:wave:

Man, what a game managing generic offense rely on your running game and reley on your defense and can't win anything throwing 30 or more attempts Super Bowl winning drive that was.

I can't wait for the NFL Network replay, the NFL Network 2008 Steelers Super Bowl show. I can't wait to buy a bunch of Super Bowl crap.

Most of all I can't wait to say "6" over and over and over and over again until it is matched.

I'm out

[img]http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a1/fullj.df2c863face81ec66b0df1783d3847b0/df2c863face81ec66b0df1783d3847b0-getty-amfoot-nfl-superbowl-roethlisberger.jpg[/img]

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='743835' date='Feb 2 2009, 02:08 AM']:wave:

Man, what a game managing generic offense rely on your running game and reley on your defense and can't win anything throwing 30 or more attempts Super Bowl winning drive that was.

I can't wait for the NFL Network replay, the NFL Network 2008 Steelers Super Bowl show. I can't wait to buy a bunch of Super Bowl crap.

Most of all I can't wait to say "6" over and over and over and over again until it is matched.

I'm out

[img]http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/a1/fullj.df2c863face81ec66b0df1783d3847b0/df2c863face81ec66b0df1783d3847b0-getty-amfoot-nfl-superbowl-roethlisberger.jpg[/img][/quote]

Congrats...

I will say with your tongue - planted - firmly - in - your - cheek comments regarding the generic offense, etc.... did you listen to Jerome Bettis before the game talking about Ben before the last super bowl? He even said that all they asked him to do was manage the game, not lose it, and when he wasn't throwing worth a damn Whisenhunt started calling reverse passes, etc. to get other people throwing it!!!

I thought it was pretty funny. He played well last night.

What was the final penalty yardage in the game? The last I'd seen was Cardinals 96, Steelers 26... doesn't that seem somewhat odd to you? I mean, at least a little?

Just got my answer... 106 to 56...

I would say Ben is probably one of the greatest at extending the play, but the way the recievers react and get open for him make him a good QB. Ben, i don't think, is a very good pocket passer. But the way he extends the play and gets it to the open reciever is what he did last night and its what won the game for him. And boy did Santonio bail him out last night.

[quote name='JC' post='743888' date='Feb 2 2009, 11:48 AM']I would say Ben is probably one of the greatest at extending the play, but the way the recievers react and get open for him make him a good QB. Ben, i don't think, is a very good pocket passer. But the way he extends the play and gets it to the open reciever is what he did last night and its what won the game for him. [b]And boy did Santonio bail him out last night.[/b][/quote]

While I agree...

that was a hell of a throw... and the fade on the play before that was as well, Holmes let it go right through his hands.

Both of those were about 5-6 inches out of the reach of the defenders.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='743835' date='Feb 2 2009, 01:08 AM']:wave:

I'm out[/quote]

One of my best friends is a Stealers fan. He said he felt odd that people would congratulate HIM for the Stealers Super Bowl victory. After all, he didn't have anything to do with it. He said it felt weird.

Say 6 as much as you want. You didn't have anything to do with it. The Stealers don't even know who you are. Your favorite division of a corporation won a trophy. You did nothing.

Go ahead and watch your NFL replays over and over again. I guess it makes you feel better about yourself to watch others achieve something. Have fun!

[quote name='sois' post='743907' date='Feb 2 2009, 01:05 PM']One of my best friends is a Stealers fan. He said he felt odd that people would congratulate HIM for the Stealers Super Bowl victory. After all, he didn't have anything to do with it. He said it felt weird.

Say 6 as much as you want. You didn't have anything to do with it. The Stealers don't even know who you are. Your favorite division of a corporation won a trophy. You did nothing.

Go ahead and watch your NFL replays over and over again. I guess it makes you feel better about yourself to watch others achieve something. Have fun![/quote]

Sour grapes make the best whine.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='743923' date='Feb 2 2009, 02:05 PM']Congratulations, Stealer fans. I may hate your team, but it's a hate bred more out of jealousy than anything else. Well, [s]a lot[/s] [b]most[/b] of your fans are assholes, too, but whatever.

Congratulations.[/quote]

FIFY...

[quote name='sois' post='743920' date='Feb 2 2009, 01:58 PM']Yeah, what did I say that wasn't 100% true?[/quote]

Saying that a fan shouldnt take pleasure in their favorite team's success because they didnt play in the game is just retarded...and it shows that you are basically just jealous, I feel bad for you, so just keep on :cry:

[quote name='Cat' post='743939' date='Feb 2 2009, 03:33 PM']Nope, the only one I will say 'congrats' to is this man:

[img]http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02423l23lv1mf/340x.jpg[/img]

Fuck the rest of them! :D[/quote]

I always like Lebow too. He was a shitty head coach, but good coordinator.

