that whole trial. That trial was a joke and Cochran turned that into a circus. All that trial did was introduce enough doubt, supposedly, into the prosecutions case as to not get a conviction.

Don't know Jeff Ruby - have heard stories, so can't comment. But I don't blame him for doing what he did. Nothing racist to it - Simpson can cry about that all he wants. All Ruby has to prove is that there were various races in the restaurant both that night and other times as well.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='484525' date='May 9 2007, 04:03 PM']Okay, if you say so... That trial was going on in 1995 (my freshman year of college as I remember sitting in my dorm room watching it) so that is 12 years ago. You're in high school so at your oldest you were what 6, maybe 7 during that trial? You need to go back and review that whole trial. That trial was a joke and Cochran turned that into a circus. All that trial did was introduce enough doubt, supposedly, into the prosecutions case as to not get a conviction.

Don't know Jeff Ruby - have heard stories, so can't comment. But I don't blame him for doing what he did. Nothing racist to it - Simpson can cry about that all he wants. All Ruby has to prove is that there were various races in the restaurant both that night and other times as well.[/quote]
im not in high school, thanks. i know everything that happend and i followed it pretty closely. im not letting my personal belief on here.

Guest bengalrick
private business, private decision...

the market will either hate ruby for doing it and stop eating at his restaurants, or they will love him for it and start eating there....

[quote name='bengalrick' post='484549' date='May 9 2007, 04:35 PM']private business, private decision...

the market will either hate ruby for doing it and stop eating at his restaurants, or they will love him for it and start eating there....[/quote]

i don't think anyone in the surrounding area will stop going to his restaurants. i personally like what he did, but thats me. i don't care about what he did in his past, it sure as hell wasn't murder!

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='484557' date='May 9 2007, 04:52 PM']i don't think anyone in the surrounding area will stop going to his restaurants. i personally like what he did, but thats me. i don't care about what he did in his past, it sure as hell wasn't murder![/quote]

yeah, i agree that this will not affect business for him...

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='484548' date='May 9 2007, 04:30 PM']Amen you do realize OJ was found guilty in the civil trial right?[/quote]
yes, and it was bullshit.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='484563' date='May 9 2007, 04:59 PM']yes, and it was bullshit.[/quote]

you believe he was innocent? based on what evidence?

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain
[quote name='bengalrick' post='484565' date='May 9 2007, 05:09 PM']you believe he was innocent? based on what evidence?[/quote]
i dont believe he was innocent, but i find it bullshit that he wasnt found guilty in trial, then lost another case and had to pay a shit load to the stuipd ass families.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='484510' date='May 9 2007, 05:15 PM']Just because he's been nice to YOU doesn't mean he's a good person. The man was involved in some pretty shady shit, whether you want to admit that or not. That only means that you and I have something in common....good friends who can be bad people...lol.

I don't disagree with him refusing service to OJ. OJ is a piece of shit of the highest extreme. What I found ironic, is that Jeff Ruby (a man with a criminal past), is acting like he did this as some sort of "moral" service for society. It's just funny/ironic/confusing to see someone like him "set the moral standard".

Fact is, he did this purely for promotion, and promotion only. (and it worked!) He knew this story would be all over the news. Smart business decision, but I'm not buying that he did it for any kind of moral principle.[/quote]

:headbang: That there is a nice post young man

Archived