Cold Hard Football Predictions

oftt4

[quote name='Gangtieren' post='554467' date='Sep 23 2007, 04:02 AM']1. Ben vs. Carson

Who cares? Who cares which QB throws a better ball or completes more passes? AFAIK, football is a team sport.

I want my team to win the Super Bowl. That's the only... THE ONLY stat that matters to me.

[color="#FF0000"]So, you lot can console your broken hearts when CP gets inducted in to the HOF some day after he retires after never having won a Super Bowl game. [/color] You can even laugh at how Ben will not get nominated to enter the HOF.

But, I'm certain that Ben and we who love the black and gold will be more than consoled by the memories of glorious championship victories.
2. 70s STEELERS

I don't think the NFL is going to take away the 4 lombardi Trophies won by the greatest football dynasty ever, so you can keep crying about alleged steroid use all you like... but, here's a clue... your crying ain't gonna change a thing.

The STEELERS still have 5 Lombardi Trophies sitting pretty in pissburgh.

That's 5 times better than the b u n g l e s ...

:lol:[/quote]

Not going to happen, trust me on that one.

[quote name='Gangtieren' post='554520' date='Sep 23 2007, 08:19 AM']What? :huh:

You mean you guys are going to be [color="#FF0000"][b]inconsolable[/b][/color] when CP gets inducted into the HOF after he retires never having won a Super Bowl? :lol:[/quote]
That's funny!
But, I expect greater things from CP. That guy, while he is probably the most even-keel QB on the field, has a burning desire to win it all. We learned something about his competitve drive (and hatred for the Steelers!) during his speedy rehab process from the knee injury.
Time will tell, but I do think that Cp and company can at least pull one SB win out of their arses before the window closes on his and their carers.
That is if we can muster a consistently average defensive performance...

I dont want to gloat, but 8-8 prediction is starting to look pretty good....

Lets do a quick update on my reasoning (Just for Brew Crew Grrl)

8-8 three of the last four years...check

piss poor defense (29th in scoring, 29th in yards)....check

No backup running back will cause problems....we'll see Monday

Play in a tough division....AFC North is brutal....check

Tough games outside division (Seattle, New England).....check

Oh, and as for my prediction that pissburgh's offense might not be as flashy as Cinci's, but would be more productive...

Cinci - 93

Yards
pissburgh - 378.3
Cinci - 393.0

Less flash....more production.

I know the season is far from over....but I am batting 1.000 so far.

[quote name='oftt4' post='559061' date='Sep 28 2007, 05:16 PM']I dont want to gloat, but 8-8 prediction is starting to look pretty good....

Oh, and as for my prediction that pissburgh's offense might not be as flashy as Cinci's, but would be more productive...

Cinci - 93

Yards
pissburgh - 378.3
Cinci - 393.0

I know the season is far from over....but I am batting 1.000 so far.[/quote]

I still hope for better than 8-8, but cant argue w/ ya..... Hopefully Chucky orders some HGH or sprinkles some PCP in their cornflakes ;)

[quote name='oftt4' post='559061' date='Sep 28 2007, 05:16 PM']I dont want to gloat, but 8-8 prediction is starting to look pretty good....

8-8 three of the last four years...check [b]What difference does this make as to any team does this year. Guess the Stoolers will suck because they were 8-8 last year. At any rate, it's still better then the 90's. :)[/b]

piss poor defense (29th in scoring, 29th in yards)....check [b]Check[/b]

No backup running back will cause problems....we'll see Monday [b]Perry will be back week 6. [/b]

Tough games outside division (Seattle, New England).....check [b]After New England, who is left? (Jets, Buffalo, Miami, 49ers, Arizona, Chiefs, Tennessee, and the Rams.) Of those, I'd say Arizona and the Titans are the only two that will be able to beat the Bengals and I'm betting they both don't. We go 7-1 in those games, 3-3 in the division is good enough for the playoffs. [/b]

pissburgh - 97 [b]14 yesterday didn't help. [/b]
Cinci - 93

Yards
pissburgh - 378.3 [b]282 yesterday didn't help.[/b]
Cinci - 393.0

8-8 three of the last four years...check [b]What difference does this make as to any team does this year. Guess the Stoolers will suck because they were 8-8 last year. At any rate, it's still better then the 90's.[/b]

The difference is that 8-8 was an anomaly for pissburgh, it is something to strive for in Cinci....a history of losing makes it easier for players (and fans) to accept a season of losing...which leads to...yup, losing.

Tough games outside division (Seattle, New England).....check [b]After New England, who is left? (Jets, Buffalo, Miami, 49ers, Arizona, Chiefs, Tennessee, and the Rams.) Of those, I'd say Arizona and the Titans are the only two that will be able to beat the Bengals and I'm betting they both don't. We go 7-1 in those games, 3-3 in the division is good enough for the playoffs. [/b]

Well, lets see...so far your only two games outside the division you lost. as for 7-1 in the 8 games left...I dont see it. 5-3 at the most is my guess. (you lose to Zona, Tenn, 49'ers) 3-3 in the division? I dont see that either, what I've seen tells me that the Steelers will sweep you and so will the Browns. Looking up at the Browns from last place after going 1-3 tells me that you guys are not making the playoffs. You will need to go at least 9-3 the rest of the way...wont happen.

pissburgh - 97 [b]14 yesterday didn't help[/b].

13 yesterday didnt help you.

Yards
pissburgh - 378.3 [b]282 yesterday didn't help[/b].

283 yesterday didnt help you.

NEXT...

Cinci - 93

Yards
pissburgh - 378.3
Cinci - 393.0

I'm not arguing your points, just wanting to state that before you break your arm patting yourself on the back take a glance at the two teams' schedules to this point...What defenses has pissburgh put those up against - the Bengals have gone against the Ravens and Pats, thus far...

