NEW GROUP ON GB.COM?

102 members have voted

1. 1. should the sandy vaginas be on display in pink?

• yes - crybabies girly bitches
    • no - girlie girl fans are fans too.

[quote name='SF2' post='583595' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:07 PM']I am not making it a race issue all of you Chad bashers are. At the beginning of the season you all loved him. Now everyone is calling him an asshole, selfish, greedy, whiner etc.. All I know is the guy has been here for a long time and has worn his heart on his sleeve. Now, as things go bad, you are throwing him overboard.

As far as Palmer is concerned lets put things in perspective:

He was a highly touted #1 pick and Heisman trophy winner.

Fact is the Bengals have had one good season and some mediocre seasons since he has been here. His fault? No, I never said it was.

But the fact that he continues to get an absolute pass is amazing. I haven't even read anywhere that he needs to step it up. Nope, just Chad needs to play better, shut up and somehow shed 3 defensive backs

I look at Eli Manning who doesn't have nearly the offensive weapons Palmer does but is managing to pull rabbits out of his hat even after the New York press trashed him relentlessly. Did they trash Plexico Burress. No.

Fredtoast did nothing of the sort. We are 2-8 our last 10 games. Palmer has done nothing heroic or memorable in the last 10 games that would prove he is a GREAT QB. Very good, yes. Great, not there yet.[/quote]

You were just bashing on Carson because people bash on Chad ?
And you don`t think anyone ever says anything bad about Carson ?

Check the date of this post . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' post='562090' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:34 AM'][b]Carson Palmer the last 3 games of '06:[/b]

He completed 50% of his passes against the Colts, 52.5% against the Broncos, and 52.6% against the Stealers.
He threw 6 TD`s and 5 INTs the month of December. He also had 5 fumbles.
He had an average completion percentage of 56% for the month of December.
He had QB ratings of 69.9 against the Colts, 63.4 against the Broncos, and 91.0 against the Stealers.
He had a QB rating of 77.1 for the month of December.

[b]Carson Palmer in his last 2 games of '07:[/b]

He completed 62.8% of his passes against the Seahawks, threw 1 TD and 2 INT`s.
And had a QB rating of 75.9

He completed 60% of his passes against the Patriots, threw 1 TD and 2 INT`s.
And had a QB rating of 65.7

In 5 of the Bengals last 7 games, Palmer has thrown a total of 8 TD`s and 9 INT`s.
The Bengals have a 1-6 record in that span.

[b]In Carson last 4 games against the other "Elite QB`s":[/b]

2004 against the Pats, Carson complteted 75% of his passes,
threw for 202 yards, 2 TD`s, 1 INT and had a QB rating of 110.1
before he was knocked out of the game.

2005 against the Colts, Carson completed 65.8% of his passes,
threw for 335 yards, 2 TD`s, 1 INT and had a QB rating of 100.2.

2006 against the Pats, Carson completed 57.1% of his passes,
threw for 245 yards, 0 TD`s, 0 INT`s, had 2 fumbles and had
a QB rating of 78.9.

2006 against the Colts, Carson completed 50% of his passes,
threw for 176 yards, 0 TD`s, 0 INT`s, had 4 fumbles (lost 1)
and had a QB rating of 69.9.

2007 against the Patriots, Carson completed 60% of his passes,
threw for 234 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT`s and a QB rating of 65.7.

So in his 5 games against the other "Elite" QB`s,
Carson has thrown 5 TD`s and 4 INT`s.

And he has thrown 1 TD and 2 INT`s in the last 3 games against the other
"Elite QB`s".[/quote]

Oh I forgot. I`m a "Homer". "Homer`s never make posts like that.
Ooooppppsss.

[quote name='SF2' post='583567' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:50 PM']I am not defending Chad, I am pointing out that he gets all the blame and criticism and Carson is still the golden boy after 5 years and little to show for it except some very nice stats.
Maybe if Palmer would actually show some emotion and act like he gave a damn I wouldn't be posting any of this but he has not. As bad as Kitna was, at least I knew he gave a damn.[/quote]
I'm sure the Bengals would be in a much better position if they had something that resembled an adequate defense over the term of Palmers career so far.
Do you seriously think this team is struggling because of Carson Palmer and the offense?!?

I think everyone needs to just rerlax about the whole Chad/Carson argument on the sideline.. It's just some BS the media is drumming up to add "drama" to their NFL coverage. Just ask Chris Collinsworth who was on Rome the other day.

Basically he said he's glad there weren't the cameras around when he played like it is now becuase he probably would have been drummed out of the league since he was in "heated discussions" with his QB after "practically every play" (I'm sure this is an exaggeration)... He basically said that it's silly to make something out of it when you don't know what was being said.

