American students kicked off campus for wearing American flag shirts

BengalRep85-9

[quote name='Elflocko' date='10 May 2010 - 02:23 PM' timestamp='1273515788' post='887425']
Go's kids will [b]not[/b] grow up to be douche waffles...
[/quote]

Did you notice his Mexican flag flying on his flagpole outside his new house in one of the pics from his thread?

I noticed.

His garage also doubles as a take-out burrito stand, [i]El Loco Gringo's Burritos[/i].

[quote name='GoBengals' date='10 May 2010 - 02:12 PM' timestamp='1273515124' post='887421']
they were a group of kids, who wore american flag shirts and BANDANAS to school... [color="#FF0000"]who the FUCK wears an american flag bandana to school? no one does[/color]..

clearly they were starting shit and thought SURELY no one would call them on their bullshit...

and they did...

shoulda let them get their ass beat or something...

theyd likely not do it again..

now mommy rednecks is up in arms cause little billy got sent home for being a fuckwad..

the kids should be suspended and the parents beaten with rods..

get a fucking grip and act responsible.
[/quote]

It's a rival gang to MS-13, it's called USA-1

:ninja:

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='10 May 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1273506322' post='887401']
So if someone takes something the wrong way (like you are with regard to my "insult") then they are the one with the problem?

Futher, if it were as simple as that and there wasnt the AZ law (which is still debateable about it doing with illigals and not leagals that may have that "look") then I would be in complete agreement with you, but the extenuiating circumstances are more than that and you are ignoring that imo.

But as I said I am done with the argument, you arent going to change my mind, and Im not going to change yours, so again lets move on.
[/quote]

You have rights in this Country, to not ever be offended is not one of them.

But that wasn't my point. I think you knew that though.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='10 May 2010 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1273515124' post='887421']
they were a group of kids, who wore american flag shirts and BANDANAS to school... who the FUCK wears an american flag bandana to school? no one does..

clearly they were starting shit and thought SURELY no one would call them on their bullshit...

and they did...

shoulda let them get their ass beat or something...

theyd likely not do it again..

now mommy rednecks is up in arms cause little billy got sent home for being a fuckwad..

the kids should be suspended and the parents beaten with rods..

get a fucking grip and act responsible.
[/quote]

I send my twins to school everyday with American flag bandanas on.

AMERI-CUH . . .FUCK YEAH!

[quote name='oldschooler' date='10 May 2010 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1273524808' post='887471']
You have rights in this Country, [b]to not ever be offended is not one of them.[/b]

[/quote]

On this we can agree...

[quote name='oldschooler' date='10 May 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1273524808' post='887471']
You have rights in this Country, to not ever be offended is not one of them.

[/quote]

My point is you cant have it both ways.

You cant say that your interpretation of my intent matters in your offense to it, and that the mexican american students interpretation of the kid's intent doesnt matter in their offense of it.

Plus come on old, I really was trying to offend, if I was you know I could do better than that. :on_the_quiet:

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='10 May 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1273526522' post='887477']
My point is you cant have it both ways.

You cant say that your interpretation of my intent matters in your offense to it, and that the mexican american students interpretation of the kid's intent doesnt matter in their offense of it.

Plus come on old, I really was trying to offend, if I was you know I could do better than that. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/on_the_quiet.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Sure I can have it both ways. I was trying to have a conversation.
You said my viewpoint/opinion was naive, right off the bat. Without
any explaination at all. I took it as an insult. You made your feelings
known about me before. Big deal. Again, that's your MO.

I have already had my say on the other topic. I look at it like
someone being offended for people wearing Bengals gear
at PBS. No matter how you spin it, the American flag is the
"home team". And again, why is a foreign holiday being
celebrated in an American high school in the first place?
If they weren't celebrating it, then students wearing American
flag clothes that day, or any day, would not have mattered.
But hey. Let's blame the American kids for wearing American flag stuff.
Call them names, send them home and act like they did something wrong.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='10 May 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1273528352' post='887480']
Sure I can have it both ways. I was trying to have a conversation.
You said my viewpoint/opinion was naive, right off the bat. Without
any explaination at all. I took it as an insult. You made your feelings
known about me before. Big deal. Again, that's your MO.

I have already had my say on the other topic. I look at it like
someone being offended for people wearing Bengals gear
at PBS. No matter how you spin it, the American flag is the
"home team". And again, why is a foreign holiday being
celebrated in an American high school in the first place?
If they weren't celebrating it, then students wearing American
flag clothes that day, or any day, would not have mattered.
But hey. Let's blame the American kids for wearing American flag stuff.
Call them names, send them home and act like they did something wrong.
[/quote]

You cant have it both ways, but whatever I'm moving on.

