Chad in pro bowl

[quote]Pats WR Moss out of Pro Bowl

February 4, 2008
NEW YORK (TICKER) -- Following the lead of his quarterback, New England Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss pulled out of the Pro Bowl on Monday.

Earlier Monday, it was announced Patriots record-setting quarterback Tom Brady would not play in this weekend's game in Honolulu.

It was disclosed Moss suffered some type of injury in Super Bowl XLII on Sunday when the Patriots' bid for perfection ended with a stunning 17-14 loss to the New York Giants.

ADVERTISEMENT

Moss, who set a single-season record with 23 touchdown catches, had a 6-yard TD reception with 2:42 remaining to give the Pats a 14-10 lead.

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson will replace Moss in Sunday's game. The talkative Johnson had 93 receptions for 1,440 yards and eight touchdowns this season.[/quote]

[quote name='WildKat' post='630010' date='Feb 4 2008, 03:16 PM']I hope I'm wrong but for some reason I have a feeling hes going to come out for the game wearing a patriots helmet or something stupid.[/quote]

Chad Johnson doing something to bring attention to himself???? Your such a hater. :lol:

[quote name='Jason' post='630048' date='Feb 4 2008, 04:24 PM']It is my belief that Chad will not be traded, and that the best thing that can happen is for Chad and the Bengals to "smoth things over". As such, I think I will be happy for Chad.[/quote]

I agree that this thing will work itself out in time. I don't want him traded, but wouldn't be opposed to it if the offensive philosophy is appropriately changed to manage the trade.

If TO can get his shit together, Chad surely can.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='630097' date='Feb 4 2008, 07:14 PM']I the Bengals really going to let yet another of their stars walk because they don't know how to provide a positive winning environment?

Unreal. I swear, being a fan of this team is like having an alcoholic cousin. Sure you want him to do well, but you know how its gonna turn out...[/quote]

so now its the Bengals fault that Chad is having a temper tantrum?

Fans that complain about sports figures immaturity while allowing themselves to be transformed into

emotional spoon bangers by endless repetitions of the same stories

never seem to develop a distaste for the repetitive nature of the media led circle jerk

Is this our version of soaps? do we need this drama to feel alive?

Why not let those that have the abilities to play the game we love to watch

Do so ..... let those that are successful in coaching them, do so ,as well

Hail the winners and revile the losers .. i can enjoy all of that

But calm down with the baby shit .. He said , she said

it isnt your testosterone moving you in that direction

Maybe its something else

[quote name='WildKat' post='630010' date='Feb 4 2008, 03:16 PM']I hope I'm wrong but for some reason I have a feeling hes going to come out for the game wearing a patriots helmet or something stupid.[/quote]

honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen (with whatever team)

[quote name='Who-Dey_Show' post='630133' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:17 PM']I hope the Bengals don't allow him to wear the Bengals helmet for the Pro Bowl. This would be the best thing that could happen. FUCK CHAD JOHNSON!! GET THE FUCK OUT OF CINCINNATI. :flip:[/quote]

that'll show 'em. It'll look great in recruiting free agents too.

[quote name='Who-Dey_Show' post='630133' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:17 PM']I hope the Bengals don't allow him to wear the Bengals helmet for the Pro Bowl. This would be the best thing that could happen. FUCK CHAD JOHNSON!! GET THE FUCK OUT OF CINCINNATI. :flip:[/quote]
I hope they make chad fall down or run out of bounds whenever he catches the ball and defenders are around him.

Oh wait..

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='630134' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:19 PM']that'll show 'em. It'll look great in recruiting free agents too.[/quote]

It will show them that they fucking care about this team and not some stupid fucking fucker...that might be a good receiver...that they care more about the team. And are willing to cut ties with him for his actions. IMO Chad is no longer part of this team.

[quote name='Who-Dey_Show' post='630136' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:22 PM']It will show them that they fucking care about this team and not some stupid fucking fucker...that might be a good receiver...that they care more about the team. And are willing to cut ties with him for his actions. IMO Chad is no longer part of this team.[/quote]

if you want to take action against Chad, you do it in-house. You don't try to publicly embarass him and make the organization look bad in the process.

Until traded, Chad is still very much a part of this team.

