Reds NLDS Game Thread!

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1286767234' post='929457']
Reds pitching give up 13 runs in the series, 6 of them unearned, and another 3 that should have been classified as unearned. :sigh:

The good thing is that a lot of young guys got playoff experience. This team wasn't winning it all, but the experience will be invaluable next year.
[/quote]

The pitching (outside of Volquez start) was good enough to beat the Phillies.
The problem is the errors and lack of hitting.
People will blame it on the youth, but most of those errors came from veteran players.

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1286766890' post='929455']
sigh

somebody go back to tuesday and tell votto and rolen the playoffs start wednesday.

15 years for a sweep is terribly disappointing.
[/quote]

Losing in the playoffs...whether 1 year or 15 years removed...is always disappointing.

But your opponent won 4 straight division titles, was looking for their 3rd straight trip to the NLCS,has been to the World Series two years in a row, and at nearly the top of their collective games (well, except hitting) coming in.

Small solace, I know, but the Reds are a good, young, team so I would expect them to return to the post-season next year.

Tip of the cap to ya!

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1286807479' post='929620']
Losing in the playoffs...whether 1 year or 15 years removed...is always disappointing.

But your opponent won 4 straight division titles, was looking for their 3rd straight trip to the NLCS,has been to the World Series two years in a row, and at nearly the top of their collective games (well, except hitting) coming in.

Small solace, I know, but the Reds are a good, young, team so I would expect them to return to the post-season next year.

Tip of the cap to ya!
[/quote]

Good post. I wont be rooting for your team, but good luck to you.

Kudos to the reds pitching staff. They really held a dangerous lineup in check. It was the defense and offense that let down.

[quote]

History shows that you can win a World Series with dominant pitching. But life is always better if you can hit the ball too. Which the Phillies didn't really do in their three games against the Reds: [b]They hit .212/.301/.273. with only four extra base hits in the whole series.[/b][/quote]

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/nice-win-and-all-but-the-phillies-may-want-to-take-extra-batting-practice.php

first off, fuck 1181! and second, i meant no disrespect towards the reds. im simply saying that they just fucking beat us! it sux, i wanted us to go to the world series. i was just stating that the game is over. i typed that as soon as the game ended! i guess not putting a sad face next to it making you guys think im rooting for the phillies!

[quote name='Bungle In the Jungle' timestamp='1286910058' post='930247']
first off, fuck 1181! and second, i meant no disrespect towards the reds. im simply saying that they just fucking beat us! it sux, i wanted us to go to the world series. i was just stating that the game is over. i typed that as soon as the game ended! i guess not putting a sad face next to it making you guys think im rooting for the phillies!
[/quote]

hey, you've chosen to be the class clown, and no one ever respects the class clown. Don't blame others for the path YOU'VE chosen to take.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1286921995' post='930317']
hey, you've chosen to be the class clown, and no one ever respects the class clown. Don't blame others for the path YOU'VE chosen to take.
[/quote]

what i don't respect is someone that talks down to everyone and think he knows it all. like i said, go fuck yourself! :) I can be what ever i want to be. you don't need to tell me who i am or what i do.

[quote name='Bungle In the Jungle' timestamp='1286923625' post='930327']
what i don't respect is someone that talks down to everyone and think he knows it all. like i said, go fuck yourself! :) I can be what ever i want to be. you don't need to tell me who i am or what i do.
[/quote]

yea I hate those kind of people too! I challenge you to find any post I've ever made where I've claimed to be an expert at anything or a know it all. There's a reason I use "IMO" in most of my posts.

I'm just a novice with an opinion.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1286923863' post='930328']
yea I hate those kind of people too! I challenge you to find any post I've ever made where I've claimed to be an expert at anything or a know it all. There's a reason I use "IMO" in most of my posts.

I'm just a novice with an opinion.
[/quote]

are you serious? you never talk down to people on here? I know a few that quit posting cause of you! all you do is argue and piss some off! you have picked your share of fights here quite a lot with some posters and don't even deny that. any who, I can care less if you respect me. I tried to be nice with you but you wanna throw it in my face. everyone on here is a stranger until you meet them! thats how i became friends with a lot of guys on here.

[quote name='Bungle In the Jungle' timestamp='1286924030' post='930329']
are you serious? you never talk down to people on here? [b]I know a few that quit posting cause of you! all you do is argue and piss some off! you have picked your share of fights here quite a lot with some posters and don't even deny that.[/b] any who, I can care less if you respect me. I tried to be nice with you but you wanna throw it in my face. everyone on here is a stranger until you meet them! thats how i became friends with a lot of guys on here.
[/quote]

Have I never been a dick? Sure I have, not many here can say they haven't. Being dickish and acting like you're better than people are two different things.

I'm not trying to get you to want me to respect you. You are what you are. But don't think you can pull little bullshit stunts like your name change and think people should have any respect for you.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1286924367' post='930332']
Have I never been a dick? Sure I have, not many here can say they haven't. Being dickish and acting like you're better than people are two different things.

I'm not trying to get you to want me to respect you. You are what you are. But don't think you can pull little bullshit stunts like your name change and think people should have any respect for you.
[/quote]

Once again, I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU OR OTHERS THINK OF ME ON A INTERNET SITE? WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU GET? your the one that said "and you wonder why people don't respect you?" I've actually never wondered that on a INTERNET SITE! COMPREHENDE AMIGO?

[quote name='Bungle In the Jungle' timestamp='1286924584' post='930334']
Once again, I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU OR OTHERS THINK OF ME ON A INTERNET SITE? WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU GET? your the one that said "and you wonder why people don't respect you?" I've actually never wondered that on a INTERNET SITE! COMPREHENDE AMIGO?
[/quote]

Si Senor. I actually agree, you shouldn't care.

Archived