Jerome Simpson says he met with Gruden and has new playbook in hand

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1297431581' post='969911']
LOL, Carson gets hit in the NFL. Shocker! Poor guy.
[/quote]
Lets be honest, he gets hit way more than the average QB. And WAAAAAYY more than the elite QBs.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are significantly worse when theye getting hit in a game like Carson does in every game.

[quote name='GoCommando' timestamp='1297437304' post='969945']
Lets be honest, he gets hit way more than the average QB. And WAAAAAYY more than the elite QBs.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are significantly worse when theye getting hit in a game like Carson does in every game.
[/quote]

He was apparently tied for 18th this season with 26 sacks.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1297438719' post='969953']
not every hit results in a sack.

He got knocked down at least 15 times in the Jets game alone. Probably more. If he weren't in uniform they would call it a mugging.
[/quote]

this seasons numbers aren't even that important

i'd venture to guess his problem (assuming he does indeed have a problem with protection) is that it has happened consistantly over the last few years and was not addressed

He got knocked down at least 15 times in the Jets game alone. Probably more. If he weren't in uniform they would call it a mugging.
[/quote]

According to NFL.com, the Bengals offensive line gave up 28 sacks (24th most sacks)
and 73 quarterback hits (16th most hits). I wish he got sacked and hit less, but I'll still
dispute the quote that he gets hit way more than the average quarterback. It seems
he gets sacked less, and hit about average.

And I have no idea what argument is being made with Carson's hits. I just saw that
single post and wanted to say it's not right.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1297439367' post='969957']
According to NFL.com, the Bengals offensive line gave up 28 sacks (24th most sacks)
and 73 quarterback hits (16th most hits). I wish he got sacked and hit less, but I'll still
dispute the quote that he gets hit way more than the average quarterback. It seems
he gets sacked less, and hit about average.

And I have no idea what argument is being made with Carson's hits. I just saw that
single post and wanted to say it's not right.
[/quote]
Ok then. He gets hit way more than most of the elite QBs. Way more than he, me, and most of the fans are probably comfortable with. Way more than he should. Better?

[quote name='GoCommando' timestamp='1297437304' post='969945']

[/quote]

Actually that's complete bullshit. To imply that he gets "way" more means that he should be the most hit QB in the league and that the margin between him and the guy in 31st should be significant.

In 2010 he got hit 73 times (16th in the league). 19 of the 32 teams gave up 70+ hits on the QB. 27 out of the 32 team gave up 60+ hits.

So let's be honest about it.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' timestamp='1297395700' post='969859']
Hard not to keep loving this guy. His locker room interview after the Chargers win really showcased why I love this dude. He wants so bad to play and to help us win and is passionate as hell about football. Combine that with the talents he's blessed with and he might quickly become my favorite Bengal...
[/quote]

So did Chad when he first started, so did Carson.

[quote name='Harley' timestamp='1297435976' post='969936']
Agreed.

And I don't believe Carson's real choice is to quit football but rather a means to facilitate change.

I pose this:

Imagine [u]you[/u] were an absolute stud HS and college QB, winning championships throughout your life. Then, you were thought so highly of, you were awarded the Heisman trophy and picked #1 overall in the pro draft. You worked your ass off and kept your mouth shut in hopes of achieving success at the highest level.

After 8 years of trying, you come to grips with the fact that you are in an environment where success and achieving your goals is impossible. You now have maybe 3 good years left.

Do you:

A. Stay put and accept the fact that most likely you'll never be a champion again
B. Convince yourself and your family that it's all fair and just live with it
C. Don't give up your dream and try to make changes before it's too late

For anyone with real talent, determination to achieve the best, and pride, there is only one answer. Siding with the home team is one thing, and understandable, not seeing this side of it is ridiculous.
[/quote]
I think all of us have worked jobs we didn't like at some point. Some of us may be in careers we don't like but you gotta pay the bills so you do your job and keep your mouth shut. Nothing makes a bad situation worse than a whiny little bitch working next you the whole day. I know one thing I DON'T DO, I definitely don't walk away from $50 million that my kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, shit even charity could use. If Carson doesn't care about the money he should donate it to UNISEF or something but to leave $50 million in the coffers of a very rich man is just irresponsible.

[quote name='GoCommando' timestamp='1297442942' post='969971']
Ok then. He gets hit way more than most of the elite QBs. Way more than he, me, and most of the fans are probably comfortable with. Way more than he should. Better?
[/quote]

Not true. 27 out 32 teams gave up 60+ hits. Pending on the team that at worse is 13 times more. Over a 16 game season?????

Get the fuck out of here with that BS. That's less than 1 hit per game difference.

4 out of 5 that don't have 60+ gave up 52. That's 21 hits diffrence. Less than twice a game.

"Way more" would mean he ranks 32nd and there is a significant gap to 31.

It simply does not happen.

[/quote]

Right. So does every NFL QB get mugged in your opinion?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1297445611' post='969986']
like that game? Not even close.
[/quote]

So there's no NFL QB from this past season that's even close to being hit 15 times?

Really? Wasn't Cutler sacked like 9 times in a quarter or something?

The hits that were thrown up on the TV graphic for Sanchez and Ben were close. It was like 12 knockdowns in the 3rd I think.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1297444206' post='969975']
I think all of us have worked jobs we didn't like at some point. Some of us may be in careers we don't like but you gotta pay the bills so you do your job and keep your mouth shut. Nothing makes a bad situation worse than a whiny little bitch working next you the whole day. I know one thing I DON'T DO, I definitely don't walk away from $50 million that my kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, shit even charity could use. If Carson doesn't care about the money he should donate it to UNISEF or something but to leave $50 million in the coffers of a very rich man is just irresponsible.
[/quote]

:shrug:

Maybe he would like to see his children graduate before hip replacement surgery, or give his grand kids "horsey" rides......

