Brewers @ Reds Series Discussion

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='514847' date='Jul 23 2007, 07:41 PM']10-inning Harangutan!!! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//36.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] :049:[/quote]
Yay.
Harang deserves so much better than the Reds bullpen. The guy would have 16 wins and would be leading the league in wins if he played almost anywhere else right now.

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='514896' date='Jul 23 2007, 11:12 PM']Really? Where are you sitting? I might go.[/quote]

Don't have seats yet - my buddy got a 'power pack' of vouchers, so I meet him there and we buy them together.

Gallardo is another one of this bumper crop of young pitching we've been seeing, with Felix Hernandez, Jered Weaver, Liriano, Lincecum, Phil Hughes, Bailey. I'm excited to watch each of these young aces-to-be.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='514851' date='Jul 23 2007, 09:45 PM']Yay.
Harang deserves so much better than the Reds bullpen. The guy would have 16 wins and would be leading the league in wins if he played almost anywhere else right now.[/quote]

We finally have a bonafide # 1 SP,now if we could just find a consistent # 2 that could do wonders for the blowpen and improve this teams record dramatically.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='515264' date='Jul 24 2007, 11:59 AM']our starting pitching isnt what has been hurting us this year, its the blowpen and the lack of consistency on offense.[/quote]

Have our starters consistently put out solid outings though?Going at least 6,7 innings consistently?I don't know.My point would be is maybe if we get more innings out of our starters,the blowpen would not be so overworked.Again,I'm not sure if that is the case.

[quote name='schotzee' post='515398' date='Jul 24 2007, 01:16 PM']Have our starters consistently put out solid outings though?Going at least 6,7 innings consistently?I don't know.My point would be is maybe if we get more innings out of our starters,the blowpen would not be so overworked.Again,I'm not sure if that is the case.[/quote]

on the whole, the starting pitching has been pretty good. Harang has been great, and Arroyo has been great as well except for a 5 game stretch (in which I"m confident he wasn't 100% healthy). Lohse and Belilse have been hit and miss, but are solid when they are on.

Livingston has been pitching very well and Bailey just needs experience.

Not sure if we still are, but at one point we were leading the league in complete games (whereas a few years ago we went 2+ years without having one).

A stat was shown the other day that the Bengals lead the majors in losses by the bullpen with 19. I think we've added 1 or 2 since then too. That's not even counting games where maybe we were losing by a run, scored a few but still lost because the bullpen made a 1 run deficit a 4 run deficit. Give back 10 of those losses, and the Reds are in second place, fighting for a playoff spot right now.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='515418' date='Jul 24 2007, 01:52 PM']on the whole, the starting pitching has been pretty good. Harang has been great, and Arroyo has been great as well except for a 5 game stretch (in which I"m confident he wasn't 100% healthy). Lohse and Belilse have been hit and miss, but are solid when they are on.

Livingston has been pitching very well and Bailey just needs experience.

[b]Not sure if we still are, but at one point we were leading the league in complete games[/b] (whereas a few years ago we went 2+ years without having one).
A stat was shown the other day that the [b]Bengals [/b]lead the majors in losses by the bullpen with 19. I think we've added 1 or 2 since then too. That's not even counting games where maybe we were losing by a run, scored a few but still lost because the bullpen made a 1 run deficit a 4 run deficit. Give back 10 of those losses, and the Reds are in second place, fighting for a playoff spot right now.[/quote]

Wow ,that is a change ,I remember when we went forever w/o a complete game from our starters.

No wonder our bullpen stinks if we are using our football players ;) :P .

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='515648' date='Jul 24 2007, 06:19 PM']the SP is not a problem at all. the problem is 3 things: bullpen, no ability to hit with RISP, and bad defense.[/quote]

SP has been good except for Matt Belisle. He didn't even make it out of the 4th inning last night after giving up 4 runs (could have easily been 6 though). I think it's safe to say he will be relegated to the bullpen from now on, maybe give someone like Gosling a start next time around.

The Reds have really struggled offensively the last few games. Monday they did win, but 2-1 in 12 innings...also needed Harang to pitch 10 innings of 1 run baseball. The bullpen actually did a great job the last 2 nights, but their still obviously needs to be some sort of upgrade in the bullpen for this team to have a shot in the future (as this year is pretty much a wasted cause now).

[quote name='Jason' post='516830' date='Jul 26 2007, 03:32 PM']Oh, that's why.[/quote]

Why did they when according to the box score they hadn't used anyone off the bench yet?

And how, according to the play-by-play on ESPN, did he score from first on a single?

[quote name='Jason' post='516852' date='Jul 26 2007, 03:54 PM'][img]http://www.radiohof.org/cards/marty_brennaman.jpg[/img]
...and this one belongs to the Reds!

3 of 4 from the Brewers. Well done![/quote]

well done indeed...wish they would have played this well earlier this season.

Also...did anyone notice the reds have won 7 of their last 8 at home :o with the only loss being at the hands of matt belisle who surely is headed to the bullpen.

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='516885' date='Jul 26 2007, 04:17 PM']The Reds are hot lately..Cubs are up next..Hopefully we can take at least 2 from them..Maybe 3 I think..Then we play the nationals which should be an easy 3 games.[/quote]

That's what we thought the last time.

Archived