Jerome Simpson says he met with Gruden and has new playbook in hand

[quote name='unleashed' timestamp='1297650953' post='970424']
Wow, you are like the 10th person to put that same exact remark....congrats!
:2dedhorse: :2dedhorse: :2dedhorse: :2dedhorse: :2dedhorse:
[/quote]

Thank you thank you, I work weekdays as well as weekends available for birthday parties and Bar Mitzvahs

However I do not read through 10 pages of comments before I throw my .0002 cents worth in

PS, keep up your good work as hall monitor and one day you will be rewarded with a moderator position ;)

[quote name='Storm' timestamp='1297651928' post='970430']
Thank you thank you, I work weekdays as well as weekends available for birthday parties and Bar Mitzvahs

However I do not read through 10 pages of comments before I throw my .0002 cents worth in

PS, keep up your good work as hall monitor and one day you will be rewarded with a moderator position ;)
[/quote]

Do you bother to read at all? It's like you just click on a thread and shit out of your mouth and hit send

PS, STFU and keep your repetitive comments to yourself. Maybe you could start a thread of how you think Jerome can't grasp the playbook? The kid might have half your IQ but he's making as much as much as most of us do in a lifetime in 2 or 3 years of learning the playbook.

[quote name='unleashed' timestamp='1297669462' post='970440']
Do you bother to read at all? It's like you just click on a thread and shit out of your mouth and hit send

PS, STFU and keep your repetitive comments to yourself. Maybe you could start a thread of how you think Jerome can't grasp the playbook? The kid might have half your IQ but he's making as much as much as most of us do in a lifetime in 2 or 3 years of learning the playbook.
[/quote]

Wow I see the hate here is as bad as ever, you guys need to lighten up a bit.

BTW didn't I tell you guys how it was going to end up? ;)

[quote name='Storm' timestamp='1297651928' post='970430']

[/quote]

Please don't risk your career by using your A material here. Save it for the bar mitzvahs circuit.

[center][img]http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jerome+Simpson+Lardarius+Webb+Cincinnati+Bengals+A59MtAD0UQCl.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][img]http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/ohio/images/s/pro-football-hall-of-fame.jpg[/img][/center]

[size="5"][b]Jay Gruden gets to work on new playbook[/b]
[/size]Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 14, 2011, 12:43 PM EST

New Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden will run a version of a West Coast offense in Cincinnati, which will be a major change for the team. Former coordinator Bob Bratkowski ran more of a vertical passing approach.

Gruden says he's been hard at work putting together the team's new playbook, and plans to get the completed version to players before a potential March 4 lockout. Wide receiver Jerome Simpson went to meet Gruden to get a head start on learning the system and likes what he sees.

"The only thing I'm going to give away is [url="http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Simpson-books-back/b6a11dd2-98e7-4b54-b665-78f034a92a36"][color="#d81718"]it's going to be wide open[/color][/url]," Simpson told Bengals.com. "We're going to use the personnel and the talent we have. I can see it already and we haven't run a play yet."

One change Gruden will make from Bratkowski, according to Joe Reedy of the [i]Cincinnati Enquirer[/i]: [url="http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110211/SPT02/102120357/No-average-NFL-coach?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Bengals"][color="#d81718"]He'll call plays from the sidelines[/color][/url] rather than a booth. After a variety of jobs in the NFL (under his brother Jon) to the Arena Fooball League (as a G.M. and a coach) to the UFL last year, Gruden has definitive ideas of how to run a team.

And he shouldn't need to get up at 3:18 in the morning like his brother to pull it off.

"I'll do it if I have to, like if I'm behind and have to get my work done," Gruden told Reedy. ". . . Actually, there's going to be a lot to cover and I might have to start getting up [at 3 A.M.]"

