Go-Bengals and Oldschooler

Fuck this site! You can no longer actually have an opinion if it differs from these 2 douchebags. If you do by chance then your a fucking idiot, according to Go and Old. This site use to be fun, interesting, entertaining and informative but because of these 2 fuckwads...it sucks. Apparently if you have an opinion that people do not like you get banned now. Like I said....Fuck this site! Go suck Mike Browns cock like ya do all over these posts!

[quote name='Smizno' post='718532' date='Oct 27 2008, 04:55 PM']Fuck this site! You can no longer actually have an opinion if it differs from these 2 douchebags. If you do by chance then your a fucking idiot, according to Go and Old. This site use to be fun, interesting, entertaining and informative but because of these 2 fuckwads...it sucks. Apparently if you have an opinion that people do not like you get banned now. Like I said....Fuck this site! Go suck Mike Browns cock like ya do all over these posts![/quote]
So who got banned this time?

Besides you, probably soon, for saying what you did in the above post...

[quote name='Smizno' post='718535' date='Oct 27 2008, 04:02 PM']Big Dish did. The last I checked, we in the USA had freedom of speech. At least thats what the Constitution says. If you agree with it or not an individual is allowed to speak his/her mind. It's simply their opinion.[/quote]

You DO have freedom of speech, but since this site is run by GO, he makes the rules. So if you don't like being called an idiot, you have 2 choices:

1) Don't post

or

2) Find a new board

Oh wait there is the third choice Go always gives you:

"go find another team to cheer for."

I give this message about 10 minutes before it gets deleted.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='718539' date='Oct 27 2008, 05:07 PM'][b]You DO have freedom of speech, but since this site is run by GO, he makes the rules[/b]. So if you don't like being called an idiot, you have 2 choices:

1) Don't post

or

2) Find a new board

Oh wait there is the third choice Go always gives you:

"go find another team to cheer for."

I give this message about 10 minutes before it gets deleted.[/quote]
So you have to agree with him?

[quote name='Smizno' post='718544' date='Oct 27 2008, 05:27 PM']So its a dictatorship?[/quote]

We would be in a dictatorship if a privately owned and operated group HAD to follow what the government said, albeit and enlightened dictatorship if it enforced freedom of speech. However, what you are clamouring for is the negation of freedom of association.

That said, I am saddened to hear big dish is gone. I know he got hot under the collar and may have said some things he regretted, but he's a good poster. Hope the banning is just a temporary time out to let him cool off. I'm betting that's the case, because he would be missed.

Guys, we just need a win. That will cure everything. If that doesn't happen, we just need to remember it's just a game, and we're here to have fun. Let's not take it all so personally or seriously.

I agree that sometimes Go can rub people the wrong way, or be outright rude at times...I bet he will admit to that also. I think most of us have said things on here that we may have regretted later. I know I have.

I think the primary thrust of all this is two-fold: one, it is Go's website, and it's a pretty cool one, too. Two, I think some of the recent eruptions on here by Go and others have everything to do with the sheer repetition that the same old "mike Brown sucks" threads have. People get tired of hearing that shit, and moaning about it constantly on this website accomplishes nothing but iritating other people.

FTR, I do not like Mike Brown, and I think he is a terrible owner in many regards. But I rarely complain about it because it doesn't do anything, and others on here complain enough for me. Mike Brown owns the team, nothing can change that.

Furthermore, if you have a disagreement with someone (not just site admin), it should be in a way that doesn't demean or belittle someone just for the sake of it. I know we all like to kid around, make jokes at each other's expense, etc...and sometimes there's some hitting below the belt, too, but by and large, the main issue at hand (besides the fact that fans are utterly frustrated with losing) is the CONSTANT, REPETITIVE manner in which the SAME ISSUES are rehashed OVER AND OVER again. We all get it: Mike Brown sucks.

I think it's just gotten to the point where the squeaky wheel isn't getting the grease...it's getting the heave-ho.

