shit,shit,shit

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='678022' date='Jul 10 2008, 10:21 AM'][img]http://www.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2006/10/playstation3_20_60.jpg[/img]
:wave:[/quote]

no thanks

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='678038' date='Jul 10 2008, 12:38 PM']u forgot 1 pic he siad shit 3 times.[/quote]

:rofl:

Since you only send back the console itself and not the cables or your hard drive...buy one from Walmart (keep the receipt) and when you open it, only take out the console and hook it up to your cables and your hard drive. Keep all of the new cables wrapped up and never take them out of the box. Then in a week when yours comes back, dust off the console, put it back in the box and take it back.

Not that I've ever done this or anything...

:ninja:

[quote name='WRAPradio' post='678064' date='Jul 10 2008, 03:00 PM']Since you only send back the console itself and not the cables or your hard drive...buy one from Walmart (keep the receipt) and when you open it, only take out the console and hook it up to your cables and your hard drive. Keep all of the new cables wrapped up and never take them out of the box. Then in a week when yours comes back, dust off the console, put it back in the box and take it back.

:ninja:[/quote]

the wal mart in mason will only take it back if its sealed. i was gonna do that to test if my wireless adapter or unit was bad,.. glad i didnt bother as i figured it out and turned out i was retarded.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='678134' date='Jul 10 2008, 09:05 PM']the wal mart in mason will only take it back if its sealed. i was gonna do that to test if my wireless adapter or unit was bad,.. glad i didnt bother as i figured it out and turned out i was retarded.[/quote]

It has to be a small town wal-mart. I bought a ps2 when it first came out, had it two weeks and my dog knocked it off the stand while the disk drive was open, snapped it clean off, I stuck the s.o.b back in the slot, boxed it up, took it back, and got a brand spankin' new one...I love ripping wal-mart, and even better Sony off. :lol:

[quote name='GoBengals' post='678134' date='Jul 10 2008, 08:05 PM']the wal mart in mason will only take it back if its sealed. i was gonna do that to test if my wireless adapter or unit was bad,.. glad i didnt bother as i figured it out and turned out i was retarded.[/quote]

It will still be sealed. The box just has a piece of tape holding it together, and the 360 itself if in some foam with some tape on it. Both pieces of tape were able to be re-applied. Once they saw the cables and controller were never opened they were fine. I took mine to a Walmart in Dayton.

The 60G PS3 we got the kids for Christmas took a crap in May. Sams gave us our money back and went to Game Stop to get an 80G. It's running fine for now. Our PS2 lasted forever but we never used it to watch movies.

The Blue Ray feature on the PS3 is over rated. I honestly cannot see a quality difference watching a BR movie through the PS3 and a standard dvd on our $60 Phillips dvd player.

[quote name='WRAPradio' post='678064' date='Jul 10 2008, 03:00 PM']Since you only send back the console itself and not the cables or your hard drive...buy one from Walmart (keep the receipt) and when you open it, only take out the console and hook it up to your cables and your hard drive. Keep all of the new cables wrapped up and never take them out of the box. Then in a week when yours comes back, dust off the console, put it back in the box and take it back.

:ninja:[/quote]

thanks for the idea, now i just have to ask my wife for an advance in my allowence.

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='678207' date='Jul 11 2008, 10:04 AM']It has to be a small town wal-mart. I bought a ps2 when it first came out, had it two weeks and my dog knocked it off the stand while the disk drive was open, snapped it clean off, I stuck the s.o.b back in the slot, boxed it up, took it back, and got a brand spankin' new one...I love ripping wal-mart, and even better Sony off. :lol:[/quote]

yea, they offer up exchanges no problem. the straight up return was the "iffy part" they sure arent hurtin by it.. they get credit from whomever

[quote name='WRAPradio' post='678218' date='Jul 11 2008, 11:17 AM']It will still be sealed. The box just has a piece of tape holding it together, and the 360 itself if in some foam with some tape on it. Both pieces of tape were able to be re-applied. Once they saw the cables and controller were never opened they were fine. I took mine to a Walmart in Dayton.[/quote]

yea, that makes sense, i assumed they make the tape on the edge of the box that crazy stick tape that never goes back on or rips the color under it off.... since i never had to try. that makes sense tho...

[quote name='whodey24k' post='678263' date='Jul 11 2008, 01:56 PM']thanks for the idea, now i just have to ask my wife for an advance in my allowence.[/quote]

ha

[quote name='Enon Bengal' post='678246' date='Jul 11 2008, 12:51 PM']The 60G PS3 we got the kids for Christmas took a crap in May. Sams gave us our money back and went to Game Stop to get an 80G. It's running fine for now. Our PS2 lasted forever but we never used it to watch movies.

The Blue Ray feature on the PS3 is over rated. I honestly cannot see a quality difference watching a BR movie through the PS3 and a standard dvd on our $60 Phillips dvd player.[/quote]

You must have a piece of shit TV then, or horrendous horrendous eye sight.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='679276' date='Jul 15 2008, 04:39 PM']You must have a piece of shit TV then, or horrendous horrendous eye sight.[/quote]
The tv is brand new, (46" Samsung), but my eye sight is pretty bad.

The thing is, flipping the channels from regular to HD, (like 7 and 707 for CBS or 52 and 751 for the History Channel), the difference is jaw dropping noticible. I just couldn't see it on the movies.

[quote name='Enon Bengal' post='679956' date='Jul 18 2008, 12:20 PM']The tv is brand new, (46" Samsung), but my eye sight is pretty bad.

The thing is, flipping the channels from regular to HD, (like 7 and 707 for CBS or 52 and 751 for the History Channel), the difference is jaw dropping noticible. I just couldn't see it on the movies.[/quote]

is the ps3 hooked up via hdmi?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='680000' date='Jul 18 2008, 04:13 PM']is the ps3 hooked up via hdmi?[/quote]
It was.

We're back to using our $60 Phillips DVD player and have the PS3 hooked up to another tv in another room for game playing purposes.

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='678207' date='Jul 11 2008, 10:04 AM']It has to be a small town wal-mart. I bought a ps2 when it first came out, had it two weeks and my dog knocked it off the stand while the disk drive was open, snapped it clean off, I stuck the s.o.b back in the slot, boxed it up, took it back, and got a brand spankin' new one...I love ripping wal-mart, and even better Sony off. :lol:[/quote]

I waited 5 weeks or so for mine... sucked big time. But since, it's been good.

[quote name='Enon Bengal' post='679956' date='Jul 18 2008, 12:20 PM']The tv is brand new, (46" Samsung), but my eye sight is pretty bad.

The thing is, flipping the channels from regular to HD, (like 7 and 707 for CBS or 52 and 751 for the History Channel), the difference is jaw dropping noticible. I just couldn't see it on the movies.[/quote]
which samsung tv is it? My bet is that you didnt buy a 1080p tv or you didnt actually use a blu ray movie and put a anormal dvd in there.

Ive seen the blu ray on a blu ray player and the ps3 and there is no difference between the quality of the 2 and the difference between bluray and dvd is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='whodey319' post='680809' date='Jul 23 2008, 07:59 AM']which samsung tv is it? My bet is that you didnt buy a 1080p tv or you didnt actually use a blu ray movie and put a anormal dvd in there.

Ive seen the blu ray on a blu ray player and the ps3 and there is no difference between the quality of the 2 and the difference between bluray and dvd is amazing.[/quote]

It doesn't matter if it's not 1080P. 720P is a jaw dropping difference in itself.

I would guess he just put in a normal DVD.

Archived