‘Chinny’ surfaces on crutches

[quote][size=5][b]‘Chinny’ surfaces on crutches[/b][/size]
By Chick Ludwig | Friday, August 8, 2008, 01:19 PM

NDUKWE SIDELINED

WITH LEFT KNEE INJURY

===LUDWIG AT LARGE checks in with a Cincinnati Bengals injury update while loving the sound of “Broadway Brett,” and the fact that Brett Favre will soon be taking snaps from New York Jets center Nick Mangold of Ohio State and Alter High School fame.===

Strong safety Chinedum Ndukwe has surfaced on crutches, a clear sign he won’t play at Green Bay on Monday night after spraining his left knee on Wednesday.

The injury is a setback for Ndukwe because he was making a serious bid to unseat incumbent Dexter Jackson for the starting job.

Jackson is the club’s most experienced defensive back and the unit needs his leadership to mentor safeties Marvin White and Kyries Hebert. Rookie safety Corey Lynch is coming on strong, showing excellent ball-hawking skills.

So even though Ndukwe will be missed, there seems to be enough depth and talent to pick up the slack in his absence.

Other players not likely to play at Green Bay: Tailback Rudi Johnson, wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, defensive end Antwan Odom, cornerback Ethan Kilmer, safety Herana-Daze Jones and linebacker Rashad Jeanty.[/quote]

[url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/chickludwig/entries/2008/08/08/chinny_surfaces_on_crutches.html"]http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/s...n_crutches.html[/url]

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='685834' date='Aug 8 2008, 10:36 PM']Fuck Favre, why is he mentioned

I heard today on Sirius NFL radio that Chinny will miss the 1st 6 weeks.[/quote]

i would guess either the person reporting or you may have misheard, knee sprin takes "up to" 6 weeks to heal if severe, so probably not week 6, but 6 weeks from now, which worst case it he missed 1-2 gmes, so if its not terribly severe, he should be back to start the season.. as for crutches, everything i found says to rest it asap and constantly,

[quote name='GoBengals' post='685837' date='Aug 8 2008, 09:53 PM']i would guess either the person reporting or you may have misheard, knee sprin takes "up to" 6 weeks to heal if severe, so probably not week 6, but 6 weeks from now, which worst case it he missed 1-2 gmes, so if its not terribly severe, he should be back to start the season.. as for crutches, everything i found says to rest it asap and constantly,[/quote]

I heard he sprained the patella tendon, is that what you heard ?

[quote name='bengalbutch' post='685849' date='Aug 8 2008, 11:17 PM']I heard he sprained the patella tendon, is that what you heard ?[/quote]

havent heard anything from anyone in the know, but an article somewhere said or hinted at that...

from what i have researched even if they have to go in and clean up (not re attached or anything crazy) its only 4-6 weeks recovery time, so for an athlete who didnt tear anything and it wasnt a result of a direct hit, id expect him back at the LATEST by week 2 against the titans..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='685837' date='Aug 8 2008, 10:53 PM']i would guess either the person reporting or you may have misheard, knee sprin takes "up to" 6 weeks to heal if severe, so probably not week 6, but 6 weeks from now, which worst case it he missed 1-2 gmes, so if its not terribly severe, he should be back to start the season.. as for crutches, everything i found says to rest it asap and constantly,[/quote]
I can't remember which he said. I'm hoping it 6 weeks and not week 6.
I'll keep listening and see if they can stop talking about Brett for a minute.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='685872' date='Aug 9 2008, 12:44 AM']I heard it will be a close call for Week 1.[/quote]

makes sense, and no sense ruhing him back if he isnt needed against the ravens, let dexjax play, we can burn them up on offense...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='685874' date='Aug 8 2008, 11:50 PM']makes sense, and no sense ruhing him back if he isnt needed against the ravens, let dexjax play, we can burn them up on offense...[/quote]

If the preseason game was an indication that they will be starting Boller week 1, i don't think our offense will even need to run on all cylinders to win week 1.

[quote name='unleashed' post='685877' date='Aug 9 2008, 01:13 AM']If the preseason game was an indication that they will be starting Boller week 1, i don't think our offense will even need to run on all cylinders to win week 1.[/quote]

boller isnt great, if he has time, he is above average, but he always seems to make just enough mistakes to not win, ... he isnt as trash aspeople think, but year, we shouldnt be too worried about the passing attack in baltimore. :D

[quote name='unleashed' post='685877' date='Aug 8 2008, 11:13 PM']If the preseason game was an indication that they will be starting Boller week 1, i don't think our offense will even need to run on all cylinders to win week 1.[/quote]
It sounds like their starting Troy Smith this week though. I wonder how that will play out?

[quote name='unleashed' post='685877' date='Aug 9 2008, 03:13 PM']If the preseason game was an indication that they will be starting Boller week 1, i don't think our offense will even need to run on all cylinders to win week 1.[/quote]
Speaking of Boller... I saw the future today.. on the back of Madden 09. There's a screen shot of Brooks sacking Boller's sorry ass. It was everything I could do to not shout out WHO DEY! in a crowded shop ^_^

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='685913' date='Aug 9 2008, 08:27 AM']Speaking of Boller... I saw the future today.. on the back of Madden 09. There's a screen shot of Brooks sacking Boller's sorry ass. It was everything I could do to not shout out WHO DEY! in a crowded shop ^_^[/quote]

Yeah i saw that pic too...that was actually a pic of Keith Rivers. They put a pic of every 1st round rookie on the Madden website and had Rivers as 55 for his college number....Ahmad should've just sold it to him

[quote name='unleashed' post='685929' date='Aug 10 2008, 12:39 AM']Yeah i saw that pic too...they had Brooks as 55 tho. Ahmad should've traded him #'s[/quote]
Brooks is 55. Was it Rivers' name on the jersey? I only saw the 55 and assumed it was Brooks.

Either way, it was b-e-a-u-tiful to see on a shelf in the land down under.

I saw some Ohio State sweats for sale in Foot Locker today, too.

Between the two of those, my day was made ^_^

and, oh yeah, get well, Chinny. I want to see you kicking ass against the Clowns when I get home!

[quote name='oldschooler' post='685830' date='Aug 9 2008, 11:28 AM'][url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/chickludwig/entries/2008/08/08/chinny_surfaces_on_crutches.html"]http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/s...n_crutches.html[/url][/quote]

Oddly enough I didn't see the name "Broadway Brett" before I posted that here. It just came to mind when I posted. I wonder if this douche is stealing from us or if it's been used elsewhere?
MULLY

[quote name='GoBengals' post='685878' date='Aug 9 2008, 12:18 AM']boller isnt great, if he has time, he is above average, but he always seems to make just enough mistakes to not win, ... he isnt as trash aspeople think, but year, we shouldnt be too worried about the passing attack in baltimore. :D[/quote]
Agreed. I would throw our second string against Boller and their first string anyday.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='685874' date='Aug 8 2008, 11:50 PM']makes sense, and no sense ruhing him back if he isnt needed against the ravens, let dexjax play, we can burn them up on offense...[/quote]

Going by that theory, we probably don't need him against the Titans either as their offense may be worse then the Ravens.

Archived