[quote name='oftt4' post='743931' date='Feb 2 2009, 03:47 PM']Saying that a fan shouldnt take pleasure in their favorite team's success because they didnt play in the game is just retarded...and it shows that you are basically just jealous, I feel bad for you, so just keep on :cry:[/quote]

Trying to talk sense about why certain people pick their teams is idiotic. The teams people pick to root for is completely arbitrary.....

Lets count the ways people choose teams.

1. Hometown team or you live close and you could always see their games.
2. A family member(dad/uncle) was a fan and you followed right along.
3. You liked them cuz they won alot and that would make you a bandwagon fan unless you started liking them pre 1974.....
4. I like to root for underdogs.....do you?
5. You like their colors.
6. You pick them cuz someone else hates them to get under their skin.

so lets not act like there is any sense or effect anyone has by picking the team they root for...the only thing I have respect for is people who stick with their teams through thick and thin......

Fan = Fanatic which in it and of itself makes the person unstable on what they are fanatic about.

[quote name='oftt4' post='743931' date='Feb 2 2009, 02:47 PM']Saying that a fan shouldnt take pleasure in their favorite team's success because they didnt play in the game is just retarded...and it shows that you are basically just jealous, I feel bad for you, so just keep on :cry:[/quote]

You can take all the pleasure you want, but why do you feel you earned the right to talk shit based on something you had no part of?

Yes, feel happy your team won. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. But gloating based on another man's accomplishments.... LAME!

When the Bengals win the Super Bowl, I will be very happy, but I am not going to act like a douchebag Stealers fan who acts like they had something to do with it. You are a nobody and there isn't a single person at the Stealers organization who likes you or knows who you are.

HA HA!

[quote name='sois' post='743956' date='Feb 2 2009, 05:03 PM']You can take all the pleasure you want, but why do you feel you earned the right to talk shit based on something you had no part of?

Yes, feel happy your team won. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. But gloating based on another man's accomplishments.... LAME!

When the Bengals win the Super Bowl, I will be very happy, but I am not going to act like a douchebag Stealers fan who acts like they had something to do with it. You are a nobody and there isn't a single person at the Stealers organization who likes you or knows who you are.

HA HA![/quote]

:cry:

Where exactly did I "talk shit"?

My only response was to say that you are an idiot, which isnt talking shit, it is simply pointing out a fact.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='743889' date='Feb 2 2009, 11:57 AM']that was a hell of a throw... and the fade on the play before that was as well, Holmes let it go right through his hands.[/quote]
That was an awesome throw. I think as Bengal fans we should probably conceed to the fact that Ben is indeed a pretty damn good QB. While not a very good pocket passer, he is one of the best ever at avoiding a sack and making a play. I think Arians offense fits right into what Ben does best too, which makes him look even better. I thought the run set Ben up, but with Willie doing not shit last night, it showed Ben can do well. He wasn't very good at the start, but he finished it well. It's a very well run organization and i hope we can get to the point where we can win on a consistent basis like them.

I do not think he is as pure of a QB as Carson, I think only Peyton and Tom are on the same level as Carson at being a pure pocket passer. It would be interesting to see what Carson could do with the same talent level and maybe a offensive coordinator that is more innovative.

For the record, i think the steeler fans that come around here are far superior to some of the shit we have had in the past. Ones that would on a constant bases make fun of Carson's knee and such.

[quote name='JC' post='743972' date='Feb 2 2009, 07:41 PM']That was an awesome throw. I think as Bengal fans we should probably conceed to the fact that Ben is indeed a pretty damn good QB. While not a very good pocket passer, he is one of the best ever at avoiding a sack and making a play. I think Arians offense fits right into what Ben does best too, which makes him look even better. I thought the run set Ben up, but with Willie doing not shit last night, it showed Ben can do well. He wasn't very good at the start, but he finished it well. It's a very well run organization and i hope we can get to the point where we can win on a consistent basis like them.

I do not think he is as pure of a QB as Carson, I think only Peyton and Tom are on the same level as Carson at being a pure pocket passer. It would be interesting to see what Carson could do with the same talent level and maybe a offensive coordinator that is more innovative.

[b]For the record, i think the steeler fans that come around here are far superior to some of the shit we have had in the past. Ones that would on a constant bases make fun of Carson's knee and such.[/b][/quote]

Hence my statement that 'most' of their fans are assholes...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='743977' date='Feb 2 2009, 09:01 PM']Hence my statement that 'most' of their fans are assholes...[/quote]
I didn't mean that towards you at all. I just meant it to the above bitching.

• 6 months later...

Archived