!!! THE OFFICIAL RAVENS @ BENGALS GAME THREAD !!!

[quote name='bengaled' post='728579' date='Nov 30 2008, 03:24 PM']manning would look like puke with that OL.

and per long term discussions.... i've seen NOTHING from collins to suggest he could be a starter in this league. well, maybe for us he could.

i also doubt we have any chance of retaining benson. why would he resign here?[/quote]

yeah i think the collins as a starter for the future talk can end now.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728585' date='Nov 30 2008, 03:27 PM']yeah i think the collins as a starter for the future talk can end now.[/quote]
Nate Livings has been beat like a red headed step child. Who is starters for the future though ? They all look bad.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728575' date='Nov 30 2008, 02:23 PM']Old come on man, they were not playing well even before that giants game.

This oline is horrible, even with the starters in.[/quote]

*sigh*

There have been a few posts about this now.

I am not saying the O-line has been great.
Or really even good. I think the skill positions
hurt more than the O-line did though.

Now disagree if you want. But I am done talking about it.

I stopped watching. Stopped the recording, turned off the television, everything. I pay an extra $100 to watch this team play in HD, I'm fuckin' retarded. I can only imagine how all you feel that actually pay to watch them play in person, but at least you get the fun of going out and doing something. I pay to watch, in my own house, a team play like absolute garbage.

Yeah, bring on all the injury excuses, etc. but when do the excuses stop? We are injured every year, or something. What is wrong with this team? How does it get fixed. It's not even fun to watch. They are not competitive.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728589' date='Nov 30 2008, 03:29 PM']*sigh*

There have been a few posts about this now.

I am not saying the O-line has been great.
Or really even good. [color="#FF0000"]I think the skill positions
hurt more than the O-line did though.[/color]

Now disagree if you want. But I am done talking about it.[/quote]

I do disagree, but we dont have to talk about it, it's pretty obvious.

[quote name='bengaled' post='728590' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:29 PM']exactly, as he does every game. i can't see any way we resign him. it would be masochistic, on his part.[/quote]

But he is developing brain damage from the pounding, so he is likely to make a stupid decision.

[quote name='steggyD' post='728591' date='Nov 30 2008, 03:29 PM']I stopped watching. Stopped the recording, turned off the television, everything. I pay an extra $100 to watch this team play in HD, I'm fuckin' retarded. I can only imagine how all you feel that actually pay to watch them play in person, but at least you get the fun of going out and doing something. I pay to watch, in my own house, a team play like absolute garbage.

[b]Yeah, bring on all the injury excuses, etc. but when do the excuses stop? We are injured every year, or something. What is wrong with this team? How does it get fixed. It's not even fun to watch. They are not competitive.[/b][/quote]

Amen to that ! Best post in forever.

[quote name='steggyD' post='728591' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:29 PM']I stopped watching. Stopped the recording, turned off the television, everything. I pay an extra $100 to watch this team play in HD, I'm fuckin' retarded. I can only imagine how all you feel that actually pay to watch them play in person, but at least you get the fun of going out and doing something. I pay to watch, in my own house, a team play like absolute garbage.

Yeah, bring on all the injury excuses, etc. but when do the excuses stop? We are injured every year, or something. What is wrong with this team? How does it get fixed. It's not even fun to watch. They are not competitive.[/quote]

comfortable lead :rofl:

a 3 point lead would make me comfortable against this offense.

BTW, the Ravens have 15 on IR, compared to our 17.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='728594' date='Nov 30 2008, 02:31 PM']I do disagree, but we dont have to talk about it, it's pretty obvious.[/quote]

The whole conversation started about the beginning
of the season, and how the O-line got Carson hurt.
I said the O-line got Carson hurt in 2004 and 2005 too then.

The O-line isn`t the only part of the Offense that
provides pass protection.

Chris Perry missed all kinds of blocks, reads and cuts.

Yes, the O-line wasn`t great last season.
But they didn't allow a lot of sacks. And they
were still a top 10 Offense last season. And it
is basically the same O-line that played last season.

So now disagree, because I am done talking about it.
Because it isn`t the same O-line that is out there now.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728600' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:37 PM']The whole conversation started about the beginning
of the season, and how the O-line got Carson hurt.
I said the O-line got Carson hurt in 2004 and 2005 too then.

The O-line isn`t the only part of the Offense that
provides pass protection.

Chris Perry missed all kinds of blocks, reads and cuts.

Yes, the O-line wasn`t great last season.
But they didn't allow a lot of sacks. And they
were still a top 10 Offense last season. And it
was basically the same O-line that played last season.

So now disagree, because I am done talking about it.
Because it isn`t the same O-line that is out there now.[/quote]

You already said you were done talking about it, but still responded. Admit it, you're a last wordist. :D

Soloman Wilcotts said it best earlier...

They showed the graphic where we had the most on IR with 17, and then that was followed by New Orleans with 16 and Baltimore with 15.
He then pointed out that both the others were in the playoff hunt due to their talent level.
Totally true, and then he pointed out that our losing guys like Pollack, Thurman...etc put us in a major bind. We just don't have the talent level to be able to afford losing ANYONE, let alone 17 people.

Our FO hasn't done a good enough job scouting talent, building a talent base, and then when the little talent we have is injured... then we're screwed.

We have no room for error.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='728598' date='Nov 30 2008, 02:35 PM']BTW, the Ravens have 15 on IR, compared to our 17.[/quote]

The Bengals have cut 5 players from IR.
So they have had more than just 17 players IRd.

And our best player hasn`t been IRd or playing for 2 months now.
But whatever, they're just excuses to people that
do nothing but laugh and/or bitch.

Anyone else laugh when they heard Utecht was injured?

I lol'd.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728604' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:42 PM']The Bengals have cut 5 players from IR.
So they have had more than just 17 players IRd.

And our best player hasn`t been IRd or playing for 2 months now.
But whatever, they're just excuses to people that
do nothing but laugh and/or bitch.[/quote]

The ones that were cut were complete shit, shouldn't have been on this club to begin with.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='728601' date='Nov 30 2008, 02:39 PM']You already said you were done talking about it, but still responded. Admit it, you're a last wordist. :D[/quote]

Not really. Jamie jumped in at the end and said
something I felt the need to respond too.

I have been talking about a shitty O-line
to avoid a shity game. So isn't that shitty?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='728606' date='Nov 30 2008, 03:44 PM']Anyone else laugh when they heard Utecht was injured?

I lol'd.

The ones that were cut were complete shit, shouldn't have been on this club to begin with.[/quote]

I didnt laugh I had already assumed he was injured

Archived