!!! THE OFFICIAL RAVENS @ BENGALS GAME THREAD !!!

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728664' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:21 PM']Willie is being a different player in Baltimore than
he was in Cincinnati. Now if you don`t want to
believe that, then that's on you.

Also, do you really think Willie would have made much,
if any difference to this season, or this game? Ecspecially
with the attitude he had.

And did you really need to see them play against the
Ravens today to see the Ravens are a better team than
the Bengals are right now?

Why, did you give your friends the site address ?[/quote]

Maybe Willie is a different player (attitidude wise) because he's on a winning team? Maybe all of these players that keep leaving arent the "cancers" they are made out to be and maybe people get tired of losing and tired of the way this orginization at the top cant seem to get out of the way of themselves? Maybe we need to stop blaming the players that leave and saying they have bad attitidudes or are cancers, and put the blame on the way this orginization is run which seems to drive out its best players because they dont to all that they could be doing to surround those players with good teamates so they dont have to do it all themselves. How many players have to leave before we realize that? Dillon was a cancer, Anderson had a bad attitude, Chad (if and when he does leave) was a cancer.... what player will it be that leaves before people stop blaming these players? Carson has a contract till '13, think he'll want to stay around here if this orginization is still being run the same way?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728667' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:27 PM']Maybe Willie is a different player (attitidude wise) because he's on a winning team? Maybe all of these players that keep leaving arent the "cancers" they are made out to be and maybe people get tired of losing and tired of the way this orginization at the top cant seem to get out of the way of themselves? Maybe we need to stop blaming the players that leave and saying they have bad attitidudes or are cancers, and put the blame on the way this orginization is run which seems to drive out its best players because they dont to all that they could be doing to surround those players with good teamates so they dont have to do it all themselves. How many players have to leave before we realize that? Dillon was a cancer, Anderson had a bad attitude, Chad (if and when he does leave) was a cancer.... what player will it be that leaves before people stop blaming these players? Carson has a contract till '13, think he'll want to stay around here if this orginization is still being run the same way?[/quote]
Something to think about for sure Jamie.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728667' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:27 PM']Maybe Willie is a different player (attitidude wise) because he's on a winning team? Maybe all of these players that keep leaving arent the "cancers" they are made out to be and maybe people get tired of losing and tired of the way this orginization at the top cant seem to get out of the way of themselves? Maybe we need to stop blaming the players that leave and saying they have bad attitidudes or are cancers, and put the blame on the way this orginization is run which seems to drive out its best players because they dont to all that they could be doing to surround those players with good teamates so they dont have to do it all themselves. How many players have to leave before we realize that? Dillon was a cancer, Anderson had a bad attitude, Chad (if and when he does leave) was a cancer.... what player will it be that leaves before people stop blaming these players? Carson has a contract till '13, think he'll want to stay around here if this orginization is still being run the same way?[/quote]

BINGO! You nailed it! :applaud:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728667' date='Nov 30 2008, 03:27 PM']Maybe Willie is a different player (attitidude wise) because he's on a winning team? Maybe all of these players that keep leaving arent the "cancers" they are made out to be and maybe people get tired of losing and tired of the way this orginization at the top cant seem to get out of the way of themselves? Maybe we need to stop blaming the players that leave and saying they have bad attitidudes or are cancers, and put the blame on the way this orginization is run which seems to drive out its best players because they dont to all that they could be doing to surround those players with good teamates so they dont have to do it all themselves. How many players have to leave before we realize that? Dillon was a cancer, Anderson had a bad attitude, Chad (if and when he does leave) was a cancer.... what player will it be that leaves before people stop blaming these players? Carson has a contract till '13, think he'll want to stay around here if this orginization is still being run the same way?[/quote]

No. Going to winning team wasn`t it.
Because the Ravens weren`t winning when he got there.
It was having to start over that did it.

And look, you can blame the organization for shit all you want.
The thing is, the players that were thought to be cancers,
continued to throw jabs at the Bengals. The players that weren't, didnt.

And all the player you mentioned were some of the highest
paid players at their positions.

Now you can blame the Front Office, but when do you start
expecting Professional Football players to act professional
and HELP make their team better?

It is easy to go to a good team and make them great.
But it takes a truly great player to help make a bad team great.

