NEW GROUP ON GB.COM?

102 members have voted

1. 1. should the sandy vaginas be on display in pink?

• yes - crybabies girly bitches
    • no - girlie girl fans are fans too.

[quote name='bengals8580' post='583540' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:23 PM']If youre starting a team, would u rather have chad or carson? Cause u make it seem like chad is the almighty and carson blows. We'd be better off without carson. Back chad up cause he is fun and talks shit.[/quote]

Bullshit. You always take the best QB possible to start a team from scratch. Yes, I would take Carson over Chad. NO BRAINER. I haven't said anything positive or negative about Chad in this thread.

My point is that while Chad Johnson, one of the few bright spots this decade, a player who was here during the 2-14 season, is being vilified relentlessly for this less than stellar season, Palmer is getting a pass.

Furthermore, now people are accusing Chad of being an asshole, greedy, mouth etc... Well, damn I wish Palmer would fucking step up and act like he gave a damn instead of saying nothing.

The fact that Chad chewed Palmers ear off for 5 straight minutes on national television while Carson sat there tells me volumes. Was Chad out of line?? Hell yes. Was Palmer his spinelsss biatch? Obvioulsly. You think any of the top rated QBs in the league would sit there for 5 minutes and let a fudking wide receiver humiliate him on national TV.

NO WAY. Just a pretty boy from California.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='583549' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:33 PM'][img]http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/b/b7/350px-Tim_the_Enchanter.PNG[/img]

[size=4]What is the average air velocity of an unlaiden swallow?[/size][/quote]
Wrong character Jamie... that's Tim!

[img]http://www.mambokings.org/Bridgekeeper1.jpg[/img]

[size=4][b]What's the airspeed velocity of an unlaiden southbound swallow?[/b][/size]

Who do you take Carson vs Chad is kinda a dumb topic, because countless QBs who didnt have a good WR (and line) have been ruined and countless WRs who didnt have someone good to throw to them have been ruined as well.

It's all about the combo, imo.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='583554' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:38 PM']Wrong character Jamie... that's Tim!

[img]http://www.mambokings.org/Bridgekeeper1.jpg[/img]

[size=4][b]What's the airspeed velocity of an unlaiden southbound swallow?[/b][/size][/quote]

African or European?

(been awhile I may have to watch that again tonight now)

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='583548' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:33 PM']wow you're a fucking moron. You act like the Baltimore D sucks. and what does the Baltimore offense have to do with Carson?

What does the Bronco's offense have to do with Carson? He led the team down for the tying score, and special teams choked. Chad also had a crucial fumble in that game.

pissburgh's defense is no slouch. Not sure why you can't see that.[/quote]

So you are saying dhe oesn't play very well against good to great defenses. Kinda like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

What does the Bronco's offense have to do with it? Well, when the opposing team's offense SUCKS, you get the ball back more in better field position. I know, difficult concept to understand but if you watch a few games this weekend, you might see how that works.

So you admit the Bengals offense, led by Carson Palmer at QB, doesn't do very well against teams with good defenses. Thank you for proving my point.

[quote name='bengals8580' post='583538' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:20 PM']Whens the last time chad stepped up in a big game? Dont go bashing carson when the guy ur defending hasnt scored on the steelers in forever(it might even be never, i forget). Carson fucks up, he'll take the blame. Chad fucks up, not his fault. Im not saying I want him traded or he sucks or anything like that. Im sayin, im tired of his act. Shut the fuck up and play football. The act was fun and all when we were trying to get an identity. Everyone knows hes good, he doesnt have to tell me how good he is, 100 times a day.[/quote]

I am not defending Chad, I am pointing out that he gets all the blame and criticism and Carson is still the golden boy after 5 years and little to show for it except some very nice stats.
Maybe if Palmer would actually show some emotion and act like he gave a damn I wouldn't be posting any of this but he has not. As bad as Kitna was, at least I knew he gave a damn.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='583514' date='Nov 2 2007, 11:56 AM']I agree with almost all of your opinions, but the chad thing I just dont get.[/quote]

i am yet to meet anyone from within the team or a player, or anyone who has met, and never seen personally, chad be anything but a dick, to everyone but a select few teammates. from his contract negotiations, even his first one, before rosenhaus, he bitched a STORM, both played it off like the owners were great for getting him a deal without asking, yadda yadda, he is like willie and does his dirty work through his agent to the owners to keep the public opinion status quo. his second deal wasnt talked about public either, he was big dickhead in that one too, got his money and went on. he is on the verge of another one, as his cap value drops just now losing the ORIGINAL deals bonus hits, he will be on the prowl again, with some trade me or pay me bullshit. he cant even shut the fuck up without making a scene. its old.

