!!!THE OFFICIAL BENGALS @ FALCONS GAME THREAD!!!

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1287951810' post='933959']
again, the benson fumble doesn't even happen and totally changes the complexion of the game if our $118M QB makes a wide open throw to the receiver and doesn't throw it out of bounds...which happened twice on long balls today, BTW. he's paid the kind of money where he HAS to make those wide open throws. so you can choose to make up whatever excuse you want to for him or not. BUT THOSE ARE THE FACTS!

...and you need to learn a little bit more about the game of football, which appears to be lacking from your poor assessment of this play, before you start questioning any other fan's IQ.
[/quote]

TO had a chance to bring that last one down in bounds.

But you can't really blame this game on Carson. If our defense did ANYTHING today, we win.

[quote name='John~Galt' timestamp='1287951267' post='933935']
YES they almost completed a LOW PERCENTAGE PLAY. That was not NEARLY as devastating as Benson's FUMBLE or the defense giving up 39 points yet you all piss your pants and whine about Palmer.
[/quote]

that's another point you apparently fail to understand. that's not a low percentage pass play for an average NFL QB, WHEN THE MAN IS THAT WIDE OPEN! throw it anywhere to his front side, where you don't turn the WR around, keeping the ball in bounds in the process, and it's an easy 6 points. every contention you've made about this play is off base.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1287952125' post='933972']
TO had a chance to bring that last one down in bounds.

But you can't really blame this game on Carson. If our defense did ANYTHING today, we win.
[/quote]

not the way carson had him turned around coming back for a ball thrown to the wrong side. it was pretty remarkable he even caught it. it was the ball's placement that made his second foot land on the line.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1287952184' post='933975']
Horrible Sack on last play. Abraham took his helmet off which should have been a penalty.
[/quote]
He took it off because he was ready for Whitworth to finish him off after that reach around he gave him.

Well..Unless they can come back from Oblivion i give up paying attention.. This season is done.. I have 99 other things to do on Sundays anyway.. Next week i won't bother or till the end of the season and if they manage to come back then I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm damned fucking sure not holding my breath. All I am now thinking of is a BUNCH of high draft picks who can actually fucking play and the entire coaching staff needs to go.. every fucking one of them from Marvin to Zimmer to brat to Simmons.. Clean fucking house and bring in someone who can motivate these pussies....but we all know that ain't happening.
I'm off to go follow my alternate team who won.. KC..

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1287951810' post='933959']
again, the benson fumble doesn't even happen and totally changes the complexion of the game if our $118M QB makes a wide open throw to the receiver and doesn't throw it out of bounds...which happened twice on long balls today, BTW. he's paid the kind of money where he HAS to make those wide open throws. so you can choose to make up whatever excuse you want to for him or not. BUT THOSE ARE THE FACTS!

...and you need to learn a little bit more about the game of football, which appears to be lacking from your poor assessment of this play, before you start questioning any other fan's IQ.
[/quote]
:41:

[quote name='StripedCrusader' timestamp='1287952366' post='933981']
Well..Unless they can come back from Oblivion i give up paying attention.. This season is done.. I have 99 other things to do on Sundays anyway.. Next week i won't bother or till the end of the season and if they manage to come back then I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm damned fucking sure not holding my breath. All I am now thinking of is a BUNCH of high draft picks who can actually fucking play and the entire coaching staff needs to go.. every fucking one of them from Marvin to Zimmer to brat to Simmons.. Clean fucking house and bring in someone who can motivate these pussies....but we all know that ain't happening.
I'm off to go follow my alternate team who won.. KC..
[/quote]
Ok bye nobody will miss you. Just go ahead and make your "alternate" team your main team. Then when the Chiefs suck again you can jump to whatever other team is in 1st place at the time

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1287952027' post='933968']
The facts: both were catchable balls.

Seems like you're like the other typical Carson bashers. Expect a 100% pass on every play. Sometimes the receiver just needs to make the catch on a catchable ball.
[/quote]
ball placement made the guy correct his route, keeping him from getting his second foot down in bounds. just what do you expect out of TO? he has totally beaten his man, he recorrects his route to the underthrown ball to the wrong side. then that change of momentum doen't allow him to get his 2nd foot down in bounds without breaking his fucking leg.

carson has to make that throw. he had plenty of time to make that throw. it changed the whole complexion of the game. he had a helluva day, and you KNOW i'm not a carson palmer basher. but he needs to make those throws better than he threw the ball there. there was a lot of blame to go around today. the defense played like shit. but no matter any of that, when your HOF WR gets open with that kind of a margin, yopu have to get the ball to him on the correct side and don't lead him out of bounds.

[quote name='niles' timestamp='1287952303' post='933977']
that one pass is the sole reason for this loss?

it wasn't the shitty play as a whole in the first half, nor the lackluster defense(except for a few drives).
[/quote]

no, read what i said. it changed the complexion of the game.

Can't blame Carson for this one. The TO pass was behind him and would have been a great catch but it was one play. Plenty of other good plays out there. Still too many stupid mistakes and Jo Jo out hurt us. Outplayed pure and simple.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1287953270' post='934004']
Can't blame Carson for this one. The TO pass was behind him and would have been a great catch but it was one play. Plenty of other good plays out there. Still too many stupid mistakes and Jo Jo out hurt us. Outplayed pure and simple.
[/quote]
Yep.

Take the agenda elsewhere if you're going to blame Carson today. He played well. How about if the defense could stop anything instead of impersonating cool whip trying to stop a semi-truck, maybe we would have been in a position to win.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1287952142' post='933973']
that's another point you apparently fail to understand. that's not a low percentage pass play for an average NFL QB, WHEN THE MAN IS THAT WIDE OPEN! throw it anywhere to his front side, where you don't turn the WR around, keeping the ball in bounds in the process, and it's an easy 6 points. every contention you've made about this play is off base.
[/quote]

This was a LOW percentage play which means this type of pass is not completed very often.

