ROCK ELIMINATION CHAMPIONSHIP: AC/DC - PINK FLOYD awaits ruling

BENGALS666

ACDC v PINK FLOYD  

61 members have voted

1. 1. ACDC v PINK FLOYD

• AC/DC
    • PINK FLOYD

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]I could at least live with Pink Floyd ... who I would at least put in the top 5 all time (although closer to #5) ... ACDC does not even belong in the top 15 ... so get them the fuck outta here.

By the way ... the finals would have been better if it were The Doors -vs- Pink Floyd

Or Jimi Hendrix -vs- The Beatles

(that would at least be respectable)
[/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='520324' date='Aug 1 2007, 11:40 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]I could at least live with Pink Floyd ... who I would at least put in the top 5 all time (although closer to #5) ... ACDC does not even belong in the top 15 ... so get them the fuck outta here.

By the way ... the finals would have been better if it were The Doors -vs- Pink Floyd

Or Jimi Hendrix -vs- The Beatles
(that would at least be respectable)
[/b][/size][/font][/quote]

[size=3]These are fucking revelations man! [/size]
How did we get this far without your opinions to guide us?

[quote name='ONYX' post='520364' date='Aug 2 2007, 03:58 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b] Floyd is winning........wow, what a schocker?[/b][/color]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//37.gif[/img][/quote]

Why do you even care, and what the hell do you even know about it?

You said you never even heard of Aeorosmith until walk this way with run dmc, you racist.

You probably couldn't even name 5 Jimi Hendrix songs without cheating, but you were bitching about him not winning in the semi-finals simply because he was black.

Don't make me shock the world and come over to your "Yo mama" thread and school yo' bitch ass blind with some rhymes.

B)

:wave:

The day is here and the finals are set with the match-up that was meant to be. This is a win-win situation with no real loser.
When the voters have spoken, the results will be what they are and must be accepted by all.

Both are worthy enough to be here, even though each of us may of had our own choices. By, the early morning polling result and I do mean early (damn, 4:13 the polls opened); Pink Floyd as a comfortable 3:1 lead margin. Note: Early reports indicate that there could be a news conference scheduled between 6-8pm tonight coming from the AC/DC camp. This is not to be interpeted as any form of a concession speech, however we will keep you informed.

Since, there is such a disparity in the early polls, I shall take the liberty in discussing AC/DC (what you didn't think I would :P )

Hopefully, during this band Elimination period, you have becomed exposed to some of AC/DC's early work performed with the late Bon Scott;
9If you haven't, then your not a true rock n' roller and just a poser whose votes should be esponged from the records; sorta like what they do in
college football, see Oklahoma University.

AC/DC's music while simplistic in nature and over-loaded with sexual inneundo's "Let me put my love into you babe" "Giving the dog a bone" etc,
their music is the fundemental embodiement of what rock'n roll is about; sex, drugs (to include booze) rock n' roll.

NOTE: Personally, now I do not condone sex outside of marriage and indulgence in alcohol/drugs, this is merely "for the record" and I wish to primarly focus from a musical perspective.

Additionally, some say that AC/DC means Anti-Christ / Death to Christ and is an inneundo towards bi-sexuality; IT's ALL BULLSHIT!!!
AC/DC is about raw energy and power, heavy hard-hitting music that hit you in the gut and literally feel. What about their album "Highway to
Hell', I view this as prophetic for Scott, but also as a way the band capitalized on the back-lash from the likes of Jerry Falwell.

IMO, listening to Rock n' roll music would fall into the secondary non-essential list of christianity doctrine. (see Jesus/Dubya threads).

Simply put, AC/DC was about having "FUN", they invoked the KISS theory "Keep It Simple Stupid" and excelled at it better than anyone.
Their early album titles "High Voltage" & "Livewire" and later "Flick of the Switch & Volts" clearly stated this.

Accomplishments:
[color="#000080"]From Wiki:
AC/DC have sold more than 150 million albums worldwide, including more than 68 million albums in the U.S. Back in Black has sold 42 million units worldwide, including 21 million in the U.S. alone, making it [b]the second-highest-selling album ever internationally, and the biggest-selling album by any band.[/b]The band are ranked fourth on VH1's list of the 100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock and were ranked by MTV the 7th "Greatest Heavy Metal Band Of All Time".[/color]

[color="#000080"]AC/DC were a formative influence on New Wave of British Heavy Metal bands such as Saxon and Iron Maiden who emerged in the late 1970s, in part as a reaction to the decline of traditional early 1970s heavy metal bands[/color]

In closing, i would recommend, if you have not heard, listening to some of the Bon Scott era music. I did see Bon live a year befor his death, but for many years afterwards (up until the advent of the internet), there was not much about him available. I have said this early and is worth repeating here;
IMHO, I don't think a Bon Scott AC/DC was a right fit for MTV.

Now, I present you the Gospel of Bon Scott:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNwN3rSrvaE"]"Let there be rock"[/url]

The rappin' n rhymin' folk on this board should vote for ACDC by default seeing as the song Back in Black was probably only 2nd to the original Walk This Way (long before the Run DMC joint) in the chronology of Rock/Rap fusion... and I'm sure Brian Johnson had no idea about rap at the time...

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='520435' date='Aug 2 2007, 11:40 AM']The rappin' n rhymin' folk on this board should vote for ACDC by default seeing as the song Back in Black was probably only 2nd to the original Walk This Way (long before the Run DMC joint) in the chronology of Rock/Rap fusion... and I'm sure Brian Johnson had no idea about rap at the time...[/quote]

I've been sayin along, "fo shizzle my brizzle"

[img]http://www.bigpawsonly.com/dog-images/snoop-dogg.jpg[/img]

[i]"These AC/DC 'cats' are the fliest."[/i]

Snoop Dog sez vote:

[size=5]AC/DC[/size]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='520548' date='Aug 2 2007, 03:21 PM'][center][img]http://www.corante.com/mooreslore/archives/images/beavis-butthead.jpeg[/img]

[size=4][b]Butthead has spoken ... now for the rest of us .... [s]Floyd[/s] Fire, Fire, Fire [/b] ^_^ [/size][/center][/quote]

[quote name='#22' post='520634' date='Aug 2 2007, 05:15 PM']Wow...too much noise or not enough of it.

Well, I hate Australians more than I hate pseudo-intellectual Brits, so I guess I'll vote accordingly.

[b]Jimi Hendrix did get robbed[/b].[/quote]
So did the beatles, stones, bowie, etc, etc, et al....but there's no crying in baseball! Unless you're a Reds fan that is...then it's allowed....

Archived