Lots of people I don't agree with here but the banter is good and Go takes as much shit as he gives and let's 99% of it fly. I'm no fan of Mike Brown and my love for Marvin has faded but this is stilll the best Bengal site I have found.

And I have been bouncing around Bengal sites since the old Cincy talk loony bin

[quote name='Smizno' post='718535' date='Oct 27 2008, 05:02 PM']Big Dish did. The last I checked, we in the USA had freedom of speech. At least thats what the Constitution says. If you agree with it or not an individual is allowed to speak his/her mind. It's simply their opinion.[/quote]

I'm willing to bet neither Go, nor Old (who's not even a Mod) had NOTHING to do with big_dish being banned.

Also, you're right, USA has freedom of speech, so really, they can disagree with you and anyone else for as long as they like.

I don't agree with much either has to say anymore, but you now what? I can leave whenever I want, and you can too.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='718575' date='Oct 27 2008, 06:31 PM']I'm willing to bet neither Go, nor Old (who's not even a Mod) had NOTHING to do with big_dish being banned.

Also, you're right, USA has freedom of speech, so really, they can disagree with you and anyone else for as long as they like.

I don't agree with much either has to say anymore, but you now what? I can leave whenever I want, and you can too.[/quote]
I didn't know Dish was banned, but both he and USNBengal said some pretty nasty things to each other in that one thread. I suppose wishing death on someone is pretty classless, even if it is Mike Brown, but USN is pretty outspoken, too.

Ah well. Hopefully Dish will be back. I like him, I think he's just in meltdown mode, allowing the Bengals to taint his worldview just a bit too much.

I'm actually amazed at how far I've come in that area. I just don't care for more than a couple hours after the most recent loss, then move on with my life. It is just a game after all, no matter how passionate some of us are over it. A strange side-effect to me is that having the Bengals be so bad has caused me to not want to watch any other games. I still get as pumped up as ever to watch the next Bengals game, and when they invariably lose, I just turn the TV off. I no longer want to watch the other games. I'll check up on stats for my FF league on NFL.com and that's about it.

As bad as they are, they've become the sole focus of my NFL viewing time. It's probably a good thing, too, since I have a family. I used to ignore them from 1:00pm until bedtime on Sundays, now I hang out with them from 4:00pm until bedtime.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='718592' date='Oct 27 2008, 07:37 PM']wow what kind of asshole creates a whole thread to call out two members

pretty fucking pathetic[/quote]

Pretty simple... the kind of asshole who obviously thinks it's ok to wish death on someone.

You have the freedom of speech Smizno, you fucking crybaby. In America, you also have the RESPONSIBILITY to answer up for what you say.

That doesn't count though... does it?

Well to some it does, those who really understand what our freedoms are all about.

You might want to do some learning there smart guy...

[quote name='Smizno' post='718532' date='Oct 27 2008, 05:55 PM']Fuck this site! You can no longer actually have an opinion if it differs from these 2 douchebags.[/quote]

That's funny, considering about 95% of the board has a huge difference in opinion from those two members and Go and old are separate on a number of issues as well.

[quote name='Smizno' post='718532' date='Oct 27 2008, 04:55 PM']Fuck this site! You can no longer actually have an opinion if it differs from these 2 douchebags. If you do by chance then your a fucking idiot, according to Go and Old. This site use to be fun, interesting, entertaining and informative but because of these 2 fuckwads...it sucks. Apparently if you have an opinion that people do not like you get banned now. Like I said....Fuck this site! Go suck Mike Browns cock like ya do all over these posts![/quote]

If you get this upset over anonymous internet arguments, it might be in your best interest to avoid message boards.

(But the "I thought this was America" was pretty funny.)

This board has god knows how many members so your sure to get a variety of different opinions which is cool, and it's actually what this board is meant for, to voice your thoughts or views as opposed to others, but when you have to call people names when your trying to get your point accross or when you have a difference of opinion is bullshit. I have never seen Old do it but i have seen Go do it on many of ocassion, i just ignore it, but you would think that the owner of the board would have a little more tact when voicing his opinion.

Archived