Whoever the next DC is, he should look at Al Wilson

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='621272' date='Jan 10 2008, 07:19 PM']No but being 30 could. I'd be fine with a workout, but it [b]is[/b] a risk and what do we do with Brooks then? He has to get some experience at some point.[/quote]If we was to sign Wilson we let brooks do what he does best rush the passer, only if Pollack ret... :D

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='621273' date='Jan 10 2008, 08:24 PM']With his pass rushing abilities wouldnt he be better suited as the SAM?[/quote]

I think that he'd be perfect as the SAM, have someone else call the shot's and let him pin his ears back and rape/pillage/destroy QB's.
As far as Wilson being 30... he DID have a whole year off the heal his neck & the rest of his body.

As B.A.B. so aptly pointed out... Wilson wasn't just good, he was an All-Pro. The man is top shelf, a two time All-Pro is someone we need.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='621283' date='Jan 10 2008, 09:04 PM']is there a rumor that the team would be interested in Wilson ?
I cant understand why Denver wouldnt want him back if he's all that.[/quote]

No rumor that I know of, but I've been keeping an eye out for him since he was released last year.
He (and his agent) knows that he can get a pretty healthy payday... if nothing else, he will at least get an incentive laced contract that depends on his health.

He's a stud who is available that we need.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='621195' date='Jan 10 2008, 04:29 PM']Do you actually bother to read posts, or do you just skim them on purpose so that you can go off on tangents that don't make sense?

I never said that Brooks CAN'T play anything, I've ONLY said that he is a totally unproven commodity... whereas Al Wilson is a PROVEN commodity. For your information, I've been watching Brooks play and hearing about his play for many years... that's what happens when you live in Virginia and a kid plays for Virginia, and your sister in law teaches at Virginia.

What have you seen that says he CAN play the position?

His one game against the sorry ass rats offense and three snaps against Cleveland?

Wow... obviously you aren't an NFL scout.

I take that back, you could DEFINITELY be one of the Bengals scouts.[/quote]

well gee, excuse me for interpreting you saying "Brooks doesn't know his position (post 39)" as you saying that he can't play the position. If someone doesn't know how to play MLB, then it stands to reason that they can't.

As far as your "do you actually read posts" comment, I think the same applies for you. Nowhere did I say Brooks could play the position. My post was clear that we haven't seen much, but what we have seen is on the positive side. There is nothing to suggest that he can't.

But feel free to get defensive. :)

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='621194' date='Jan 10 2008, 05:25 PM']I'd agree with you for the most part, but i have to play devil's advocate.

Mike Vrabel, Tedy Bruschi, Roosevelt Colvin, and Adalius Thomas.

32, 34, 30, 30 ages of NE's starting LB's. Ought to tell us something.

We were screaming for Adalius Thomas last year and he and Wilson are the same age... And, Wilson has much more track record than Thomas did. Granted, if he physically can't do it then so be it. But, does it hurt to bring him in and look at him in TC? We're not on the hook for any salary unless he's on the roster the 1st game of the season.[/quote]

No it doesn't hurt to bring him in for a look but if he's ready to go,

[quote name='Patmo' post='621334' date='Jan 11 2008, 12:25 AM']No it doesn't hurt to bring him in for a look but if he's ready to go,[/quote]

Continued
--------------
If he's ready to go,why would Denver let him leave town.Obviously you're right about the Pats over the hill gang.However,I have no confidence that the Bengals have the ability to make such good selections.

[quote name='Patmo' post='621335' date='Jan 10 2008, 11:29 PM']Continued
--------------
If he's ready to go,why would Denver let him leave town.Obviously you're right about the Pats over the hill gang.However,I have no confidence that the Bengals have the ability to make such good selections.[/quote]

Not everyone in the league is so willing to let players sit on the shelf and eat up cap room like the Bengals do. Neck injuries are usually pretty serious, and they didn't expect him to be ready so quickly. I wonder if Denver is gonna try to pick him back up.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='621299' date='Jan 10 2008, 09:31 PM']well gee, excuse me for interpreting you saying "Brooks doesn't know his position (post 39)" as you saying that he can't play the position. If someone doesn't know how to play MLB, then it stands to reason that they can't.

