2011 Reds Gameday Thread!

JBandJoeyV

This west coast trip is absolutely crucial if we want to seriously think this team can win the division.
A disastrous 2-8 or 1-9 and I think that will put us too far back, ffs the PIRATES are 1/2 game behind us.

This team needs to hit its stride and quickly. Not sure if the starting pitching will allow for it however.

Here's to a productive road trip to keep us in it :1062:

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1307651298' post='996763']
This west coast trip is absolutely crucial if we want to seriously think this team can win the division.
A disastrous 2-8 or 1-9 and I think that will put us too far back, ffs the PIRATES are 1/2 game behind us.

This team needs to hit its stride and quickly. [b]Not sure if the starting pitching will allow for it however.[/b]

Here's to a productive road trip to keep us in it :1062:
[/quote]
We need to get Homer back ASAP and hope he, Mike, Johnny and Edinson continue to pitch well.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1307658914' post='996775']
His defense has been pretty bad, almost if not as bad as Gomes. Hes faster but he doesnt judge balls well at all.
[/quote]
Yeah. I'd rather see Gomes out there. At least Gomes is a threat to get hot and have a 5 RBI game. Lewis is just not a very good ball player. Might as well just bring up Frazier or Alonso and stop being so stubborn Dusty.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1307661988' post='996783']
Yeah. I'd rather see Gomes out there. At least Gomes is a threat to get hot and have a 5 RBI game. Lewis is just not a very good ball player. [b] Might as well just bring up Frazier or Alonso and stop being so stubborn Dusty.[/b]
[/quote]

I'm not so sure that's Dusty's decision.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1307664194' post='996787']
I'm not so sure that's Dusty's decision.
[/quote]
It might not be, but Dusty was quoted that he wanted to stick with veteran's instead of going with the youth we have on the farm.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1307705898' post='996812']
Cueto is a stud and turning into the Ace I thought he could be.

Now lets get Bailey back and turn him into the ace he as hyped up to be.

And then get Volquez pitching like the ace talent he has and showed in 2008.

:)
[/quote]

And keep Mike Leake pitching like The Next Greg Maddux like people were saying this time last year.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1307760712' post='996911']
I know its early in the game...but there just seems something wrong with Travis Wood lately...
[/quote]

Fortunately was able to get out of the second without giving up a run, but has already given up 4 hits in two innings. Hopefully he'll get better as they game goes on.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1307769166' post='996921']
Send Stubbs to winter ball this off season with the instruction to bunt every single at bat.
[/quote]

Not a bad idea actually. I dont care if they throw him out every single time.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1307769475' post='996922']
How much are the Giants paying the home plate umpire?
[/quote]

Hes been so bad. But we have been playing worse. Then again both teams have played very poorly.

How many times have we had to hear "Thats a tough loss for the reds this year"...Im starting to get pessimistic on this season. Just no breaks going our way and not doing the little things like we did last year. Cant win close games.

Need leake to some how take down Lincecum tomorrow, but that is not a very good matchup.

By the way for those not following, we walked 3 guys in the 9th inning before giving up one hit to lose it. Thats just fucking awful.

[url="http://twitter.com/TomGroeschen"][b][color="#0a0501"]TomGroeschen[/color][/b][/url][url=""] [/url][url="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Reds"][color="#0a0501"]#Reds[/color][/url] now up 7-0 as Rolen hits sac fly. Lincecum final line: 4ip, 7h, 7r, 7er, 4bb, 1k; 73 pitches, 36 strikes

[url="http://twitter.com/TomGroeschen/status/79664126149935104"]4 minutes ago[/url]via [url="http://www.tweetdeck.com/"]TweetDeck[/url]

Archived