sadly, his play is TYPICALLY worth the hassle. but the continued inconsistancy is troubling, he has had a great year and been more consistant, the steelers are a top D in the league so are the pats, which are his worst games, so if he continues his play, they will likely have to pay him again. i can promise you, he will never come within 2 years of a finished contract without his hand out. if the public got a glimpse of the way he acts in the lockerroom and on the field towards teammates, he would have a worse perception than TO and MOSS combined in previous years.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='583517' date='Nov 2 2007, 11:59 AM'][color="#FF00FF"][b]I say no. That is all.[/b][/color][/quote]

figures... :mellow:

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='583519' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:01 PM']wow, I agree.

But your post...its kinda negative. What shade of pink do you prefer? :lol:[/quote]

ha...

[quote name='Lucid' post='583522' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:04 PM']For about the 96th time.. It'snot about making negative comments. It's about doing nothing but bitching 24x7[/quote]
yea, what he said.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='583528' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:13 PM']You can do a search if you want. My posts are mostly analysis (which may be interpreted as negative because HELLO?!?! THIS TEAM IS A MESS), usually with some positive comment thrown in at the end. That is "bitching", I guess... :rolleyes:

This is a Bengals message board. Not a New England Patriots or New York Yankees message board.

Love the Bengals or not, they lose more than they win. The positives are few and far between this season. I'm sure its a lovefest over at the Red Sox bulletin boards. ;)

Winning will do that.[/quote]

dont think he was refering to you in his comment, could be wrong.

[quote name='SF2' post='583537' date='Nov 2 2007, 11:20 AM']We scored 13 frikking points. Furthermore Baltimore's offense was putrid last year. How many possessions did it take to score 13 points? Not impressed.[/quote]

Ummm we won. And I don`t see how Baltimore`s Offense
has anything to do with Carson.

[quote]I was at the Chargers game. Offense was HORRIBLE in the 2nd half. HORRIBLE. Biggest Choke I have ever seen. I honestly think this is the game that destroyed our confidence on offense.[/quote]

Wha ?

The Bengals scored 13 points in the 2nd Half.
13 points plus 13 points = 26 points per game.
Averaging 13 points a Half, or 26 points a game
would have been a top 5 scoring Offense last season.

And the Chargers game was before the Saints game,
which you said was "Great". So that doesn`t make sense either.

[quote]That was well over a year ago. Keep in mind we are 2-8 over our last 10 games.[/quote]

And how`s that all Carson`s fault ?

[quote]The Broncos were playing horribly after canning Jake Plummer at 7-4 for rookie Jay Cutler. We lost to a team with a rookie QB making his 4th start.[/quote]

Again, I don`t see that as an indictment on Carson.

[quote]We scored 17 points against a then 7-8 team at home with our playoff future on the line. We lost. 17 points is weak.[/quote]

Oh, you mean that 7-8 team that was playing for their Head Coach who
was retiring after the game, and who also had a top 10 Defense ?
Yeah how dare Carson drive us down into FG range only to have it missed
and the Defense fail to tackle on a slant play to lose it.

[quote]People who want to gloss over what really happened in games should have the Sheople designation.[/quote]

Who is glossing over anything ? It was unacceptable.
The way last season went and ecspecially ended.

But in the past 2 seasons, only two QB`s have thrown more TD passes than Carson.
TWo. And that`s only because Tom Brady is playing out of his skin this season.
Peyton Manning has thrown 44 TD passes the past 2 seasons. Carson has thrown 42.

[quote name='SF2' post='583563' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:44 PM']So you are saying dhe oesn't play very well against good to great defenses. Kinda like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

What does the Bronco's offense have to do with it? Well, when the opposing team's offense SUCKS, you get the ball back more in better field position. I know, difficult concept to understand but if you watch a few games this weekend, you might see how that works.