As far as your "do you actually read posts" comment, I think the same applies for you. Nowhere did I say Brooks could play the position. My post was clear that we haven't seen much, but what we have seen is on the positive side. There is nothing to suggest that he can't.

But feel free to get defensive. :)[/quote]
Hey smartass, as YOU clearly stated in your post #44;

[i]"and what are you basing your opinion on? [b]Fact is, we've seen more from him that says he CAN play the position well than that says he can't. [/b]
Is it much? No, but you're assumption that he can't play the position has absolutely nothing to back it up other than your opinion. "[/i]

I don't know what games YOU were watching, but those of us watching the Cincinnati Bengals games saw a LB who has outstanding ability and potential... who couldn't get the rest of the team in position. That's the job of the MLB, call the defensive set, adjust it on the fly if necessary, and get his team in position to make the play.
If you know anything at all about football, specifically defense, it's pretty easy to see if a MLB doesn't know the position.

But please... Feel free to try and start trouble with every post that is not in your line of thinking. You do it all the time on here.

You're trying to argue with me because you ASSUMED I meant that Brooks couldn't play.
It was obvious to most that I think the exact opposite... that he CAN play, but doesn't know the MLB position. claptonrocks saw what I was talking about and see's that Brooks would probably be an awesome SLB... and that Wilson (if healthy) would be the field general this team is dying for.

You love to attack other posters... especially when you are wrong in your assumptions, yet when they come back at you, you try to act all innocent.
Whatever... play your game with someone who gives a shit. When you come at me it's going to be handed right back to you... in triplicate. If you can't take the heat, get the fuck out of the kitchen.

[quote name='Patmo' post='621335' date='Jan 10 2008, 11:29 PM']Continued
--------------
If he's ready to go,why would Denver let him leave town.Obviously you're right about the Pats over the hill gang.However,I have no confidence that the Bengals have the ability to make such good selections.[/quote]

Denver released him last year. They first tried to trade him to the Giants, but he failed the physical. The word I get from a buddy in Denver is they thought his neck would never fully recover.

Unfortunately, I share your lack of confidence in the bengals decision making.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='621380' date='Jan 11 2008, 08:39 AM']Hey smartass, as YOU clearly stated in your post #44;

[i]"and what are you basing your opinion on? [b]Fact is, we've seen more from him that says he CAN play the position well than that says he can't. [/b]
Is it much? No, but you're assumption that he can't play the position has absolutely nothing to back it up other than your opinion. "[/i]

I don't know what games YOU were watching, but those of us watching the Cincinnati Bengals games saw a LB who has outstanding ability and potential... who couldn't get the rest of the team in position. That's the job of the MLB, call the defensive set, adjust it on the fly if necessary, and get his team in position to make the play.
If you know anything at all about football, specifically defense, it's pretty easy to see if a MLB doesn't know the position.

But please... Feel free to try and start trouble with every post that is not in your line of thinking. You do it all the time on here.

You're trying to argue with me because you ASSUMED I meant that Brooks couldn't play.
It was obvious to most that I think the exact opposite... that he CAN play, but doesn't know the MLB position. claptonrocks saw what I was talking about and see's that Brooks would probably be an awesome SLB... and that Wilson (if healthy) would be the field general this team is dying for.

You love to attack other posters... especially when you are wrong in your assumptions, yet when they come back at you, you try to act all innocent.
Whatever... play your game with someone who gives a shit. When you come at me it's going to be handed right back to you... in triplicate. If you can't take the heat, get the fuck out of the kitchen.[/quote]

effort in futility

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='621380' date='Jan 11 2008, 08:39 AM'][b]Hey smartass[/b], as YOU clearly stated in your post #44;

[b]You love to attack other posters... especially when you are wrong in your assumptions, yet when they come back at you, you try to act all innocent.
Whatever... play your game with someone who gives a shit. When you come at me it's going to be handed right back to you... in triplicate. If you can't take the heat, get the fuck out of the kitchen.[/b][/quote]

What are you getting all defensive about? You're the one getting all bent out of shape because people are disagreeing with the opinion you started the thread on.

