Holy Shit ! I mean Jesus ! Chris Berman blows a fuse !

oldschooler

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='628897' date='Jan 31 2008, 08:56 PM']I saw Jerry Springer lose it on channel 5 one evening way before he was doing the trash TV he does now. He clearly wasn't aware he was still on the air.

Jerry and Norma...those were the days.[/quote]
Bring back the mayor...

[quote name='Bunghole' post='628895' date='Jan 31 2008, 09:50 PM']I wonder what his Holiness was so stumbingly and bumbingly referring to?[/quote]

people walking in front of and ducking under the camera :boring:

which granted, they shouldn't be doing. but I don't think it really elicited that reaction.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='628911' date='Jan 31 2008, 10:46 PM']people walking in front of and ducking under the camera :boring:

which granted, they shouldn't be doing. but I don't think it really elicited that reaction.[/quote]
Yah, it's much better to accept mediocrity and not try to make the best production possible. I mean, he doesn't really need to see the teleprompter, does he?

I've never been a fan of Berman and I never will be but I understand the tirade. Call it prima donna, call it being an asshole but when your face and your name are part of one of the more higher rated programs of the week, you might maybe... just maybe... not want it to look like horseshit.

[quote name='Gonzoid' post='629947' date='Feb 4 2008, 11:23 AM']Yah, it's much better to accept mediocrity and not try to make the best production possible. I mean, he doesn't really need to see the teleprompter, does he?

I've never been a fan of Berman and I never will be but I understand the tirade. Call it prima donna, call it being an asshole but when your face and your name are part of one of the more higher rated programs of the week, you might maybe... just maybe... not want it to look like horseshit.[/quote]
C'mon Gonzoid, no one is saying that he should "accept mediocrity"...and he should have been upset and yelled, etc...but was all the profanity really necessary?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='629957' date='Feb 4 2008, 11:56 AM']but was all the profanity really necessary?[/quote]
Probably not but then again, I'm not too cool under the collar when things devolve.

Funny clip, though, and it shows he can do more than give players "kicky" nicknames.

[quote name='Gonzoid' post='630368' date='Feb 5 2008, 04:37 PM']Probably not but then again, I'm not too cool under the collar when things devolve.

Funny clip, though, and it shows he can do more than give players "kicky" nicknames.[/quote]

No you're right, he absolutely [b]has[/b] to throw a temper tantrum like a six year-old child. For a minute and half. Something that could have been said in 10 seconds, you're right, he has to go on for a minute and a half, screaming like a child, or else he's "accepting mediocrity". Right.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='628921' date='Jan 31 2008, 11:11 PM']i explode like that at least once a day at work...[/quote]

...it would be in your best interest to completely abandon that habit. Not good for the heart as they say...

Effective antidotes to anger are the practice of patience and an understanding of impermanence.

Drop by drop

Step by Step

eww baby...

[quote name='Bunghole' post='629957' date='Feb 4 2008, 11:56 AM']C'mon Gonzoid, no one is saying that he should "accept mediocrity"...and he should have been upset and yelled, etc...but was all the profanity really necessary?[/quote]

thats some serious shit going down, deadlines, retakes and shit, being on tv, its not like he was reading a book and someone was talking too loud, i dont really see anything wrong with anything he said... interns and fuckups jollying around while his job is on the line consistantly with getting the shit right...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='633002' date='Feb 17 2008, 07:59 PM']thats some serious shit going down, deadlines, retakes and shit, being on tv, its not like he was reading a book and someone was talking too loud, i dont really see anything wrong with anything he said... interns and fuckups jollying around [b]while his job is on the line consistantly with getting the shit right...[/b][/quote]

sadly, I think Berman is there as long as he wants to be.

Archived