I have to concur.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='583574' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:55 PM']actually, I've said nothing of the sort. Carson has had some very good games against Baltimore, Pissburgh, and other very good defenses.

You're trying to make a case that Carson playing well is soley dependent on how many points the offense scores, and thats just silly. Why do you leave out that they put 28 up on pissburgh last year, 38 the year before? and while they only score 13 in the Baltimore game, they still won. You act as if they go up against a great defense, that even if carson doesn't light up the scoreboard, that he can't play against great defenses.

Those same defenses even make Peyton Manning and Tom Brady look silly pretty often if you haven't noticed.[/quote]

The Pissburgh game was over a year ago. What has that got to do with this year?

The offense scored 20 points against Baltimore but come on, Baltiwhore had 6 turnovers. Baltinmore almost tied but got hosed on bad call. The offense should have put the game out of reach by the 5th turnover I think.

Yeah, pretty much think that to be a good offense you need to put up points against good defenses. I am strange that way.

The playcalling has not been kind to Carson, but again the hatred shown toward Chad while the rest of the offense escapes criticism is curious.

i guess this is what happens when ur 2-5...the defense is obviously holding this team back but some ppl decide to dig deeper. There must be another reason for such shitiness. Some ppl read between the lines and they shake their magic 8 ball and see the words "carson sucks". im glad someone finally opened my eyes. its not the defense holding us back. its carson. if we had someone like rex grossman at qb, we would easily by 7-0.

**extremem sarcasm**

[quote name='Lucid' post='583639' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:22 PM']I think everyone needs to just rerlax about the whole Chad/Carson argument on the sideline..[b] It's just some BS the media is drumming up to add "drama" to their NFL coverage.[/b] Just ask Chris Collinsworth who was on Rome the other day.[/quote]

sadly its not, chad got worse behind closed doors. whether its a continued problem is another question, but the media was nearly spot on with that series of events.. from what im told..

[quote name='SF2' post='583595' date='Nov 2 2007, 05:07 PM']I look at Eli Manning who doesn't have nearly the offensive weapons Palmer does but is managing to pull rabbits out of his hat even after the New York press trashed him relentlessly. Did they trash Plexico Burress. No.[/quote]

Eli is the single worst QB I've ever seen. Utterly, entirely, completely useless. He reads the field like Ray Charles and has the arm strength of a little girl with muscular atrophy.

[quote name='Lucid' post='583607' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:13 PM']Of course not Patmo!

You've been a solid poster for years.. I'm sure if you think about it, you know the people Go is referring to. Like he keeps saying, it has nothing to do with being upset, or making unpleasant observations... It's about being a crabby asshole 24x7 and living off pissing in other peoples wheaties.[/quote]

Yes,Lucid,I have noticed it.It's a royal pain in the ass watching some of these guys waste our time posting but it's a free site.Past experience shows that over a short period of time,they burn out leaving us time to post legit stuff on the Bengals.

[quote name='Lucid' post='583639' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:22 PM']I think everyone needs to just rerlax about the whole Chad/Carson argument on the sideline.. It's just some BS the media is drumming up to add "drama" to their NFL coverage. Just ask Chris Collinsworth who was on Rome the other day.

Basically he said he's glad there weren't the cameras around when he played like it is now becuase he probably would have been drummed out of the league since he was in "heated discussions" with his QB after "practically every play" (I'm sure this is an exaggeration)... He basically said that it's silly to make something out of it when you don't know what was being said.

I have to concur.[/quote]

I completely agree but the fact is that it wasn't a heated discussion. Carson just sat there and took it. I would have been so much happier if Palmer at 6'5" would have gotten in Chad's grill and told him to shut the f up. He didn't. Just sat there like a red headed step child. Chad owned him.

[quote name='SF2' post='583651' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:28 PM']I completely agree but the fact is that it wasn't a heated discussion. Carson just sat there and took it. I would have been so much happier if Palmer at 6'5" would have gotten in Chad's grill and told him to shut the f up. He didn't. Just sat there like a red headed step child. Chad owned him.[/quote]

:o

Are you serious? Palmer handled that the best way he could. With professionalism. If he got back in Chads face (at least on Camera) it could have gotten much much uglier.

[quote name='SF2' post='583651' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:28 PM']I completely agree but the fact is that it wasn't a heated discussion. Carson just sat there and took it. I would have been so much happier if Palmer at 6'5" would have gotten in Chad's grill and told him to shut the f up. He didn't. Just sat there like a red headed step child. Chad owned him.[/quote]
Carson started the yelling after the INT.

Do you watch the Bengals or just bitch about them?

[quote name='MrOrange1219' post='583654' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:31 PM']Carson started the yelling after the INT.