So you admit the Bengals offense, led by Carson Palmer at QB, doesn't do very well against teams with good defenses. Thank you for proving my point.[/quote]

actually, I've said nothing of the sort. Carson has had some very good games against Baltimore, Pissburgh, and other very good defenses.

You're trying to make a case that Carson playing well is soley dependent on how many points the offense scores, and thats just silly. Why do you leave out that they put 28 up on pissburgh last year, 38 the year before? and while they only score 13 in the Baltimore game, they still won. You act as if they go up against a great defense, that even if carson doesn't light up the scoreboard, that he can't play against great defenses.

Those same defenses even make Peyton Manning and Tom Brady look silly pretty often if you haven't noticed.

Who makes the "cry baby-girlie man" decision ? Smells like censorship to me.

Recently,just before the trade deadline,I posted a "fire 'em" thread.Does that make me a cry baby or girlie man ? At the time,I got jumped on by some posters here.In reality I wanted to unload guys for picks if possible for guys that won't be here next year.Among them were Deltha,Rudi,Jason,Levi and Adams.I still feel that trades for picks could help us rebuild a lousy defense.

[quote name='Patmo' post='583577' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:57 PM']Who makes the "cry baby-girlie man" decision ? Smells like censorship to me.

Recently,just before the trade deadline,I posted a "fire 'em" thread.Does that make me a cry baby or girlie man ? At the time,I got jumped on by some posters here.In reality I wanted to unload guys for picks if possible for guys that won't be here next year.Among them were Deltha,Rudi,Jason,Levi and Adams.I still feel that trades for picks could help us rebuild a lousy defense.[/quote]

it would be me.

and its the 24/7 crowd, i truely enjoy many posters heres views and opinions, negative or not. however some are relentless in bashing the organization from top to bottom and others for not thinking the world is flat and the team is was and always will be 0-16.

its nothing too serious, i found some comedy in the idea and wanted to see how others felt as well.

[quote name='MrOrange1219' post='583498' date='Nov 2 2007, 11:47 AM']By your non-answer, I'll take that as "Yes, Mr Orange - I'm making this a race issue".
Sweet, I'm glad I know where you stand on the bridge between "trouble maker" and "decent conversationalist". Anytime you feel like jumping off that bridge, feel free. It'll clean up some of this mess you're trying to spew around.

As for Palmer's play in the last year or so, see above - fredtoast did a great job of showing you the "you're a fucking moron" door.[/quote]

I am not making it a race issue all of you Chad bashers are. At the beginning of the season you all loved him. Now everyone is calling him an asshole, selfish, greedy, whiner etc.. All I know is the guy has been here for a long time and has worn his heart on his sleeve. Now, as things go bad, you are throwing him overboard.

As far as Palmer is concerned lets put things in perspective:

He was a highly touted #1 pick and Heisman trophy winner.

Fact is the Bengals have had one good season and some mediocre seasons since he has been here. His fault? No, I never said it was.

But the fact that he continues to get an absolute pass is amazing. I haven't even read anywhere that he needs to step it up. Nope, just Chad needs to play better, shut up and somehow shed 3 defensive backs

I look at Eli Manning who doesn't have nearly the offensive weapons Palmer does but is managing to pull rabbits out of his hat even after the New York press trashed him relentlessly. Did they trash Plexico Burress. No.

Fredtoast did nothing of the sort. We are 2-8 our last 10 games. Palmer has done nothing heroic or memorable in the last 10 games that would prove he is a GREAT QB. Very good, yes. Great, not there yet.

[quote name='SF2' post='583595' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:07 PM']I am not making it a race issue all of you Chad bashers are. At the beginning of the season you all loved him. Now everyone is calling him an asshole, selfish, greedy, whiner etc.. All I know is the guy has been here for a long time and has worn his heart on his sleeve. Now, as things go bad, you are throwing him overboard.

As far as Palmer is concerned lets put things in perspective:

He was a highly touted #1 pick and Heisman trophy winner.

Fact is the Bengals have had one good season and some mediocre seasons since he has been here. His fault? No, I never said it was.

But the fact that he continues to get an absolute pass is amazing. I haven't even read anywhere that he needs to step it up. Nope, just Chad needs to play better, shut up and somehow shed 3 defensive backs

I look at Eli Manning who doesn't have nearly the offensive weapons Palmer does but is managing to pull rabbits out of his hat even after the New York press trashed him relentlessly. Did they trash Plexico Burress. No.

