I Just Got the Rings of Death

I just got the three Red Rings of Death on my Xbox 360. Shit is fucking toasted. I am not too happy.

I will likely call Microsoft tomorrow. I love the system and xbox live (both when they work .... the xbox live is having troubles lately as well). How these issues are resolved will determine how I move forward in the future.

That sucks.

My first PS 3 took a dive 15 minutes after I plugged it in and ran the first update; cheesed the whole thing.

Sometimes you just get a bad seed. At least M$ has been standing behind the units that give the rings of death...

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='616758' date='Dec 31 2007, 08:09 PM']If all is handled well I will likely take the new system I get and either trade it in at E-B games towards a new Elite system or sell it on Ebay and do the same.[/quote]

Sucks to here. If I where you I would get the Elite.

[quote name='Elflocko' post='616757' date='Dec 31 2007, 08:00 PM']My first PS 3 took a dive 15 minutes after I plugged it in and ran the first update; cheesed the whole thing.[/quote]

I call bullshit. You can't cheese the whole thing downloading a system update. You either download it or you don't and start over. Not one time, on any PS3 board I've been on for over a year now have I seen a System Update, or anything for that matter, kill a PS3.

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='616903' date='Jan 1 2008, 11:26 AM']I call bullshit. You can't cheese the whole thing downloading a system update. You either download it or you don't and start over. Not one time, on any PS3 board I've been on for over a year now have I seen a System Update, or anything for that matter, kill a PS3.[/quote]

yes elflocko who isnt a MS fan (thus should prefer the PS3) has a history of being a liar

stop being a fanboy.

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='616906' date='Jan 1 2008, 11:30 AM']I just called bullshit on how he says it broke. System Updates don't kill Playstation 3's...that's just a fact. Sorry.[/quote]

perhaps his system got a bad copy of the original software that when updated fed up his system. this is entirely possible.

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='616903' date='Jan 1 2008, 11:26 AM']I call bullshit. You can't cheese the whole thing downloading a system update. You either download it or you don't and start over. Not one time, on any PS3 board I've been on for over a year now have I seen a System Update, or anything for that matter, kill a PS3.[/quote]

Considering that the System Updates make [b]changes to the operating system[/b] it most certainly can; it's tantamount to a kernel upgrade. The update downloaded (twas version 1.6 if I remember correctly) and began to install. It then [b]failed[/b] 3/4 of the way through the install. The PS3 stated that it could not complete the install with a long-ass error code and that it would reboot and try again. It got caught in this infinite loop and would do nothing else.

I called Sony. [b]They had me send them that one and gave me a new one.[/b]

Would you or would you not call that cheesed?

So, how 'bout you refrain from shooting your mouth off until you get a vague concept of the difference between a computer and a baked potato, you simpering little faggot?

Oh, and you obviously don't go to the actual PS3 Forums:

[url="http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=1493995&view=by_date_ascending&page=1"]http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...ding&page=1[/url]

Idiot...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='616918' date='Jan 1 2008, 11:54 AM']...So, how 'bout you refrain from shooting your mouth off until you get a vague concept of [b]the difference between a computer and a baked potato,[/b] you simpering little faggot?[/quote]

Not sure about that last little tidbit (although no one was calling bullshit on me, so what do I know), but the baked potato part made me laugh. :)

I guess it's a cost thing, but why the fuck wouldn't Sony or any console manufacturer put a ROM chip on the board that has an OS that knows how to do one thing...get the latest, greatest (or perhaps at the least, functional) OS from the Internet and load it?

[quote name='mongo' post='616972' date='Jan 1 2008, 02:58 PM']Not sure about that last little tidbit (although no one was calling bullshit on me, so what do I know), but the baked potato part made me laugh. :)[/quote]

Yeah, well, I don't cotton to being called a liar when hung over and prior to getting any coffee.

Especially by someone who is an obvious ignoramus and doesn't spend 3 minutes researching something before shooting their mouth (or keyboard as the case may be) off... <_<

[quote name='Elflocko' post='616922' date='Jan 1 2008, 12:10 PM']Oh, and you obviously don't go to the actual PS3 Forums:

[url="http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=1493995&view=by_date_ascending&page=1"]http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...ding&page=1[/url]

Idiot...[/quote]

pwnt

[quote name='Elflocko' post='616918' date='Jan 1 2008, 11:54 AM']Considering that the System Updates make [b]changes to the operating system[/b] it most certainly can; it's tantamount to a kernel upgrade. The update downloaded (twas version 1.6 if I remember correctly) and began to install. It then [b]failed[/b] 3/4 of the way through the install. The PS3 stated that it could not complete the install with a long-ass error code and that it would reboot and try again. It got caught in this infinite loop and would do nothing else.