The standard for a good or bad pass is whether or not the receiver has an opportunity to make the catch. TO clearly did and unfortunately ran out of room. It happens.

On the next play Benson shits his pants and fumbles away our opportunity to tie the game.

The defense proceeds to give up a sustained drive that ends in a touchdown making multiple missed tackles and assignment errors along the way.

And you whine about Carson's pass on that ONE play.

It is easy to blame the most visible player on the football field, but sometimes you have to look a little deeper.

BTW, Shipley is a fucking stud and TO was a great pickup pure and simple. Kinda having Blake, Pickens and Scott flashbacks. Plenty of weapons, lots of great plays but more times than not we lost.

The TO play was on first down. It was not a critical play but could have been a huge one. Game was still well within reach until the fumble.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1287953062' post='933996']
ball placement made the guy correct his route, keeping him from getting his second foot down in bounds. just what do you expect out of TO? he has totally beaten his man, he recorrects his route to the underthrown ball to the wrong side. then that change of momentum doen't allow him to get his 2nd foot down in bounds without breaking his fucking leg.

carson has to make that throw. he had plenty of time to make that throw. it changed the whole complexion of the game. he had a helluva day, and you KNOW i'm not a carson palmer basher. but he needs to make those throws better than he threw the ball there. there was a lot of blame to go around today. the defense played like shit. but no matter any of that, when your HOF WR gets open with that kind of a margin, yopu have to get the ball to him on the correct side and don't lead him out of bounds.
[/quote]

I'm not saying the pass was perfect. The pass was there however, and TO got both hands on it and had room to get both feet down. SO much so that TO was convinced it was a legal catch.

The poor throw by CP down the sideline, sucked the momentum out of the team.
Then the Benson fumble occured, and our third quarter mojo was gone.

Aside from that, how does this team come out THAT flat after a bye?
How do we accrue that many penalties, again?
How can we not get any semblance of a pass rush?
How can we not protect CP for more than one second?
How can Chad disappear for the entire 1st half?

Lots of questions...
Little hope left.

That third quarter sure was exciting, though.

[quote name='John~Galt' timestamp='1287953597' post='934013']
This was a LOW percentage play which means this type of pass is not completed very often.

The standard for a good or bad pass is whether or not the receiver has an opportunity to make the catch. TO clearly did and unfortunately ran out of room. It happens.

On the next play Benson shits his pants and fumbles away our opportunity to tie the game.

The defense proceeds to give up a sustained drive that ends in a touchdown making multiple missed tackles and assignment errors along the way.

And you whine about Carson's pass on that ONE play.

It is easy to blame the most visible player on the football field, but sometimes you have to look a little deeper.
[/quote]

no, it's not a low percentage pass in the NFL...not when the WR has his man beaten that bad. you're mistaken. and the failure of that play totally flipped the momentum we would have had going in our favor from that point on. so you can't necessarily say those other events would have taken place. you can guess in your mind, that they might have taken place, but you don't know that. we KNOW the fumble would not have transpired! that was a huge blow to the team when that happened and the momentum flipped to atlanta, thereafter. you can go on and on all day, but a starting QB in the NFL needs to complete that pass. throw it out there anywhere in front of the HOF WR, and it's 6 points. just don't throw the ball out of bounds, where the guy has to stop his momentum, then turn around the opposite direction, hopefully catch the ball, then try to keep both feet in bounds in the process.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1287953973' post='934029']
I'm not saying the pass was perfect. The pass was there however, and TO got both hands on it and had room to get both feet down. SO much so that TO was convinced it was a legal catch.
[/quote]

again, it doesn't have to be perfect. just don't throw the ball to the one place that ruins the play. other than that it's pitch and catch and the WR does all the work. as a QB you have to put the ball in a viable place so that can happen.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1287973992' post='934304']
no, it's not a low percentage pass in the NFL...not when the WR has his man beaten that bad. you're mistaken. and the failure of that play totally flipped the momentum we would have had going in our favor from that point on. so you can't necessarily say those other events would have taken place. you can guess in your mind, that they might have taken place, but you don't know that. we KNOW the fumble would not have transpired! that was a huge blow to the team when that happened and the momentum flipped to atlanta, thereafter. you can go on and on all day, but a starting QB in the NFL needs to complete that pass. throw it out there anywhere in front of the HOF WR, and it's 6 points. just don't throw the ball out of bounds, where the guy has to stop his momentum, then turn around the opposite direction, hopefully catch the ball, then try to keep both feet in bounds in the process.
[/quote]

And the fumble could have happened on the next play inside the 6and been run back for a td. You can't extrapolate things in football. It's kind of a moot point now anyway.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1287974275' post='934306']
again, it doesn't have to be perfect. just don't throw the ball to the one place that ruins the play. other than that it's pitch and catch and the WR does all the work. as a QB you have to put the ball in a viable place so that can happen.
[/quote]

you can't honestly think that the throw ruined that play. He did put it in a viable place. TO got both hands on it and made the catch.

I'm not gonna crap on TO for not getting his feet in bounds, but let's cut the BS hate for Carson. He put the pass in a position where the WR was able to make the catch.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1287974560' post='934308']
you can't honestly think that the throw ruined that play. He did put it in a viable place. TO got both hands on it and made the catch.

I'm not gonna crap on TO for not getting his feet in bounds, but let's cut the BS hate for Carson. He put the pass in a position where the WR was able to make the catch.
[/quote]

if you want to think that, fine.

Archived