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/14/jay-gruden-gets-to-work-on-new-playbook/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/14/jay-gruden-gets-to-work-on-new-playbook/[/url]

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1297694950' post='970467']
Please don't risk your career by using your A material here. Save it for the bar mitzvahs circuit.
[/quote]

have to have somewhere to practice my stuff so I can use it at bengals.com forums

If anyone remembers Chris Simms and I think it was Hey Rookie or something like that. John Gruden was riding him hard because he could not say the plays correctly.Jay is running the same offense that was in Tampa or close to it. It sounded pretty hard at least to say. Just wondering if the verb age will be the same. I remember Chucky sayin, I can teach the verb-age to my wife. Pretty funny.

One thing I hope Jay brings is that passion and fire. He has to have the players in any event to be successful.

[quote name='cpalmer2004' timestamp='1297868838' post='970881']
If anyone remembers Chris Simms and I think it was Hey Rookie or something like that. John Gruden was riding him hard because he could not say the plays correctly.Jay is running the same offense that was in Tampa or close to it. It sounded pretty hard at least to say. Just wondering if the verb age will be the same. I remember Chucky sayin, I can teach the verb-age to my wife. Pretty funny.

One thing I hope Jay brings is that passion and fire. He has to have the players any any event to be successful.
[/quote]

I remember that. I think the stuff I've also read though is that the verbage
may be tough for the quarterback, but that it's actually easier for the receiver...
Don't ask me how. Anything beyond "run to the Pinto, and cut left" is beyond
my football experience.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1297869481' post='970889']
I remember that. I think the stuff I've also read though is that the verbage
may be tough for the quarterback, but that it's actually easier for the receiver...
Don't ask me how. Anything beyond "run to the Pinto, and cut left" is beyond
my football experience.
[/quote]

the big difference I've noticed, if I understand the offense correctly, is that everything flows through the QB. You don't have WR's making adjustments on their own based on what they see like they did in Brats offense (which led to the miscommunicaitons between QB/WR). It all goes through the QB, and the QB tells the WR's to adjust their routes a certain way, rather than the system relying on both the QB and WR to see the same thing and make the same adjustment.

[quote name='Harley' timestamp='1297435976' post='969936']
Agreed.

And I don't believe Carson's real choice is to quit football but rather a means to facilitate change.

I pose this:

Imagine [u]you[/u] were an absolute stud HS and college QB, winning championships throughout your life. Then, you were thought so highly of, you were awarded the Heisman trophy and picked #1 overall in the pro draft. You worked your ass off and kept your mouth shut in hopes of achieving success at the highest level.

After 8 years of trying, you come to grips with the fact that you are in an environment where success and achieving your goals is impossible. You now have maybe 3 good years left.

Do you:

A. Stay put and accept the fact that most likely you'll never be a champion again
B. Convince yourself and your family that it's all fair and just live with it
C. Don't give up your dream and try to make changes before it's too late

For anyone with real talent, determination to achieve the best, and pride, there is only one answer. Siding with the home team is one thing, and understandable, not seeing this side of it is ridiculous.
[/quote]

Yeah that would make sense if Carson demanded to be traded to a WINNING team, but he didn't.

He asked to be traded to a WEST COAST team. Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona, and Oakland all SUCK. He has as much chance as winning here as he does with one of those teams.

Sure sounds like he's caving in to his wife's demands. It makes him looked like a pussy whipped wimp.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' timestamp='1298043266' post='971371']
Yeah that would make sense if Carson demanded to be traded to a WINNING team, but he didn't.

He asked to be traded to a WEST COAST team. Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona, and Oakland all SUCK. He has as much chance as winning here as he does with one of those teams.

Sure sounds like he's caving in to his wife's demands. It makes him looked like a pussy whipped wimp.
[/quote]

This is where it doesn't add up for me. You can't really say any of those teams have a better three-year outlook than the Bengals. Unless he really doesn't give a shit about winning as much as living where he and his wife want to.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' timestamp='1298043266' post='971371']

[/quote]

This can easily be argued otherwise.

Seattle- made playoffs last year and won in the first round.

San francisco- OK you got me here.

Arizona- seems like just yesterday they were in the superbowl. Seemed to just be missing a QB.

Oakland- 8-8 last year. Team that seems to be trending upwards.

Archived