When did I say Brooks ever proved he could play the position? All I said is that we've seen more to suggest that he can than he can't. And feel free to explain how he failed to get people into position in that game. And can not know a position, but be considered able to play it (honest question)?

Don't get upset because you made a poorly worded statement and it got taken out of context. If that's what you meant, so be it, but don't get pissy about it. Just say "I didn't mean it like that."

If you count my previous post as starting trouble, you've got bigger problems than me.

And go back to my first post in this thread, I agreed with signing Wilson to a modest, incentive based contract.

I swear, there's a lot of posters with thin skinned around here who can't handle a discussion and run around thinking people are attacking them just because they disagree with their opinion. You call that attacking? Man, take a chill pill. I didn't throw any insults (unlike you). I've had my fair share of debates where I wasn't innocent, but in this one, you're the only one attacking man.

[quote name='bengaled' post='621387' date='Jan 11 2008, 09:00 AM']effort in futility[/quote]

still waiting on that PM, but thanks for chiming in.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='621420' date='Jan 11 2008, 09:38 AM']What are you getting all defensive about? You're the one getting all bent out of shape because people are disagreeing with the opinion you started the thread on.

When did I say Brooks ever proved he could play the position? All I said is that we've seen more to suggest that he can than he can't. And feel free to explain how he failed to get people into position in that game. And can not know a position, but be considered able to play it (honest question)?

Don't get upset because you made a poorly worded statement and it got taken out of context. If that's what you meant, so be it, but don't get pissy about it. Just say "I didn't mean it like that."

If you count my previous post as starting trouble, you've got bigger problems than me.

And go back to my first post in this thread, I agreed with signing Wilson to a modest, incentive based contract.

I swear, there's a lot of posters with thin skinned around here who can't handle a discussion and run around thinking people are attacking them just because they disagree with their opinion. You call that attacking? Man, take a chill pill. I didn't throw any insults (unlike you). I've had my fair share of debates where I wasn't innocent, but in this one, you're the only one attacking man.

still waiting on that PM, but thanks for chiming in.[/quote]

go fuck yourself. i have nothing to discuss with you.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='621420' date='Jan 11 2008, 09:38 AM']What are you getting all defensive about? You're the one getting all bent out of shape because people are disagreeing with the opinion you started the thread on.

still waiting on that PM, but thanks for chiming in.[/quote]

Exactly what I expected from you and called for it... act like you are innocent after you attack.
As far as "pissy" goes, you started that way back when you posted the now infamous "you assume Brooks can't play the position. (spare me the "show me" crap)"
Your perception causes you to skew meanings.
If YOUR perception causes YOU pain... keep it to yourself!

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Whatever... just don't expect people to have to explain themselves because YOUR assumptions and lack of comprehension make you take everyone elses posts out of context.

How's YOUR thicker skin coming along? :0stfu:

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='621434' date='Jan 11 2008, 09:47 AM']Exactly what I expected from you and called for it... act like you are innocent after you attack.
As far as "pissy" goes, you started that way back when you posted the now infamous "you assume Brooks can't play the position. (spare me the "show me" crap)"
Your perception causes you to skew meanings.
If YOUR perception causes YOU pain... keep it to yourself!

Whatever... just don't expect people to have to explain themselves because YOUR assumptions and lack of comprehension make you take everyone elses posts out of context.

How's YOUR thicker skin coming along? :0stfu:

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img][/quote]

Seriously, you considered that an attack? Don't really understand how to make it clearer, the way you worded it made it sound like you felt Brooks couldn't play the position. You corrected me, case closed. As far as the "show me" comment, that wasn't an attack on you, but at the typical "show me" answer for Brooks.

As I said, I've been far from innocent in many threads, but I promise you I've never once attacked you in this thread. Made an assumption? Sure, and you clarified that.