Fredtoast did nothing of the sort. We are 2-8 our last 10 games. Palmer has done nothing heroic or memorable in the last 10 games that would prove he is a GREAT QB. Very good, yes. Great, not there yet.[/quote]

i didnt love him.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='583581' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:59 PM']it would be me.

and its the 24/7 crowd, i truely enjoy many posters heres views and opinions, negative or not. however some are relentless in bashing the organization from top to bottom and others for not thinking the world is flat and the team is was and always will be 0-16.

its nothing too serious, i found some comedy in the idea and wanted to see how others felt as well.[/quote]

Well,I did see the humor and voted to paint them pink.

[quote name='Patmo' post='583577' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:57 PM']Who makes the "cry baby-girlie man" decision ? Smells like censorship to me.

Recently,just before the trade deadline,I posted a "fire 'em" thread.Does that make me a cry baby or girlie man ? At the time,I got jumped on by some posters here.In reality I wanted to unload guys for picks if possible for guys that won't be here next year.Among them were Deltha,Rudi,Jason,Levi and Adams.I still feel that trades for picks could help us rebuild a lousy defense.[/quote]

Of course not Patmo!

You've been a solid poster for years.. I'm sure if you think about it, you know the people Go is referring to. Like he keeps saying, it has nothing to do with being upset, or making unpleasant observations... It's about being a crabby asshole 24x7 and living off pissing in other peoples wheaties.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='583581' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:59 PM'][color="#FF00FF"]it would be me.[/color]

its nothing too serious, i found some comedy in the idea and wanted to see how others felt as well.[/quote]

It will be a GO-ocracy.

[quote name='Lucid' post='583607' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:13 PM']Of course not Patmo!

You've been a solid poster for years.. I'm sure if you think about it, you know the people Go is referring to. Like he keeps saying, it has nothing to do with being upset, or making unpleasant observations... It's about being a crabby asshole 24x7 and living off pissing in other peoples wheaties.[/quote]

do they still make wheaties? thats gross if they do, wheaties are gross.

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='583611' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:13 PM']It will be a GO-ocracy.[/quote]

B)

[quote name='GoBengals' post='583568' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:50 PM']dont think he was refering to you in his comment, could be wrong.[/quote]

You would be correct...

[quote name='Lucid' post='583550' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:34 PM']Actually Ludwig.. you weren't one of the people that came to mind for me. You have seemed pretty negative, but I can't say I am really familiar enough with your postings to form a valid opinion.

But if you want to put on the shoes, I'm not going to stop you.[/quote]

[quote name='SF2' post='583595' date='Nov 2 2007, 01:07 PM']I am not making it a race issue all of you Chad bashers are.[/quote]
I'm not a Chad basher at all. I think Chad is good for the organization and the Bengals would be stupid for trading him (unless the elusive Hershel Walker trade comes along).
You don't have to like one and hate the other.

Personally, I think Carson does get a free pass because he's the QB. Even if it's Carson's fault for throwing the ball in the wrong place when Chad runs the correct route, I don't think anyone but the coaches should talk to Carson about it. You need your QB to be 100% confident in homself or the rest doesn't matter. This sentiment has been talked about on different NFL shows by the "talking heads" who were in the games, including Boomer and Collinsworth. Every football player needs to be confident in himself to play at a high level, but the QB is a more fragile and more important position - so yeah, he gets a free pass from me.

As for the race thing - you sure are making it a race issue. If you weren't, you wouldn't have mentioned anything about Chad being black. That brought nothing to the table besides the fact that you wanted it known that a black player was being blamed while a white player isn't.

[quote name='SF2' post='583567' date='Nov 2 2007, 12:50 PM']I am not defending Chad, I am pointing out that he gets all the blame and criticism and Carson is still the golden boy after 5 years and little to show for it except some very nice stats.
Maybe if Palmer would actually show some emotion and act like he gave a damn I wouldn't be posting any of this but he has not. As bad as Kitna was, at least I knew he gave a damn.[/quote]

Carson leads by example..He doesnt have to open his mouth to show that he cares. Chad bitching at carson is showing that he cares? I think chad bitching at carson is chad trying to save his own ass. Just cause u can yell and scream when the cameras r on doesnt mean ur a leader.

Archived