Do you watch the Bengals or just bitch about them?[/quote]

I think he means standing up and getting in Chads face, moreso than just yelling back at him. (ie: Handling Chad like Madieu did this preseaon)

[quote name='VonBlade' post='583648' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:27 PM']Eli is the single worst QB I've ever seen. Utterly, entirely, completely useless. He reads the field like Ray Charles and has the arm strength of a little girl with muscular atrophy.[/quote]

Eli is nowhere as bad are REXy and Chad Pennington. He isn't very good but the Giants are 6-2.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='583655' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:31 PM']I think he means standing up and getting in Chads face, moreso than just yelling back at him. (ie: Handling Chad like Madieu did this preseaon)[/quote]
Chad probably told Carson he was wrong and a dumbass for yelling at him when it was Chad's mistake.
When that sort of thing happens, a lot of people clam up and ignore the situation for a bit. It looks like Carson was doing that to Chad when he kept yelling. I do it when I'm in trouble with my wife and she hates it...

It might not get anything accomplished then, but it's a way to get to the "cooling off" period quicker where you can start to talk rather than yell...

[quote name='SF2' post='583657' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:33 PM']Eli is nowhere as bad are REXy and Chad Pennington. He isn't very good but the Giants are 6-2.[/quote]

Yeah but that has to do more with their D stepping up their game, as when things were bad there for a second their D wasnt doing too well.

[quote name='SF2' post='583642' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:24 PM']The Pissburgh game was over a year ago. What has that got to do with this year?

The offense scored 20 points against Baltimore but come on, Baltiwhore had 6 turnovers. Baltinmore almost tied but got hosed on bad call. The offense should have put the game out of reach by the 5th turnover I think.

Yeah, pretty much think that to be a good offense you need to put up points against good defenses. I am strange that way.

The playcalling has not been kind to Carson, but again the hatred shown toward Chad while the rest of the offense escapes criticism is curious.[/quote]

why avoid the rest of my post? Those same defenses make Peyton and Brady look silly. Carson plays better against the Ravens and Steelers than they do.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='583653' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:30 PM']:o

Are you serious? Palmer handled that the best way he could. With professionalism. If he got back in Chads face (at least on Camera) it could have gotten much much uglier.[/quote]

Do you really think the other players in the league buy that? LMAO. No self respecting QB would have ever sat their for 5 minutes like a door mat. The fact that Chad's teammates and coach's didn't step in is another curious aspect of that incident.

BTW, do you think Boomer would have EVERY let Collingsworth or McGee do that. Hell no.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='583646' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:25 PM']sadly its not, chad got worse behind closed doors. whether its a continued problem is another question, but the media was nearly spot on with that series of events.. from what im told..[/quote]

This may be true. But lets be real here. Very few if any of the people reporting it knew that at all. They had the "Meshawn" video and ran with it.

I don't know if that is true, and neither do you.. Just because Carson wasn't displaying some hystrionics in those moments captured by the cameras doesn't mean he sat and "took it like a bitch".

[quote name='SF2' post='583664' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:36 PM']Do you really think the other players in the league buy that? LMAO. No self respecting QB would have ever sat their for 5 minutes like a door mat. The fact that Chad's teammates and coach's didn't step in is another curious aspect of that incident.

BTW, do you think Boomer would have EVERY let Collingsworth or McGee do that. Hell no.[/quote]

I agree that others, particularly Willie (who just stood there) should have stepped in. But you act as if Carson wasn't firing back. Just because he wasn't up in Chad's face, Carson was doing just as much talking.

[quote name='SF2' post='583664' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:36 PM']Do you really think the other players in the league buy that? LMAO. No self respecting QB would have ever sat their for 5 minutes like a door mat. The fact that Chad's teammates and coach's didn't step in is another curious aspect of that incident.

BTW, do you think Boomer would have EVERY let Collingsworth or McGee do that. Hell no.[/quote]

Did McNabb get back in TO's face? No. Thus by your opinion, he is not a self respecting QB? Please.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='583648' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:27 PM']Eli is the single worst QB I've ever seen. Utterly, entirely, completely useless. He reads the field like Ray Charles and has the arm strength of a little girl with muscular atrophy.[/quote]

I don't think Eli's great by any means, but he's more than adequate.

[b]BTW, do you think Boomer would have EVERY let Collingsworth[/b] or McGee do that. Hell no.[/quote]

According to Chris Collinsworth he did. I heard him say it just the other day.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='583669' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:42 PM']Did McNabb get back in TO's face? No. Thus by your opinion, he is not a self respecting QB? Please.[/quote]

actually a lot of people seem to think McNabb lost the team by being too retiring with TO. Don't know if it's true but that seems to be the dominant view of Eagles fans (I read their boards sometimes since they drafted Kolb)

Archived