How many of you actually played real football

I played from 5th grade thru my Sophomore year, as a QB and Corner. I hurt my knee in 2 a days my sophomore year, and then re-injured it in track that year. Became a Athletic trainer for the school after that. I wasn't going thru knee surgery in the '70's, plus i knew I was going to at least get some money academically. Did finally have to go see the knife man in '89, but at least it was arthoscopically.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1311167169' post='1001858']
That's pretty cool. What school did you end up ging to?

Also, I have a funny football record. I started playing in 6th grade, played in 7th grade and quit midway through the season because I wasn't playing. I played soccer in 8th and 9th grade and then switched back to football in 10th grade. All my closer friends played soccer so it sucked for me but I wasn't meant for soccer; I was a football player. I was in the receiver rotation as a junior and started at split end as a senior and caught 3/4 our passes I'd assume and had 90% of the WR catches. We had no one else but my brother out there (he was a jr.) with me and they wouldn't give him a chance because we had 3 senior WR's (then the dude goes off his sr. year and gets 1st team all-state... how the hell do you catch 2-3 passes your jr. year and then get 1st team all-state the next??? crazy.) I also started weakside corner until our best player got back from suspension (I think I started 5 games?). Anyway, I went to Bluffton (DIII) to play, unrecruited, and started punt block; which was cool. They switched me to corner right before the games started and then to safety about halfway through the year. I was "punished" for not knowing the safety responsibilities and they took me off punt block so I asked not to be a part of the traveling team anymore (I also wanted to go watch my brother play that weekend because he was tearing shit up). I finished up the season and they never let me play again. I transferred to Wright State and finished school there.

The end.
[/quote]

I took a lesser offer and went to Northeastern in Boston. Almost went to UNM.

Didn't until my senior year of high school after transferring to a small town in central Texas. RDE & sometimes Sam LB. Head coach was one of those too-small-shorts types taking out his frustrations on everyone, encouraged headhunting and was generally the stereotypical drunken small-town dickhead football coach. If our DC hadn't been the exact opposite I probably would've quit.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1311239907' post='1002084']
Didn't until my senior year of high school after transferring to a small town in central Texas. RDE & sometimes Sam LB. Head coach was one of those too-small-shorts types taking out his frustrations on everyone, encouraged headhunting and was generally the stereotypical drunken small-town dickhead football coach. If our DC hadn't been the exact opposite I probably would've quit.
[/quote]
Damn he encouraged headhunting? fucking asshole. i remember going over the middle as a reciever and the safety blew my ass up and my helmet feell off

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1311270575' post='1002224']
Damn he encouraged headhunting? fucking asshole. i remember going over the middle as a reciever and the safety blew my ass up and my helmet feell off
[/quote]

Sure did. I remember this one kid breaking the other team's star RB's ankle. Not accidental either, he speared him on the ground but it was at the whistle.

Game ball.

I like to imagine the Steeler's locker room is much the same, only on steroids - literally and otherwise - and with a lot of extra gangster shit thrown in.

Tennis throughout HS. Second singles senior year, undefeated in our conference and won the conference tourney. Team MVP. But it was at a football powerhouse school (Canton McKinley) tho if that counts.

Played rugby for two years in college as a left prop. Whooped asses and drank beer, sometimes at the same time.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1311178267' post='1001932']
Al Bundy wears same number as Fulcher. #33 is awesome.
[/quote]

Did you know Al Bundy tried out for the Steelers as a linebacker! He tore his knee up during camp, if I remember correctly, and gave it up.

I played OT and DT (both ways) in high school, and DT in college.

played 8th grade thru highschool. started at D-end but played some linebacker as well as tightend. thru the first two games of my senior season i was the teams leading scorer cause i scored a touchdown in each of the first two games (one fumble, one interecption)and wound up 9th in the big bend (about 20 or so schools) in sacks. my junior year i was FSU DE brandon jenkins' backup tho i did get to start 4 games my junior year opposite him when the other DE got hurt, and let me tell you when the offense saw big 49 on one side and my 160 pound ass on the other side, you can guess which way they ran, i'd get 8-12 tackles every game that i started my junior year cause they ran as far away from jenk as possible

[quote name='bengalsfan850' timestamp='1311354340' post='1002498']
played 8th grade thru highschool. started at D-end but played some linebacker as well as tightend. thru the first two games of my senior season i was the teams leading scorer cause i scored a touchdown in each of the first two games (one fumble, one interecption)and wound up 9th in the big bend (about 20 or so schools) in sacks. my junior year i was FSU DE brandon jenkins' backup tho i did get to start 4 games my junior year opposite him when the other DE got hurt, and let me tell you when the offense saw big 49 on one side and my 160 pound ass on the other side, you can guess which way they ran, i'd get 8-12 tackles every game that i started my junior year cause they ran as far away from jenk as possible
[/quote]
So you were playing for FSU last year or the year before?

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1311357085' post='1002523']
I think he meant Jenkins was on his HS team?
[/quote]
I think I wanted him to be a college player so I can ask questions.

160 lbs. DE at FSU..... I thought sounded fishy but I wasn't going to doubt the man!

AND he said he played 8th through HS.

double whammy

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1311364961' post='1002545']
I think I wanted him to be a college player so I can ask questions.

160 lbs. DE at FSU..... I thought sounded fishy but I wasn't going to doubt the man!

AND he said he played 8th through HS.

double whammy
[/quote]

lol i meant in HS, the went to the only offer i had for college was the university of imaginary lol

I played when I was 8 and our qb was Mark Kotsay who has been in MLB for 12 years. I was the olb in pop warner. I played wr/cb in highschool and was all league which was cool because my best friend matt was our qb. Jc sucked because we ran the ball majority of time and I was like the Tom Waddle of jc football.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1311296457' post='1002315']
Sure did. I remember this one kid breaking the other team's star RB's ankle. Not accidental either, he speared him on the ground but it was at the whistle.

Game ball.

I like to imagine the Steeler's locker room is much the same, only on steroids - literally and otherwise - and with a lot of extra gangster shit thrown in.
[/quote]
lmao football is a dirty sport

Archived