Good points Jamie, but if you are going to put Chad Johnson in there... I'd think again.

He IS a cancer.

Period.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728672' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:38 PM']No. Going to winning team wasn`t it.
Because the Ravens weren`t winning when he got there.
It was having to start over that did it.

And look, you can blame the organization for shit all you want.
The thing is, the players that were thought to be cancers,
continued to throw jabs at the Bengals. The players that weren't, didnt.

And all the player you mentioned were some of the highest
paid players at their positions.

Now you can blame the Front Office, but when do you start
expecting Professional Football players to act professional
and HELP make their team better?

It is easy to go to a good team and make them great.
But it takes a truly great player to help make a bad team great.[/quote]

Old I love ya man but you are the guy that will stay on the SS Minnow till the bitter end.

Im not going to stop rooting for this team, and Ill likely still go to the ravens/bengals game in bmore (untill it becomes unbearable, which is getting close) but come on. You think maybe these players take "jabs" because they have friends on the team they want to see do well for themselves in spite of them not being on the team anymore?

edit: Also the ravens were only two years removed from 13-3.

i agree with everything you said there and have for years. it's not the players, it's mike brown and his way of doing business. it's only natural that the performance level these guys give wears down in time. i'm sure they feel like "why should I give a fuck when management doesn't?"

the "cancer" is mike brown.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='728673' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:38 PM']Good points Jamie, but if you are going to put Chad Johnson in there... I'd think again.

He IS a cancer.

Period.[/quote]

agree to disagree

Chad has done less than Corey ever did as a "cancer"

[quote name='bengaled' post='728676' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:43 PM']i agree with everything you said there and have for years. it's not the players, it's mike brown and his way of doing business. it's only natural that the performance level these guys give wears down in time. i'm sure they feel like "why should I give a fuck when management doesn't?"

the "cancer" is mike brown.[/quote]

i mean if its draining on us as fans, i cant imagine how draining it is on these guys

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728678' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:43 PM']agree to disagree

Chad has done less than Corey ever did as a "cancer"[/quote]
Really?

What the hell do you call this past off season? What do you call what he has done since the playoff loss in 06?

Corey Dillon NEVER did what Chad did, Carl Pickens never did what Chad did...

Where the fuck have you been?

Chad Johnson is the WORST cancer this team has ever had as a player.

Of course Mike Brown is the cause of all evil though, and has been since 1991.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='728680' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:49 PM']Really?

What the hell do you call this past off season? What do you call what he has done since the playoof loss in 06?

Corey Dillon NEVER did what Chad did, Carl Pickens never did what Chad did...

Where the fuck have you been?

Chad Johnson is the WORST cancer this team has ever had.[/quote]

Let me know when Chad says he would rather flip burgers than play here.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728675' date='Nov 30 2008, 03:42 PM']Old I love ya man but you are the guy that will stay on the SS Minnow till the bitter end.[/quote]

What?

[quote]Im not going to stop rooting for this team, and Ill likely still go to the ravens/bengals game in bmore (untill it becomes unbearable, which is getting close) but come on. You think maybe these players take "jabs" because they have friends on the team they want to see do well for themselves in spite of them not being on the team anymore?[/quote]

Do whatever and think whatever you like.
I am not here to tell you otherwise.

I have my own beliefs, opinions and views.
To act like it is "OK" for players that are some of the
highest paid players at the positions, to have shitty attitudes,
feel entitled, be locker room cancers is not something I will
ever blame the Front Office for. Some of the best Bengals
players in history never did, and still don`t talk shit about
this Franchise. So I don`t think they are idiots. I think they
are/were professionals, that did everything that was asked
of them, and sometimes more. I think how the player
acts , is on the player. There is no one else to blame.
They are grown men. They are paid to play football, and help
their team win games. If the team doesn`t win, they should look
in the mirror. Not point fingers, bitch whine and moan.
That's the job of a lot of fans here. Not millionaire players.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728679' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:44 PM']i mean if its draining on us as fans, i cant imagine how draining it is on these guys[/quote]

sure it is, after giving their blood, sweat, and tears many times over....you just wear down. that's not to say they don't want to win. just that in time, it limits their ability needed to give that little "something extra". after all, they never see that "something extra" given from the head of the franchise. it's minor league compared to our competition.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728683' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:52 PM']What?

