!!! THE OFFICIAL RAVENS @ BENGALS GAME THREAD !!!

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='728525' date='Nov 30 2008, 03:52 PM']I'm not sure what you guys are trying to argue exactly, but our O-line has been absolutely horrible all year. Carson was getting killed.[/quote]

We aren't really arguing...we actually somewhat agree...lol. Since all the bandwagoners are gone, it's pretty quiet during game threads...so someone has to do some talking. It's always fun to shoot the breeze with the Oldster.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728529' date='Nov 30 2008, 02:59 PM']Well is started out about Carson being killed because of the O-line.

I disagree. I having so many skill position players miss
most/ all of Training Camp and preseason, and so many
more being banged up to start the season is what killed.

Also, Perry and Utecht missed a lot of blocks.
Perry missed a lot of cuts. It wasn`t all on the O-line.[/quote]

All of that is true, but I haven't seen our O-line get ANY push at any time this year, and more often than not they don't even hold their ground.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='728536' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:04 PM']All of that is true, but I haven't seen our O-line get ANY push at any time this year, and more often than not they don't even hold their ground.[/quote]

x2

Sometimes I go watch some footage from 2005 to remind me what a competent offensive line looks like. Carson had all day back then.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='728535' date='Nov 30 2008, 02:03 PM']We aren't really arguing...we actually somewhat agree...lol. Since all the bandwagoners are gone, it's pretty quiet during game threads...so someone has to do some talking.[b] It's always fun to shoot the breeze with the Oldster.[/b][/quote]

I think that is the first time I have ever read that on this board.
I don`t even know how to react or respond.

:rsju31uh9:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, another 3 and out and 0-9 on 3rd downs today . . .

Jesus. I was watching intently during the first half, then...I "needed" to fold laundry (meaning: I didn't "have to" but I needed to quit paying so much attention to this miserable display of embarrasing football), but...I had the game on in the background, listening...man, it isn't getting any better.

Our team is just plain terrible, hurt and poorly coached. I don't know what kind of excuses can be made for that, but it sure sucks from where I am sitting.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='728546' date='Nov 30 2008, 03:10 PM']Jesus. I was watching intently during the first half, then...I "needed" to fold laundry (meaning: I didn't "have to" but I needed to quit paying so much attention to this miserable display of embarrasing football), but...I had the game on in the background, listening...man, it isn't getting any better.

Our team is just plain terrible, hurt and poorly coached. I don't know what kind of excuses can be made for that, but it sure sucks from where I am sitting.[/quote]

Haha...I "needed" to do dishes, and I come back down after just missing a TD, and just in time to catch the last one.

Yay.... :mellow:

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='728538' date='Nov 30 2008, 11:05 PM']x2

Sometimes I go watch some footage from 2005 to remind me what a competent offensive line looks like. Carson had all day back then.[/quote]

I watch like 3-4 games/week and it just makes me even more confused about our situation. I see teams to play solid offence with no running game, with backups, with bad line, against good defences. There is huge gap between us and next worst offence to be honest. Our schedule is tough but college team would do as much damage on offence as we do.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='728511' date='Nov 30 2008, 02:34 PM']Sorry, but that's a weak arguement.

The O-line got Carson hurt in 2004 and 2005 too.

And the Pats got Tom Brady hurt this season.

Anyway, 40% of THIS offensive line wasn`t starting
at the beginning of the season.[/quote]

A weak arguement? What's the other side exactly? You're saying that Carson was just unlucky to have been sacked 6 fucking times in one game? Bullshit. I get that you guys like to think that everything is just randomly against the Bengals, but it's not. The Bengals constantly make their own bed.

The guys they worked with through training camp and preseason were starting. The O-line had everyone they planned on having, including a franchise player, and sucked balls.

You can think whatever you want, but Carson was getting hit every play and already had a broken nose. I completely blame the o-line for his injury this year. I'm hoping he doesn't come back until that shit gets fixed.

Archived