Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Lost Skull

Paul

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='668194' date='May 27 2008, 12:37 AM']I just watched it. Worst of the series, but if you're a big fan of the series, you'll be entertained. As long as you expect it to be the worst of the series.[/quote]

I'm guessing you've never seen "Temple of Doom", which broke one of the cardinal rules of sequels, "Little kids are not entertaining and will most likely tank your entire film as the audience will wish for the villain to kill him ". TOD is one of the worst movies ever, let alone in the Indianan Jones series.

The Crystal Skull may be a distant 3rd, but it's not nearly as bad as TOD...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='668406' date='May 28 2008, 08:02 AM']I'm guessing you've never seen "Temple of Doom", which broke one of the cardinal rules of sequels, "Little kids are not entertaining and will most likely tank your entire film as the audience will wish for the villain to kill him ". TOD is one of the worst movies ever, let alone in the Indianan Jones series.

The Crystal Skull may be a distant 3rd, but it's not nearly as bad as TOD...[/quote]

agreed. I've never cared much for TOD. IMO Crystal Skull is better.

Put me in the didn't really like it camp. Didn't like Temple of Doom either because at the time as an 8 year old I got into multiple fights with my thick classmates in England to convince them that Indians didn't eat monkey brains and eye ball soup (my mum is Indian)

Raiders and last Crusade rock though.

[quote name='Elflocko' post='668406' date='May 28 2008, 08:02 AM']I'm guessing you've never seen "Temple of Doom", which broke one of the cardinal rules of sequels, "Little kids are not entertaining and will most likely tank your entire film as the audience will wish for the villain to kill him ". TOD is one of the worst movies ever, let alone in the Indianan Jones series.

The Crystal Skull may be a distant 3rd, but it's not nearly as bad as TOD...[/quote]

Bad yes, but it does have great recipe ideas!

Mmmmm, eyeball soup

[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='668418' date='May 28 2008, 08:21 AM']Put me in the didn't really like it camp. Didn't like Temple of Doom either because at the time as an 8 year old I got into multiple fights with my thick classmates in England to convince them that Indians didn't eat monkey brains and eye ball soup (my mum is Indian)
[b]
Raiders and last Crusade rock though.[/b][/quote]

Two of the best movies ever made, IMO.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='668551' date='May 28 2008, 03:59 PM'][b]Like Star Wars ... never seen the Indiana Jones films ... and have no desire to. [/b][/quote]

:o

I really don't understand why. A life without watching these classics is like a parade in Red Square with no tanks.

• 2 weeks later...
We saw it yesterday and both enjoyed it. Yeah, this one was more "sci-fi" than "religion" but it still had the supernatural elements all the Indy movies had, and some good chase scenes. And the refrigerator was great.

Spoiler alert below.

Does anyone think they may continue the series now with Indy's son the new hero?

[quote name='Jason' post='671562' date='Jun 9 2008, 06:27 AM']We saw it yesterday and both enjoyed it. Yeah, this one was more "sci-fi" than "religion" but it still had the supernatural elements all the Indy movies had, and some good chase scenes. And the refrigerator was great.

Spoiler alert below.

Does anyone think they may continue the series now with Indy's son the new hero?[/quote]

I'm a shia lebouf fan, but I can't see them continuing the franchise without Harrison Ford.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='671593' date='Jun 9 2008, 06:29 AM']I'm a shia lebouf fan, but I can't see them continuing the franchise without Harrison Ford.[/quote]

possible spoiler

The rumor going around was/is Shia was signed to 3 additional movies.
Oh, and this was kind of an interesting read [url="http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1587641/story.jhtml"]http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1587641/story.jhtml[/url]
and this one [url="http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/05/16/lucas-has-idea-for-indiana-jones-5-spielberg-labeouf-and-ford-dont-rule-it-out/"]http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/05/16/lucas-...nt-rule-it-out/[/url]

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='671650' date='Jun 9 2008, 12:29 PM']possible spoiler

[spoiler]
The rumor going around was/is Shia was signed to 3 additional movies.
Oh, and this was kind of an interesting read [url="http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1587641/story.jhtml"]http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1587641/story.jhtml[/url]
and this one [url="http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/05/16/lucas-has-idea-for-indiana-jones-5-spielberg-labeouf-and-ford-dont-rule-it-out/"]http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/05/16/lucas-...nt-rule-it-out/[/url][/spoiler][/quote]

thanks for the info. by the way peeps, we do have spoiler tag codes.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='671593' date='Jun 9 2008, 08:29 AM'][b]I'm a shia lebouf fan,[/b] but I can't see them continuing the franchise without Harrison Ford.[/quote]
Me too. I keep hoping for an "Even Stevens" movie. Only time will tell.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='671662' date='Jun 9 2008, 01:22 PM']Me too. I keep hoping for an "Even Stevens" movie. Only time will tell.[/quote]

never watched it, but I do know they did one a few years back. I think Tim Meadows was in it. Was only a made-for-tv one though I think.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='671663' date='Jun 9 2008, 01:26 PM']never watched it, but I do know they did one a few years back. I think Tim Meadows was in it. Was only a made-for-tv one though I think.[/quote]
I was totally joking, although as far as kids programs go, that one wasn't too bad. I used to watch it with my stepdaughter when she was younger.

so I was watching Last Crusade on USA lastnight and found one critical error as far as Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls goes:

(not so much a spoiler) [spoiler]In Crystal Skulls, Indy mentions that his dad is dead. However, he drank from the Holy Grail at the end of Crusade, thus making him immortal.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='673261' date='Jun 15 2008, 07:49 AM']so I was watching Last Crusade on USA lastnight and found one critical error as far as Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls goes:

(not so much a spoiler) [spoiler]In Crystal Skulls, Indy mentions that his dad is dead. However, he drank from the Holy Grail at the end of Crusade, thus making him immortal.[/spoiler][/quote]

for that spoiler: only if he doesnt leave the cave.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='673286' date='Jun 15 2008, 11:00 AM']for that spoiler: only if he doesnt leave the cave.[/quote]

see, I considered that, but that's not how the quote necessarily goes. I guess its how you interperet it. : [spoiler]You have chosen... wisely. But, beware: the Grail cannot pass beyond the Great Seal, for that is the boundry, and the price, of immortality.

The grail can't pass, but it is never stated that you are only immortal if you stay within the cave. [/spoiler]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='673368' date='Jun 15 2008, 08:38 PM']see, I considered that, but that's not how the quote necessarily goes. I guess its how you interperet it. : [spoiler]You have chosen... wisely. But, beware: the Grail cannot pass beyond the Great Seal, for that is the boundry, and the price, of immortality.

The grail can't pass, but it is never stated that you are only immortal if you stay within the cave. [/spoiler][/quote]

i swear to god the knight says taht u cannot leave. u have to stay in the cave and protect the grail. thats why the knight was finally allowed to die. he didnt have to protect it anymore. my parents both LOVED those movies and just confirmed that the knight said it.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='673372' date='Jun 15 2008, 09:17 PM']i swear to god the knight says taht u cannot leave. u have to stay in the cave and protect the grail. thats why the knight was finally allowed to die. he didnt have to protect it anymore. my parents both LOVED those movies and just confirmed that the knight said it.[/quote]

the quote above is the direct quote. :shrug:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='673428' date='Jun 16 2008, 08:58 AM']doesnt someone also say that if u drink from it u have to stay to protect it[/quote]

no. The knight was waiting for another "knight" to come and replace him, but that had nothing to do with drinking from the grail.

Archived