Do whatever and think whatever you like.
I am not here to tell you otherwise.

I have my own beliefs, opinions and views.
To act like it is "OK" for players that are some of the
highest paid players at the positions, to have shitty attitudes,
feel entitled, be locker room cancers is not something I will
ever blame the Front Office for. Some of the best Bengals
players in history never did, and still don`t talk shit about
this Franchise. So I don`t think they are idiots. I think they
are/were professionals, that did everything that was asked
of them, and sometimes more. I think how the player
acts , is on the player. There is no one else to blame.
They are grown men. They are paid to play football, and help
their team win games. If the team doesn`t win, they should look
in the mirror. Not point fingers, bitch whine and moan.
That's the job of a lot of fans here. Not millionaire players.[/quote]

They are human beings, not robots, I dont care how much a person is paid, they still will get upset or angry and will express that.

[quote name='bengaled' post='728684' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:52 PM']sure it is, after giving their blood, sweat, and tears many times over....you just wear down. that's not to say they don't want to win. just that in time, it limits their ability needed to give that little "something extra". after all, they never see that "something extra" given from the head of the franchise. it's minor league compared to our competition.[/quote]

pretty much

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728687' date='Nov 30 2008, 03:58 PM']They are human beings, not robots, I dont care how much a person is paid, they still will get upset or angry and will express that.[/quote]

No, being a professional is being a professional.
But you are right though, being a professional
should be expected no matter what they are
getting paid.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728682' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:50 PM']Let me know when Chad says he would rather flip burgers than play here.[/quote]
Chad said he didn't want to play here and wanted to be let go or traded on national TV NUMEROUS times this past off-season.
Chad said he wouldn't play if he wasn't traded.
Chad said he would play in the Arena League rather than play in Cincinnati.
Chad told numerous TV and radio stations that he wanted to play for different teams... Miami, Dallas, Washington...etc.

You don't think what he did was worst than Dillon?

Wow... unbelievable, that's all I can say to that.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728691' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:00 PM']No, being a professional is being a professional.
But you are right though, being a professional
should be expected no matter what they are
getting paid.[/quote]

LOL

are you really going to tell me you never bitch about your job ever?

you see the difference is you can quit and go elsewhere, when these guys sign a contract the only way out for alot is to bitch, as it does work for teams sometimes.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728690' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:00 PM']i dont blame him[/quote]

Of course you don`t.

You think it is OK to act like you are pissed about
the team not winning, after you just collected $16 million
from them, and blame it all on the Front Office, but not
blame yourself for the drops, fumbles and lack of effort
in the offseason and during the season.

"NO THEY CANT BAN ME IAM FOCUSED IAM CHAD JOHNSON 2 IAM A REAL NIGER MAN IAM THE BEST THIS FUCKING TEAM MAN THEY BRING ME TO CRY MAN YEA MOTHER FUCKER I WAS 4 YEARS BENGALS FAN WHAT THEY DO MAN THEY PLAY LIKE BICTHES I WOUL FUCK YOUR FACE RIGHT NOW MAN STFU DONT TALK SHIT TOO MUCH IF SAY ONE MORE THINK IAM GONNA pissing.gif ON YOUR FACE BRO! "

And again, this nubbin has an account because.... ??

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='728693' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:02 PM']Chad said he didn't want to play here and wanted to be let go or traded on national TV NUMEROUS times this past off-season.
Chad said he wouldn't play if he wasn't traded.
Chad said he would play in the Arena League rather than play in Cincinnati.
Chad told numerous TV and radio stations that he wanted to play for different teams... Miami, Dallas, Washington...etc.

You don't think what he did was worst than Dillon?

Wow... unbelievable, that's all I can say to that.[/quote]

and do you think he would have said any one of those things had this team been winning?

i dont

but i know, i know...it was all about the money.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728696' date='Nov 30 2008, 05:03 PM']Of course you don`t.

You think it is OK to act like you are pissed about
the team not winning, after you just collected $16 million
from them, and blame it all on the Front Office, but not
blame yourself for the drops, fumbles and lack of effort
in the offseason and during the season.[/quote]

i dont know why i bother

Archived