A Day we will Never Forget !

BlackJesus

[quote name='steggyD' post='545251' date='Sep 11 2007, 07:02 PM']And New Yorkers make fun of Kentuckians? :mellow:[/quote]

yes.

[img]http://www.womensfunnyvideos.com/funny-pictures/hillbillyOveralls.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.lambcity.com/images/LCC%20Hillbilly%20weekend%202004/hillbilly11.jpg[/img]

but your right, im sure kije ramsey knows EXACTLY what and when and who of 9-11. if it werent for the year and date on billboards i would forgot the year easily. im sure 20% of americans have no idea what month date or year it was in on the spot on the street.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='545283' date='Sep 11 2007, 05:47 PM']yes.

[img]http://www.womensfunnyvideos.com/funny-pictures/hillbillyOveralls.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.lambcity.com/images/LCC%20Hillbilly%20weekend%202004/hillbilly11.jpg[/img]

but your right, im sure kije ramsey knows EXACTLY what and when and who of 9-11. if it werent for the year and date on billboards i would forgot the year easily. im sure 20% of americans have no idea what month date or year it was in on the spot on the street.[/quote]
yeah, and Kije Ramsey is EXACTLY like EVERYONE from Kentucky...
Gimme a break...

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='545324' date='Sep 11 2007, 06:15 PM']not everyone, just about 80%[/quote]
:angry:
:lol:
I don't even know why I bother defending that state. I'm not from there, I'm from the DC area (more or less), but I did live there for 9 years and went to school there, and I root for the UK wildcats...
But the stereotyping is unreal. Go would have you believe that there are NO rednecks, hillbillies or mullet-wearers ANYWHERE but in KY, which, in my many travels, I KNOW is NOT true.
KY is a fine state, there's really nothing wrong with it.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='545334' date='Sep 11 2007, 08:27 PM']:angry:
I don't even know why I bother defending that state. I'm not from there, I'm from the DC area (more or less), but I did live there for 9 years and went to school there, and I root for the UK wildcats...
But the stereotyping is unreal. Go would have you believe that there are NO rednecks, hillbillies or mullet-wearers ANYWHERE but in KY, which, in my many travels, I KNOW is NOT true.
KY is a fine state, there's really nothing wrong with it.[/quote]

I lived there for most of my elementry and middle school years, i know its not everyone, but outside of the larger areas, and even creeping into the larger areas it damn sure is. And no its not the only state like this, west virginia is just as bad, as is most of PA.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='545334' date='Sep 11 2007, 08:27 PM']:angry:
KY is a fine state, there's really nothing wrong with it.[/quote]

I lived there for most of my elementry and middle school years (which explains my spelling issues, you know that the early years are important to the "rightan"), i know its not everyone, but outside of the larger areas, and even creeping into the larger areas it damn sure is. And no its not the only state like this, west virginia is just as bad, as is most of PA.

Did you just double post, Mr Administrator?
And while I agree that there are SOME rednecks in the very rural areas, there are rednecks in EVERY rural area in America and everywhere else in the world.
Go seems to just hate Cincinnati, Kentucky, etc a bit too much, and for stereotypical reasons.
It's not like he doesn't live the reasonably comfortable life of the average American.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='545342' date='Sep 11 2007, 08:39 PM'][color="#FF0000"]Did you just double post, Mr Administrator?[/color]
And while I agree that there are SOME rednecks in the very rural areas, there are rednecks in EVERY rural area in America and everywhere else in the world.
Go seems to just hate Cincinnati, Kentucky, etc a bit too much, and for stereotypical reasons.
It's not like he doesn't live the reasonably comfortable life of the average American.[/quote]

damn ky flashback, even talking about it i get dumber :whistle:

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='545530' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:38 PM']Its a proven fact the coasts are smarter![/quote]
I've never judged the intelligence of a coast ... but the people living on one can't even decipher 9/11 as September 11?

C'mon!

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='545552' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:55 PM']I just use voting charts as evidence thats all..... :D[/quote]

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='545560' date='Sep 12 2007, 12:02 AM']That really doesn't effect my opinion. That has nothing to do with being smart, it has to do with living in a bubble and not paying attention to what the hell is going on around you. If you ask people across the country who the vice president is, or other various things you would find the same thing.[/quote]
So when they vote they're smart and plugged in. But, regarding current events, and significant events in our history, they're living in a bubble...

Okay...

Can't have it both ways.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='545702' date='Sep 12 2007, 09:29 AM']So when they vote they're smart and plugged in. But, regarding current events, and significant events in our history, they're living in a bubble...

Okay...

Can't have it both ways.[/quote]

If you caught onto the joke....I was making a biased comment based on which party I vote for and voting trends. As far as seeing a handfull of people on TV not know something they should know does not make me think that all of the people in that area are the same way. Tourists maybe? Not everyone walking around in the City lives there or even lives in the area. Thirdly, smarts has nothing to do with voting either....look at our current President. I only tend to think the coasts are a little more intelligent because they did not vote for a man with mashed potatoes for brains.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='545866' date='Sep 12 2007, 01:20 PM']If you caught onto the joke....I was making a biased comment based on which party I vote for and voting trends. As far as seeing a handfull of people on TV not know something they should know does not make me think that all of the people in that area are the same way. Tourists maybe? Not everyone walking around in the City lives there or even lives in the area. Thirdly, smarts has nothing to do with voting either....look at our current President. I only tend to think the coasts are a little more intelligent because they did not vote for a man with mashed potatoes for brains.[/quote]
okey-dokey then.

I was just bustin your balls... errr boobs. But, of all the states that are considered coastal only 1/2, or less without going to a 2004 election map, went blue. So as not to turn this into a J&D forum posting I'll leave it there.

If you specifically meant new england / northeastern area then I follow. Those folks feel like they can do no wrong anyway...

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='545866' date='Sep 12 2007, 01:20 PM']If you caught onto the joke....I was making a biased comment based on which party I vote for and voting trends. As far as seeing a handfull of people on TV not know something they should know does not make me think that all of the people in that area are the same way. Tourists maybe? Not everyone walking around in the City lives there or even lives in the area. [b]Thirdly, smarts has nothing to do with voting either[/b]....look at our current President. I only tend to think the coasts are a little more intelligent because they did not vote for a man with mashed potatoes for brains.[/quote]

Not so fast...

[url="http://chrisevans3d.com/files/iq.htm"]http://chrisevans3d.com/files/iq.htm[/url]

Archived