Letters from former players to mike brown

Dear Everyone:

Sorry, but i am too busy cashing my check from the NFL welfare office to respond. I cant wait to watch the steelers play the baltimore colts this weekend.

BTW, i hear there is a good QB to draft at #1 this year. get ready to buy new jerseys!!!

-Mike

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='722463' date='Nov 8 2008, 12:47 AM']hey Go, seriously just tell me why do you defend mike brown ? not saying that you should come here and say how cheap he is and sound annoying as fuck about it, just wondering if you do not see that the guy is not as successful on the field as he is off of it! the truth is that what goes on the field isn't all his fault but the guy isn't football smart, but he is at the business aspect of it .[/quote]

Well, can't speak for Go, but I can tell you why I don't spend a a lot of time bashing Mike Brown. The biggest reason: They are still the Cincinnati Bengals. I gonna go out on a limb here and say that he could have probably got a pretty sweet deal in LA and even now in San Antonio. Several teams have moved since he took over, yet they are still in this small market. Now maybe he couldn't make more money else where, but I doubt it.

I also think that Mike does want a winning football team. The problem is he wants to do it his way, but he just doesn't have the skill set to do it. His dad was great, and certainly great at evaluating talent. Mike not so much. If he were to realize this one simple fact, perhaps he'd change, but I'd imagine he hasn't quite got it yet.

[quote name='ccartman2' post='722793' date='Nov 10 2008, 04:16 PM']Well, can't speak for Go, but I can tell you why I don't spend a a lot of time bashing Mike Brown. The biggest reason: They are still the Cincinnati Bengals. I gonna go out on a limb here and say that he could have probably got a pretty sweet deal in LA and even now in San Antonio. Several teams have moved since he took over, yet they are still in this small market. Now maybe he couldn't make more money else where, but I doubt it.

I also think that Mike does want a winning football team. The problem is he wants to do it his way, but he just doesn't have the skill set to do it. His dad was great, and certainly great at evaluating talent. Mike not so much. If he were to realize this one simple fact, perhaps he'd change, but I'd imagine he hasn't quite got it yet.[/quote]
[b]Word...The Falcons were brutal last year ..They went out and hired a good Director of Player Personnel Tom Dimitroff and they are vastly improved..If we follow suit and hire a good GM with the talent we already have I believe we can contend next year[/b]

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='722795' date='Nov 10 2008, 03:26 PM'][b]Word...The Falcons were brutal last year ..They went out and hired a good Director of Player Personnel Tom Dimitroff and they are vastly improved..If we follow suit and hire a good GM with the talent we already have I believe we can contend next year[/b][/quote]

Look at Miami. They cleared house and let Parcells step in and put the right people in the right positions. Now they're 5-4, and it's not a coincidence. :closedeyes:

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='722861' date='Nov 10 2008, 09:55 PM']Look at Miami. They cleared house and let Parcells step in and put the right people in the right positions. Now they're 5-4, and it's not a coincidence. :closedeyes:[/quote]

\has nothing to do with good heathly players right? whos the titans gm? they are undefeated... they are a shitty run organiztion without a GM... they fucking suck cause they dont hve a GM.. the bills are in first place.. do they have a GM?

if parcells was the coach none of the success would have happened there? just cause he got the GM title eh?

the GM talk is a JOKE. there is no proof it helps anything. and no proof it hurts anything...

good coaches and good players on the field wins games... thats it.

do the steelers have a GM?

the lions have for a long time!!!

its clearly the road to success...........

[quote name='GoBengals' post='722870' date='Nov 10 2008, 09:57 PM']\has nothing to do with good heathly players right? whos the titans gm? they are undefeated... they are a shitty run organiztion without a GM... they fucking suck cause they dont hve a GM.. the bills are in first place.. do they have a GM?

if parcells was the coach none of the success would have happened there? just cause he got the GM title eh?

the GM talk is a JOKE. there is no proof it helps anything. and no proof it hurts anything...

good coaches and good players on the field wins games... thats it.

do the steelers have a GM?

the lions have for a long time!!!

its clearly the road to success...........[/quote]

Isnt Marv Leavy acting in that role for the bills? (even if its not the actual title)

I think the Titans have Mike Reinfeldt dont they?

The steelers have someone who as I understand it does what leavy does in buffolo, director of player personal i think? Kevin Colbert?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='722413' date='Nov 7 2008, 09:17 PM']nails what? the only place marvin goes is to the combine....[/quote]

Bull. Marvin goes to the combine, senior bowl, college workouts etc, and then they bring people in for interviews before the draft too.

So yeah, there is some catchup.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='722336' date='Nov 7 2008, 02:58 PM'][url="http://bengals.enquirer.com/2002/12/22/wwwben1mike1.html"]Louis Breeden[/url]

:lol:

Fail.[/quote]

How do you figure? Kitna played every snap that year, assured Carson didn't get burned in his first year, had us ahead in the 1 playoff game we went 8-8 (All Carson and the team have really managed) and he's been the starter for years now on a streaky but at times productive Detroit offense.

And I hate Kitna.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='722878' date='Nov 10 2008, 09:40 PM']How do you figure? Kitna played every snap that year, assured Carson didn't get burned in his first year, had us ahead in the 1 playoff game we went 8-8 (All Carson and the team have really managed) and he's been the starter for years now on a streaky but at times productive Detroit offense.

And I hate Kitna.[/quote]

The letter is from 2002. It was before Palmer was drafted.
He said Kitna is your man, he is your QB.

And Kitna didn`t come close to what Carson and the team managed.
Carson actually led the team to the playoffs.

And Kitna has sucked in Detriot too. <===period

[quote name='GoBengals' post='722870' date='Nov 10 2008, 09:57 PM']\has nothing to do with good heathly players right? whos the titans gm? they are undefeated... they are a shitty run organiztion without a GM... they fucking suck cause they dont hve a GM.. the bills are in first place.. do they have a GM?[/quote]

Mike Reinfeld is the GM here and has done a pretty decent job personel-wise as the team has transformed from a Pac-manic mess to a contender.
He was not loved his first season after Floyd Reese was canned but they love him now..
Bottom line is that GM is not do-all end-all but you continue to support the status quo in Cincy and the quo must go..

[quote name='Ben' post='722999' date='Nov 11 2008, 02:04 PM']Only in Cincinnati is one winning season in almost 20 years a "sign of success" and "doing it the right way". Cinci has just had bad luck all this time....[/quote]

What annoys me about the argument that any particular Bengals season's results are due to "bad luck" (usually assigned to injuries) is that it relieves the management of responsibility. If teams results are just due to luck, then Mike Brown is blameless and Paul Brown deserves no praise. I call BS on that argument. Paul Brown won because he was a winner. Mike Brown loses because he is a loser.

Archived