I love how fans get all personal like an athlete owes them something or is somehow betraying them when he decides to walk away.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1297449467' post='970003']
So there's no NFL QB from this past season that's even close to being hit 15 times?

[b]Really? Wasn't Cutler sacked like 9 times in a quarter or something?[/b]

The hits that were thrown up on the TV graphic for Sanchez and Ben were close. It was like 12 knockdowns in the 3rd I think.
[/quote]

you said every NFL QB. Backtracking already?

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1297402910' post='969870']
pfffff..

not fixing the line getting your nose broken in PRESEASON, not fixing the line tearing up your thumb having to learn to hand off with the wrong hand, not fixing the line fucking up your elbow, spending your free time rehabbing instead of being with family and getting a break, refusing to get rid of the shithead receiver fucking up your day being an asshole all the time, fucking up routes, stopping on plays, dropping passes, not getting to the line to just fucking play, having worthless white trash "fans" yelling at your wife and kids in public and throwing trash on your lawn when your family lives...booing you breaking team records at home, booing you winning the division at home,

WHAT A QUITTER!!!

ALL QB's have to go through this for 8 years and years!!! eventually you get tired of being fucked over ruining your health, your happiness and your families well being and happiness.

[/quote]

Sometimes you are an enigma.

You rabidly support Bratkowski...but then bash the line he puts out there. You bash the receivers....but then support the playcalling that benefits not only them...but also the quarterback.

Now you seem to want to bang the drum for someone who has never once personally stated his reasons as to why he wants to be traded and/or leave the game of football.

You are not a Whodeyrevolutionary who seems to jerk off to the mythical premise that this is some power to the people protest which will bring down Mike F. Mubarak or some shit. And, at least in the past, you have held to the belief that contracted players are just that: contracted players. I seem to recall that you haven't cried rivers of sorrow for their perceived wrongs by the empirical evil organization.

So what is it?

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1297460526' post='970061']
Sometimes you are an enigma.

You rabidly support Bratkowski...but then bash the line he puts out there. You bash the receivers....but then support the playcalling that benefits not only them...but also the quarterback.

Now you seem to want to bang the drum for someone who has never once personally stated his reasons as to why he wants to be traded and/or leave the game of football.

You are not a Whodeyrevolutionary who seems to jerk off to the mythical premise that this is some power to the people protest which will bring down Mike F. Mubarak or some shit. And, at least in the past, you have held to the belief that contracted players are just that: contracted players. I seem to recall that you haven't cried rivers of sorrow for their perceived wrongs by the empirical evil organization.

So what is it?
[/quote]

I followed it pretty well. Defend Mike and Marvin until they fired Brat and set the franchise back 10 years. Now they are the devil and tried to kill Carson.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1297449703' post='970004']
I love how fans get all personal like an athlete owes them something or is somehow betraying them when he decides to walk away.
[/quote]

I honest to God don't give a flying fuck what he does. He doesn't owe me anything.

I would just like to be able to respect him for being courteous enough to the fans to explain his position [b]himself[/b] and not just go through his real estate agent.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1297460760' post='970063']
I honest to God don't give a flying fuck what he does. He doesn't owe me anything.

I would just like to be able to respect him for being courteous enough to the fans to explain his position [b]himself[/b] and not just go through his real estate agent.
[/quote]

you don't know that he won't, and you sure as hell don't know that he asked his real estate agent to say anything.

There's so much bullshit, hate, and unfounded speculation going around its fucking ridiculous. Yet every fan has their mind made up in someway and is throwing everyone and their mother under the bus without knowing a damn thing.

About 5 people know what's going on, and none of them post here. Everyone else knows shit.

Carson's a pussy.

Carson's just standing up to Mike about changes we all want.

Shaelyn's a bitch

Mike did this.

Marvin did that.

David Dunn's behind it.

He just wants to go to the west coast.

He just wants to win.

He cares about the money. He doesn't care about the money.

Its about the trash on his lawn.

Nobody knows shit. But everyone likes to think they do.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1297460986' post='970065']
you don't know that he won't, and you sure as hell don't know that he asked his real estate agent to say anything.

There's so much bullshit, hate, and unfounded speculation going around its fucking ridiculous. Yet every fan has their mind made up in someway and is throwing everyone and their mother under the bus without knowing a damn thing.

About 5 people know what's going on, and none of them post here. Everyone else knows shit.
[/quote]

You would be correct. I would just like the man to state his position one way or the other.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1297460986' post='970065']
Nobody knows shit. But everyone likes to think they do.
[/quote]

Does that include you? Or just everyone else?

Here is what we do know. Or at least what has been reported by people that's
job is to find shit out.

People threw shit on his yard.

People booed him.

Bratkowski wasn't an issue with Carson.

People said shit that pissed his old lady off.

His old lady isn't happy in Cincy.

He is building their dream home in California.

He wants to be traded to a West Coast team.

He just had his 3rd child in a little over 2 years.

So knowing those "facts" it is safe to assume a few other things
until Carson comes out and says otherwise.

What do you want, people to not comment or assume shit on
a Bengals message board about the biggest offseason issue
this team faces?

Archived