[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='549773' date='Sep 16 2007, 04:54 PM']I might as well just post my thoughts on one single thread instead of in every single thread...
This whole giving up on the team thing, saying we will suck all year, etc is all comical to me.

Yes we just lost to the Browns who are a divisional rival and all that ...
BUT
It's the 2nd week of the year
Our D played lights out last week, and shitty this week... which is the real D?
Our offense showed we can stay in anygame that our D allows us to be in
It's just pathetic how all of these "diehard" fans are saying we won't make the playoffs after we are 1-1, we'll go 1-4, give up on the team in the 3rd quarter, etc...

I mean aren't most of the people on here like 25 - 30? Surely you are all emotionally stable enough to realize we still have 14 more games this year. The Browns had been ripped in the media all week, Romeo was basically told win or get fired and they were at home... Obviously they were playing for a little more than us
The season is not lost... its the 2nd game of the year. And if you asked most "experts" we should / expected to be 1 - 1 at this point anyways...[/quote]

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammn. I didn't expect to come back to the site to see you being the voice of reason.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]:applaud:[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]:applaud:[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='549919' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:22 PM']lol I guess London Fletcher and Nate Clements have done nothing......regardless there were many middle of the road vets out there that could have at least helped....our breakdowns are fundamental and stupid....we need smarter players...not just physical talent.[/quote]

So... like I've asked at least three times today, which ONE of those guys would've stopped this today?

NONE OF THEM.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='549919' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:22 PM']lol I guess London Fletcher and Nate Clements have done nothing......regardless there were many middle of the road vets out there that could have at least helped....our breakdowns are fundamental and stupid....we need smarter players...not just physical talent.[/quote]

How old is Fletcher? He was snatched up by the skins real quick, why do you assume that he would want to come here? Give me a break. Clements? Did he just sign the largest contract for a DB in NFL History?

Maybee you should call up the treasurary, if I had known we could just print off money to fix this stuff I'd have done it years ago.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='549930' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:25 PM']So... like I've asked at least three times today, which ONE of those guys would've stopped this today?

NONE OF THEM.[/quote]

Yeah, because Clevelands offense has been so unstoppable over the last few years and so far this year.... :rolleyes:

I can only imagine what it would have been like seeing Adalius Thomas come off the end and at least breath on Derrick Anderson a few times....

I had a feeling this was going to happen because I never bought into the hype that started to build after last week's defensive performance...I knew our D wasn't all it was made out to be. Yeah turnovers are great but when I heard shit like "bengals out physicaled the ravens" I just had to laugh. That game should've gone into OT. We were LUCKY to have walked away from that game with a W.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='549933' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:26 PM']Yeah, because Clevelands offense has been so unstoppable over the last few years and so far this year.... :rolleyes:
I can only imagine what it would have been like seeing Adalius Thomas come off the end and at least breath on Derrick Anderson a few times....[/quote]

11 players play defence, if even ONE was playing lights out you still have 10 others sucking, this isnt basketball where one great player makes the others around him better, it doesnt work that way you need AT LEAST a few and nobody out there today was playing good ball

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='549932' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:26 PM']How old is Fletcher? He was snatched up by the skins real quick, why do you assume that he would want to come here? Give me a break. Clements? Did he just sign the largest contract for a DB in NFL History?
Maybee you should call up the treasurary, if I had known we could just print off money to fix this stuff I'd have done it years ago.[/quote]

So what is your answer??? Sit on our hands..AGAIN!!!!

Almost EVERY other team in the league finds creative ways to sign players even when they are close to the cap, and every year we are standing here asking...wtf how did they do it? Maybe it's just as simple as they have a more intelligent and creative front office then us....

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='549933' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:26 PM']Yeah, because Clevelands offense has been so unstoppable over the last few years and so far this year.... :rolleyes:
I can only imagine what it would have been like seeing Adalius Thomas come off the end and at least breath on Derrick Anderson a few times....[/quote]

Yeah...maybe he would've breathed on him, but he has to play with the D coordinators scheme... so what would've been different?

Not a damn thing.

TJ, I understand your frustration and the venting... but be realisitic, none of the availble FA's this past offseason would've made a difference today. You'd all be bitching about how we wasted money on a big FA and he didn't/won't make a difference until we get a REAL NFL caliber D coordinator..

I blame this crapfest of a defense squarely on the defensive soft as a pillow scheme. Why in the fuck we weren't nearly as aggressive this week as we were last week, I'll never know. None of the upper tier free agents from this past offseason would have made today any better. Chuck sucks.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='549946' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:31 PM']So what is your answer??? Sit on our hands..AGAIN!!!!

Almost EVERY other team in the league finds creative ways to sign players even when they are close to the cap, and every year we are standing here asking...wtf how did they do it? Maybe it's just as simple as they have a more intelligent and creative front office then us....[/quote]

Ok but you cant have the top payed player at every postiton.

Top payed FB
Top payed QB
Close to top payed WR, both Ts,
a highly payed DT (JT)

ect.. ect...

sorry but you just cant pay everyone top dollar, no matter how creative you get

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='549949' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:32 PM']Yeah...maybe he would've breathed on him, but he has to play with the D coordinators scheme... so what would've been different?

Not a damn thing.

TJ, I understand your frustration and the venting... but be realisitic, none of the availble FA's this past offseason would've made a difference today. You'd all be bitching about how we wasted money on a big FA and he didn't/won't make a difference until we get a REAL NFL caliber D coordinator..[/quote]

I could not disagree more other than our D coordinators do suck as well....

Is Dexter Jackson our new Tory James scape goat coming across the field extremely late because a defender got 20 yards behind him?

Where was Madieu?

lol I guess Tedd Ginn Jr. isn't the only reciever that can run past Leon Hall...

Where was Robert Geathers??

lol and the list marches on and on...

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='549956' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:35 PM']Ok but you cant have the top payed player at every postiton.

Top payed FB
Top payed QB
Close to top payed WR, both Ts,
a highly payed DT (JT)

ect.. ect...

sorry but you just cant pay everyone top dollar, no matter how creative you get[/quote]

but you can at least try to do something....right? maybe? there is something there...come on.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='549952' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:34 PM']I blame this crapfest of a defense squarely on the defensive soft as a pillow scheme. Why in the fuck we weren't nearly as aggressive this week as we were last week, I'll never know. None of the upper tier free agents from this past offseason would have made today any better. Chuck sucks.[/quote]

bingo and as much as I love marvin he needs to take some blame for chuck.

Now Ill grant you that losing two top LBs (odell and pollack) and our 1st round CB this week (john joe) hurts, but damn what made him think chuck was at all good? He never had a D that was the reason the team won.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='549952' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:34 PM']I blame this crapfest of a defense squarely on the defensive soft as a pillow scheme. Why in the fuck we weren't nearly as aggressive this week as we were last week, I'll never know. None of the upper tier free agents from this past offseason would have made today any better. Chuck sucks.[/quote]

In Baltimore...we played to win....

In Cleveland we played not to give up the big play....but we did anyways

which way works better?? You make the call!

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='549963' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:37 PM']but you can at least try to do something....right? maybe? there is something there...come on.[/quote]

what? what is there?

look im as pissed off as you are, but i dont get how people think we can spend money that doesnt exist

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='549979' date='Sep 16 2007, 05:41 PM'][b]but isn't that what we've been saying for....i don't know now.... 4 years ?[/b][/quote]

and yet, its true. The tackling sucked (Hall and Marshall come to mind) and the d-line got absolutely owned. I don't know that any scheme would have fixed that.

Archived