I guess I get to the point where I just :rolleyes: to the stuff surrounding Chad. Supposedly, Marvin "didn't have his back" earlier in the year and stopped talking to him, or whatever. The same Marvin that had a different set of rules for Chad than he had for the other players...

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and go on the premise that he's just making waves to be in the spotlight. This is what he wanted and essentially the week of the biggest games of the year that he wasn't even in, and the day after the biggest game of the year that he wasn't in he was still at least a top 3 to 5 story topic. Just the way he wants it. Until he just flat out publicly requests a trade or does something shitty like run out on the field of the Pro Bowl wearing another team's helmet then I'll just ignore it and expect to see his ass in the spring OTA's...

Unless of course he puts up or shuts up and offers to pay back the remaining portion of his signing bonus so we don't see the cap hit, which tells us he's serious about a trade. If he sits next year, fine. Let him sit. But don't take one in the ass in a trade just becaue he wants out.

I'm glad he's still going to the Pro Bowl - if he seriously wants a trade it only adds value to the trade. Otherwise, we've still got a Pro Bowl receiver at a contract that was signed, what, 2-3 years ago... He's still one of our players and, again, until he just flat out says he wants out or puts up the signing bonus I'll take all of the other nonsense with a grain of salt.

We're doing exactly what Chad wants us to do. The endgame to this whole deal is Marvin will either call him or they'll meet face to face and Marvin will flat out tell Chad how it is and they'll either kiss and make up or they won't at which time Chad will have a decision to make. Based on that decision, then Marvin will have one to make as well.

That is all the perspective I have.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='630139' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:26 PM']I guess I get to the point where I just :rolleyes: to the stuff surrounding Chad. Supposedly, Marvin "didn't have his back" earlier in the year and stopped talking to him, or whatever. The same Marvin that had a different set of rules for Chad than he had for the other players...

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and go on the premise that he's just making waves to be in the spotlight. This is what he wanted and essentially the week of the biggest games of the year that he wasn't even in, and the day after the biggest game of the year that he wasn't in he was still at least a top 3 to 5 story topic. Just the way he wants it. Until he just flat out publicly requests a trade or does something shitty like run out on the field of the Pro Bowl wearing another team's helmet then I'll just ignore it and expect to see his ass in the spring OTA's...

Unless of course he puts up or shuts up and offers to pay back the remaining portion of his signing bonus so we don't see the cap hit, which tells us he's serious about a trade. If he sits next year, fine. Let him sit. But don't take one in the ass in a trade just becaue he wants out.

I'm glad he's still going to the Pro Bowl - if he seriously wants a trade it only adds value to the trade. Otherwise, we've still got a Pro Bowl receiver at a contract that was signed, what, 2-3 years ago... He's still one of our players and, again, until he just flat out says he wants out or puts up the signing bonus I'll take all of the other nonsense with a grain of salt.

[b]We're doing exactly what Chad wants us to do. [/b]The endgame to this whole deal is Marvin will either call him or they'll meet face to face and Marvin will flat out tell Chad how it is and they'll either kiss and make up or they won't at which time Chad will have a decision to make. Based on that decision, then Marvin will have one to make as well.

That is all the perspective I have.[/quote]

well said, particularly the bolded part. Everyone is doing exactly what Chad was going for: They are talking about Chad Johnson.

[quote name='Bengal Chris' post='630144' date='Feb 4 2008, 10:46 PM']Maybe this will show hes still a good player. I mean he doesn't go to the pro bowl and he feels he is worthless. Now he gets to go, maybe this will change his mind.[/quote]
If he really needs this type of daily confirmation we really are in trouble...

Although, I heard Jimmie Johnson talking a few weeks back about NFL players in general and he said honestly it is like dealing with a bunch of kids. You have to know when to stroke their ego, etc. to get them to play for you, etc. And those coaches that can manage the childish mentality the best win the most.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='630097' date='Feb 4 2008, 07:14 PM']I the Bengals really going to let yet another of their stars walk because they don't know how to provide a positive winning environment?

Unreal. I swear, being a fan of this team is like having an alcoholic cousin. Sure you want him to do well, but you know how its gonna turn out...[/quote]

clearly grown ups shouldnt be held accountable for their actions if the team isnt winning !!!1111111

Archived