I'm going to venture a guess that the Bengals, to this point, has been significantly more difficult than the Stoolers... Let's see at the end of 16 when both teams have played the same 16 opponents and see where we're at schedule-wise, as well as stat-wise.

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='540035' date='Sep 4 2007, 02:17 PM']:lol: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] :lmao:

oftt.... if CHFF is where you get your football information its no wonder you think Ben is the best thing since sliced bread and the Steelers will do well this year! [u][b]Whoever wrote out those predictions was high on crack or was dropped on his head one too many times as a child.[/b][/u][/quote]See what I mean, yet another Example demonstrating you know [size=5]Absolutely Shit[/size] about the game. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[b]Advice time:[/b] Get back in the Kitchen and put together those Spam Sandwiches before Daddy Brew and kids come home. :contract:

Another example of some Bitch from the town of NADA that thinks she has knowledge to contribute, when in reality, we all know what she's really good for, and even at that, there's No certainty :0stfu:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='546693' date='Sep 13 2007, 04:01 PM']As far as the steroid thing....

[url="http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8322840"]http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8322840[/url][/quote]Another BungHole who Failed to do his homework.

1. Must have missed the Article in SI this past may or june where they show what Haslett had to say was [b]INCORRECT![/b]
2. Why? Simply because Haslett [size=6]NEVER[/size] played for the Steelers, 70's or otherwise. Only was an Assist Coach in the [u][b]early 90's[/b][/u]. Haslett was barely out of Diapers in the 70's, so to speak. LOL LOL [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Next time, [b]DO YOUR HOMEWORK[/b] and you learn that [u][b]ALL NFL teams were using Performance enhancers, Including your BUNGHOLES back then[/b][/u]. Hmmmm, with all that help, funny why they never won a CHAMPIONSHIP. :rolleyes:

You Tards are just too easy for the Doc. Trying growing a Brain cell or 2 before attempting to post next time, K :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='546635' date='Sep 13 2007, 02:51 PM']Well then hell its all on trent dilfer, he must be a god. Give me a break.
Wrong.

Bonds did not take anything that was illigle by the league standards. What he has done is unethical but it is not illigal. Same as the steelers. As far as other teams using and saying it was widespread, i wouldnt be supprised, but that hasnt been proven has it?

Its not jealousy breeding contempt at all, I loathe the 49ners as a team maybe even moreso than the steelers (though I hate steelers fans more by far), because of them beating us 2xs in the superbowl. But I can respect their accomplishment because they didnt take the shortcuts to get there. I cant say that about the steelers.[/quote]LOL. Dear Brain Dead Jamie, please read above post on the Roid Subject, then its back to the Hills of [size=5]Appalachia[/size] with you for more inbreeding.. LOL what a Tard. LMFAO at you [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Clue time: [size=5][color="#FF0000"]Profound jealousy[/color][/size] is so Unbecoming, even for a Sub-Primate like you. Just sayin :pissing:

[quote name='DocSteelHoliday' post='566370' date='Oct 10 2007, 08:00 AM']Beats hell out of you laying on the Camp Grounds each night. :mellow: :huh:[/quote]
Awwwww..... Doc did you get kicked off of bengals.com again??? :lol: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]
[img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/jamie_b_2006/docholiday3.jpg[/img]

Haha... I see JamieB already called your ass out!

[quote name='Brew Crew Grrl' post='566442' date='Oct 10 2007, 10:25 AM']Awwwww..... Doc did you get kicked off of bengals.com again??? :lol: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]
[img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/jamie_b_2006/docholiday3.jpg[/img]
Haha... I see JamieB already called your ass out![/quote]

Ah good times.

That was a great thread.

Enjoy everyone....

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=25914"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=25914[/url]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='566550' date='Oct 10 2007, 05:53 PM']Ah good times.

That was a great thread.

Enjoy everyone....

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=25914"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=25914[/url][/quote]
:blink:

How the hell did I miss that thread the first time around?

What a douche [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='oftt4' post='582724' date='Nov 1 2007, 07:46 AM']So...what do you guys see happening against Buffalo?[/quote]
Jesus man, I don't know. Hopefully not more of the same. We always have a hard time with them for some reason, and we are only playing with an offense (Marvin gave the defense the season off to heal), and even that unit isn't 100%.
I think we win this one actually, if for sheer desperation's sake than anything else.
Who you guys playing next week?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='582733' date='Nov 1 2007, 10:07 AM']Jesus man, I don't know. Hopefully not more of the same. We always have a hard time with them for some reason, and we are only playing with an offense (Marvin gave the defense the season off to heal), and even that unit isn't 100%.
I think we win this one actually, if for sheer desperation's sake than anything else.
Who you guys playing next week?[/quote]

Baltimore in pissburgh.

On paper we should beat up on them....but it seems like every game we should win handily this year, we end up losing.

I dont know what to expect.

At first glance I would think this is an easy win for you guys...but I didnt know that they had your number like that (8 straight? wow). I still think you'll pull it out...if you can stop their run game.

[quote name='oftt4' post='582735' date='Nov 1 2007, 08:10 AM']Baltimore in pissburgh.

On paper we should beat up on them....but it seems like every game we should win handily this year, we end up losing.

I dont know what to expect.[/quote]
It must feel strange to have the Cleveland Browns nipping at your heels for a change!

[quote name='Bunghole' post='582738' date='Nov 1 2007, 10:12 AM']It must feel strange to have the Cleveland Browns nipping at your heels for a change![/quote]

Youre not kidding. It's been a looooong time since Cleveland even sniffed 2nd place this late in the season.

I am still worried about Baltimore. If we piss away the game monday, then we are all of a sudden in 2nd place.

Archived