I called Sony. [b]They had me send them that one and gave me a new one.[/b]

Would you or would you not call that cheesed?

So, how 'bout you refrain from shooting your mouth off until you get a vague concept of the difference between a computer and a baked potato, you simpering little faggot?[/quote]

whole - e - shit.

:mellow:

Ok so i keep getting red rings of death, but only when i turn it off... i turn it off, then i get the rings, then i have to turn it off again... what does that mean?

and what does it mean if i have to send mine out? do they send me a brand new one in a box or repair mine or what? main reason i ask, is if they send me a brand new one in a box can i take that and turn it into EB to get the Black XBOX 360 elite?

Also... what makes the elite better?

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='618917' date='Jan 4 2008, 04:45 PM']Ok so i keep getting red rings of death, but only when i turn it off... i turn it off, then i get the rings, then i have to turn it off again... what does that mean?[/quote]

Dunno

[quote]and what does it mean if i have to send mine out? do they send me a brand new one in a box or repair mine or what? main reason i ask, is if they send me a brand new one in a box can i take that and turn it into EB to get the Black XBOX 360 elite?[/quote]

I think they either repair yours or send you a refurb. My buddy just had to send his in, and they sent a replacement 3 weeks later, and it was DOA, so he's waiting again for a replacement...

[quote]Also... what makes the elite better?[/quote]

It's black, has HDMI, and a larger hard drive. Internals are a little more reliable as well from what I understand.

[quote name='Elflocko' post='616918' date='Jan 1 2008, 11:54 AM']So, how 'bout you refrain from shooting your mouth off until you get a vague concept of the difference between a computer and a baked potato, you simpering little faggot?[/quote]

What? Like this: "An error has occured during the download operation. A connection to the server cannot be established. (80710723)"

Maybe if you weren't such a cock gobbling fuck nut you'd have some patience and fix the problem youself. I've gotten that error message before, but I just sucked it up and used a little mind power to fix the fucker.

Or, maybe your mom should have just swallowed you when she had the chance...

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='619158' date='Jan 5 2008, 11:18 AM']It's really too bad your mom didn't swallow you when she had the chance...[/quote]

I apologize for the "simpering little faggot" shot, which was out of line and uncalled for.

I stand by the rest of it...

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='619158' date='Jan 5 2008, 11:18 AM']What? Like this: "An error has occured during the download operation. A connection to the server cannot be established. (80710723)"

Maybe if you weren't such a cock gobbling fuck nut you'd have some patience and fix the problem youself. I've gotten that error message before, but I just sucked it up and used a little mind power to fix the fucker.

Or, maybe your mom should have just swallowed you when she had the chance...[/quote]

No, [b]not[/b] like that.

8002F14E is an installation failure error, not a connection error, a fact which was made quite clear in the link I posted proving your previous statement of [quote]System Updates don't kill Playstation 3's...[b]that's just a fact[/b][/quote] wrong, which you obviously failed to read.

And nowhere in the link or any post I have made in this thread did I mention the error you pasted.

Are you this obnoxious and obtuse in real life, or do you just put on a show when you're here?

[quote name='Elflocko' post='619177' date='Jan 5 2008, 12:12 PM']No, [b]not[/b] like that.

8002F14E is an installation failure error, not a connection error, a fact which was made quite clear in the link I posted proving your previous statement of wrong, which you obviously failed to read.

And nowhere in the link or any post I have made in this thread did I mention the error you pasted.

Are you this obnoxious and obtuse in real life, or do you just put on a show when you're here?[/quote]
:lol:

Ok ... officially toasted now. The bitch (couldn't understand a word she was saying) for microsoft said they will send me a box with 4 or 5 days, then i have to send out my xbox and wont get it back for 3 fucking weeks ...

Anyone been through this process that can tell me a little bit about it?

Are they good on thier word? Is the refurb better? Is the refurb my same system or a better one? ?!

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='622326' date='Jan 13 2008, 09:54 PM']Ok ... officially toasted now. The bitch (couldn't understand a word she was saying) for microsoft said they will send me a box with 4 or 5 days, then i have to send out my xbox and wont get it back for 3 fucking weeks ...

Anyone been through this process that can tell me a little bit about it?

Are they good on thier word? Is the refurb better? Is the refurb my same system or a better one? ?![/quote]

Four or five days ........... pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ..... try more like 10. Apparently you get your own Xbox back now and not a refurb any more. I'm sending mine out tomorrow. I'll keep you updated from there.

Ok somebody help me out here... has anybody noticed it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find a xbox 360 elite out there?

Is microsoft doing something to thier systems to improve them or something? Why in the hell can't i find this system anywhere?

I'm talking ANYWHERE ! Bestbuy.com, bestbuy stores, circuit city, target, walmart, etc....

Someone in the know tell me whats up

Archived