If you have a problem with me because of other threads, thats fine and hell maybe I deserve it. But don't assume I was attacking you in this thread just because you have a certain opinion of me.

[quote name='bengaled' post='621431' date='Jan 11 2008, 09:44 AM']go fuck yourself. i have nothing to discuss with you.[/quote]

pretty much what I expect out of you. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//37.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='621438' date='Jan 11 2008, 09:54 AM']Seriously, you considered that an attack? Don't really understand how to make it clearer, the way you worded it made it sound like you felt Brooks couldn't play the position. You corrected me, case closed. As far as the "show me" comment, that wasn't an attack on you, but at the typical "show me" answer for Brooks.

As I said, I've been far from innocent in many threads, but I promise you I've never once attacked you in this thread. Made an assumption? Sure, and you clarified that.

If you have a problem with me because of other threads, thats fine and hell maybe I deserve it. But don't assume I was attacking you in this thread just because you have a certain opinion of me.

pretty much what I expect out of you. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//37.gif[/img][/quote]

I have no opinions... I'm right all the time!

If you weren't a fellow Bengals fan, I'd try to play internet tough guy and threaten to kick your ass....

:00000056:

:00000052:

:jerry:

:badger:

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='621440' date='Jan 11 2008, 09:57 AM']I have no opinions... I'm right all the time!

If you weren't a fellow Bengals fan, I'd try to play internet tough guy and threaten to kick your ass....

:00000056:

:00000052:

:jerry:

:badger:[/quote]

just remember to do it in the right order:

1) first you call the person a faggot

2) then you call them a douchebag

3) THEN you threaten to kick their ass

;)

[quote name='Patmo' post='621335' date='Jan 11 2008, 01:59 AM']Continued
--------------
If he's ready to go,why[b] would Denver let him leave town[/b].Obviously you're right about the Pats over the hill gang.However,I have no confidence that the Bengals have the ability to make such good selections.[/quote]

Why did San Diego let Rodney Harrison go? Why did SD and Miami let Junior Seau go? Why did Buffalo let London Fletcher go? Those are just examples off the top of my brilliant head. NFL teams like to think they know it all, just as us posters do regardless of what we say (JamieB :wave:) (I still love you Jamie), but sometimes they're/we're wrong.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='621380' date='Jan 11 2008, 11:09 AM']But please... Feel free to try and start trouble with every post that is not in your line of thinking. You do it all the time on here.[/quote]

Yeah, I've noticed that myself.........Rodney King's quote applies "Can't we all just get along?"

[quote name='IKOTA' post='621464' date='Jan 11 2008, 07:28 AM']Why did San Diego let Rodney Harrison go? Why did SD and Miami let Junior Seau go? Why did Buffalo let London Fletcher go? Those are just examples off the top of my brilliant head. NFL teams like to think they know it all, just as us posters do regardless of what we say (JamieB :wave:) (I still love you Jamie), but sometimes they're/we're wrong.

Yeah, I've noticed that myself.........Rodney King's quote applies "Can't we all just get along?"[/quote]

Well Miami let Junior Seau go, but SD signed him to retire....which lasted a day or so till the Patsies came calling.

[quote name='Oldcat' post='621544' date='Jan 11 2008, 03:17 PM']Well Miami let Junior Seau go, but SD signed him to retire....which lasted a day or so till the Patsies came calling.[/quote]

Yeah, but SD let him get away in the first place when he went to Miami.........the point being that just because an NFL team gives up on a player for whatever reason, doesn't mean he's no longer able to be a good player somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote][size=3][b]Wilson update [/b][/size]

The Al Wilson watch should heat up after the Super Bowl. After the Broncos' former middle linebacker and defensive captain was cleared to return to the NFL last month, his Denver-based agent Peter Schaffer received several calls about Wilson's availability.

Wilson is working out and is expected to try to decide on his future in February before the free-agency period begins Feb. 29. Because Wilson was cut by Denver last April, [b]he is free to sign with any team. [/b][/quote]

[url="http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8070699"]http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8070699[/url]

Archived