Bonds blasts 752 and 753

[quote name='sneaky' post='513736' date='Jul 21 2007, 09:29 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Babe Ruth was a fat ass drunkard. One other thing about Babe Ruth that rarley anyone
mentions, is that he never played against blacks, hispanics or asians because baseball
back then was 100% racially segregated.

How would he have faired pitching or batting against those players?

Fuck Babe Ruth. :thumbsdown: [/b][/color][/quote]
i agree 100%

People better than ruth all time: Satchel Paige, Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey Jr, Arod and that is the short list. Ive always personally felt that Gehrig was the better player but he was overshadowed by HRs (the most overrated stat in all of sports).

[quote name='sneaky' post='513710' date='Jul 21 2007, 07:57 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Barry Bonds > Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Willie Mays..............combined.[/b][/color][/quote]

:huh:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

he was no where near as good on defense as mayes, and probably wouldn't have came close to either the babes or hammerin' hanks records if it wasn't for a strange upsurge in hr's in his later career...

[img]http://r_harrison.tripod.com/Agonist/BarryBonds.jpg[/img]

bonds is great, steroid or not, but the babe and hot dogs and cigars and hank didn't even seem to eat enough, let alone take roids... The record to beat in my eyes will still be hanks...

[quote name='sneaky' post='513736' date='Jul 21 2007, 09:29 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Babe Ruth was a fat ass drunkard. One other thing about Babe Ruth that rarley anyone
mentions, is that he never played against blacks, hispanics or asians because baseball
back then was 100% racially segregated.

How would he have faired pitching or batting against those players?

Fuck Babe Ruth. :thumbsdown: [/b][/color][/quote]

this is a good point, but you can't also take away the fact that before ruth, the HR record was something like 150.... but i agree, he is not the best player of all time... probably willie mayes actually, considering his offense and defensive domination for so long... best hitter would have to be ted williams imo... ruth, aaron, and bonds could be argued though....

[quote name='bengalrick' post='515118' date='Jul 24 2007, 03:40 PM']:huh:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[b]he was no where near as good on defense as mayes,[/b] and probably wouldn't have came close to either the babes or hammerin' hanks records if it wasn't for a strange upsurge in hr's in his later career...

[img]http://r_harrison.tripod.com/Agonist/BarryBonds.jpg[/img]

bonds is great, steroid or not, but the babe and hot dogs and cigars and hank didn't even seem to eat enough, let alone take roids... The record to beat in my eyes will still be hanks...[/quote]
Nooooooooooo shit. I've seen on two different occasions where there has been a deep fly ball that was hit in his direction, where he has assumed it to be a HR, stood still and not tracked back, and the ball has landed over his head in the ball park. :pointlaff:

The guy is an ass.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='515144' date='Jul 24 2007, 10:58 AM']Nooooooooooo shit. I've seen on two different occasions where there has been a deep fly ball that was hit in his direction, where he has assumed it to be a HR, stood still and not tracked back, and the ball has landed over his head in the ball park. :pointlaff:

The guy is an ass.[/quote]

He is an ass. He was interviewed at the Home Run derby and said that he doesn't even think about the record. That was hilarious. Even more hilarious if he thought anyone bought it. He wouldn't be playing this year if it wasn't for the record. And ironically, he would've broken it already if he didn't take that time on the DL last year to duck the steroids testing.

I don't care about the individual achievement, even the Rose hit record. I want the Reds and Bengals to win championships and I don't care who gets them there.

[quote name='Actium' post='516937' date='Jul 26 2007, 04:58 PM']Anyone who is not rooting for Bonds as he breaks the record is racist. You all just can't accept the fact that Bonds, a black man, is going to eclipse White Hero Hank Aaron.[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"][b]
Preach brotha, preach !!!!! [/b][/color]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img]

[quote]:ninja:[/quote]

:mellow:

<_<

:angry:

[color="#FF0000"] [b]Racist !!!![/b][/color]

:ninja:

[quote name='sneaky' post='516991' date='Jul 26 2007, 04:49 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]
Preach brotha, preach !!!!! [/b][/color]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img]
:mellow:
<_<
:angry:
[color="#FF0000"] [b]Racist !!!![/b][/color]
:ninja:[/quote]

:D

I actually am rooting for him. I like the fact that is a Villain--I've always favored the villains.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Hooky' post='522910' date='Aug 7 2007, 08:53 AM']I wish he would hit 756 already so he can retire the next day and go away. You've got to want that if you're a giants fan also, so they can start concentrating on winning baseball games again.[/quote]

they've actually been winning a lot of games lately.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='522916' date='Aug 7 2007, 09:12 AM']they've actually been winning a lot of games lately.[/quote]

Compared to whom? The Devil Rays? They've won 2 of their last 6. They're 5-5 in their last 10, and 10-14 since the All-Star break.

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='522900' date='Aug 7 2007, 08:28 AM']Where the hell you been? He did this several days ago.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Racist !!!! :1287:

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... :1287: [/b][/color]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='523020' date='Aug 7 2007, 11:46 AM']yea but 10-14 is good for them![/quote]

That's around .416 while their season avg is .432.

Anyways, my point is that he's a distraction. It's great for the organization that's raking in the revenue, sucks for Giant players that actually want to win.

Archived