[quote]WASHINGTON—In a decisive and vulgar 7-2 ruling, the U.S. Supreme Court once again upheld the constitution's First Amendment this week, calling the freedom of expression among the most "inalienable and important rights that a motherfucker can have."

"It is the opinion of this court that the right to speak without censorship or fear of intimidation is fundamental to a healthy democracy," Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg wrote for the majority. "Furthermore, the court finds that the right to say whatever the hell you want, whenever the hell you want, is not only a founding tenet, but remains essential to the continued success of this nation."

Added Ginsburg, "In short, freedom of speech means the freedom of fucking speech, you ignorant cocksuckers."

Enlarge Image

The decision came Monday in response to the case of a Charleston, WV theater troupe that had been sued by city officials for staging a sexually explicit play with public funds. Reversing the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals' decision, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the theater, an outcome free-speech advocates are calling a victory and Justice Ginsburg called "a bitch-slap in the face of all those uptight limp-dicks."

The ruling in City of Charleston v. The Kanawha Players marks the first time in 220 years that the nation's highest court has taken such a fiercely profane stance.

During oral arguments, Charleston's chief counsel Dan Roy said his clients could restrict any public speech they deemed offensive, an argument quickly dismissed by Justice John Paul Stevens, 90, who turned to his colleagues and made a repeated up-and-down hand motion intended to simulate masturbation.

"I'm beginning to wonder if you really understand what 'abridging the freedom of speech' means at all," said Stevens, a 34-year veteran of the court known for his often-nuanced interpretations of the First Amendment. "I'm also wondering whether you and your fat-faced plaintiffs over there need to have some respect for constitutionally protected expression fucked into your empty hick skulls."

Justice Clarence Thomas, who voted with the majority, wrote a concurring opinion in which he made little mention of established court precedents but emphasized that he himself had viewed materials "way, way nastier than this stupid play."

"I don't know what kind of bullshit passes for jurisprudence down in the 4th Circuit these days," Thomas wrote. "But those pricks can take their arguments about speech that 'appeals only to prurient interests' and go suck a dog's asshole."

Added Thomas, "Just suck it. Get in there and seriously suck it."

Writing in dissent, however, Justice Antonin Scalia contemplated the limits of the constitutional guarantee of free speech.

"The court has an interest in protecting meaningful human communication, which is jeopardized when every other word out of someone's mouth is 'F this' or 'F that,'" Scalia wrote. "In practice, such an expansion of free expression becomes far too unwieldy and large to accommodate."

To which Justice Ginsberg immediately replied, "Yeah, that's what his mom said."

Conservative constitutional scholars have criticized the Supreme Court's decision, calling it not only a license to provoke, but also an act of provocation in itself, one that saw several justices repeatedly refer to the plaintiffs as "fuckwits," "asshats," and "cumsacks" before informing them that with their appeals exhausted, their only remaining legal recourse would be to "piss up a rope or take two fists in the mommy slot."

More than 18 months after the suit was first brought against the theater group, defense lawyers said the road to the Supreme Court was "hard as shit," but well worth it.

"This is a historic victory for free speech, and I wouldn't be surprised if, a hundred years from now, the hallowed walls of this court bear an inscription taken from the eloquent decision handed down today," lead defense attorney Carl Huddleston said. "Particularly the phrase 'That which erodes human rights serves to erode humanity, fuckface.'"[/quote]

http://www.theonion.com/articles/supreme-court-upholds-freedom-of-speech-in-obsceni,17372/

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='10 May 2010 - 05:10 PM' timestamp='1273529458' post='887485']
You cant have it both ways, but whatever I'm moving on.
[/quote]

I can. I did. And I explained why. And both situations are different anyway.
Did I have you removed from the board?

So yes, please move on.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='10 May 2010 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1273535844' post='887507']
That's not moving on.
[/quote]

you crack me up, "winning" an argument for you is getting the last word, ive said that before and you just proved it again.

anyway you can have "the win" in what will be a response to this

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='10 May 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1273536448' post='887514']
you crack me up, "winning" an argument for you is getting the last word, ive said that before and you just proved it again.

anyway you can have "the win" in what will be a response to this
[/quote]

Not winning anything. Just stating my opinion like you.

You chose to respond to my first post.
And have said you were moving on a few times now.
But you still feel compelled to respond. Either be a part
of the conversation, or please move on, like you
have said you are. Saying simply "whatever" is doing neither.

Archived