How many of you actually played real football

I played up to freshman high school but was not tall enough to see over the OL so I retired. I wish I hadn't done that. Keep playing Elijah until they drag you away from the field (or until your wife says no mas).

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1311125753' post='1001793']
Well im just curious to know if any of you guys here ever played contact football with helmets etc for a team or whatnot
[/quote]
Played 7 years total, but nothing past high school... OL/DL.

Presently I'm an all millennium armchair QB/GM...

I played for about 10 seasons, and was named to the All-State Team of the Decade at both safety and running back.

I should probably point out that the state was Tasmania, and the league had between 2 to 4 teams over that decade. I'm not sure I would have even made it to a high- school team in the US.

I played from 3rd grade (Pop Warner) through 9th grade. Broke my foot in practice before sophomore season started. (I was a RB up until then). At the end of my sophomore year I tore my glute off the bone running the 110m hurdles and and missed my Junior year of football too. I missed football and the indoor track season, but really kicked ass during spring track season and wound up traveling all over the country running national track meets during the summer before my senior season started. Despite EVERYONES wishes, I played football my senior year and wound up an all conference receiver. I got some minor recruiting from schools, but I was getting full ride offers for track...It wasn't hard to make a choice.

[quote name='Dautcom08' timestamp='1311162881' post='1001835']
15 years. Starter at WR/PR for the 2002 Ohio Stave Div 1 State Champions.
[/quote]

Played for Elder, eh?

Boo!!!!!

j/k... played for Moeller, graduated in 1994, we lost to Ignatius in the 1993 state championship game - our only loss that year.

BTW, played high school and college - TE. Yep, guys who can actually block and catch... What I loved was being coached in high school by three former NFL players that knew that technique makes a lot of the difference. It isn't just about X's and O's or whatever - if you do it the right way you'll see significantly better results.

There's been some awesome answers.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1311129046' post='1001806']
I played up to freshman high school but was not tall enough to see over the OL so I retired. I wish I hadn't done that. [b]Keep playing Elijah until they drag you away from the field[/b] (or until your wife says no mas).
[/quote]

Listen to the man.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1311129230' post='1001807']
Played 7 years total, but nothing past high school... OL/DL.

[b]Presently I'm an all millennium armchair QB/GM[/b]...
[/quote]

I heard about your greatness...

[quote name='uniwildcat38' timestamp='1311130520' post='1001811']
I played for about 10 seasons, and was named to the All-State Team of the Decade at both safety and running back.

I should probably point out that the state was Tasmania, and the league had between 2 to 4 teams over that decade. I'm not sure I would have even made it to a high- school team in the US.
[/quote]

Hahaha. That's still awesome.

[quote name='8675309' timestamp='1311132605' post='1001817']
I played from 3rd grade (Pop Warner) through 9th grade. Broke my foot in practice before sophomore season started. (I was a RB up until then). At the end of my sophomore year I tore my glute off the bone running the 110m hurdles and and missed my Junior year of football too. I missed football and the indoor track season, but really kicked ass during spring track season and wound up traveling all over the country running national track meets during the summer before my senior season started. Despite EVERYONES wishes, I played football my senior year and wound up an all conference receiver. I got some minor recruiting from schools, but I was getting full ride offers for track...It wasn't hard to make a choice.
[/quote]

That's pretty cool. What school did you end up ging to?

Also, I have a funny football record. I started playing in 6th grade, played in 7th grade and quit midway through the season because I wasn't playing. I played soccer in 8th and 9th grade and then switched back to football in 10th grade. All my closer friends played soccer so it sucked for me but I wasn't meant for soccer; I was a football player. I was in the receiver rotation as a junior and started at split end as a senior and caught 3/4 our passes I'd assume and had 90% of the WR catches. We had no one else but my brother out there (he was a jr.) with me and they wouldn't give him a chance because we had 3 senior WR's (then the dude goes off his sr. year and gets 1st team all-state... how the hell do you catch 2-3 passes your jr. year and then get 1st team all-state the next??? crazy.) I also started weakside corner until our best player got back from suspension (I think I started 5 games?). Anyway, I went to Bluffton (DIII) to play, unrecruited, and started punt block; which was cool. They switched me to corner right before the games started and then to safety about halfway through the year. I was "punished" for not knowing the safety responsibilities and they took me off punt block so I asked not to be a part of the traveling team anymore (I also wanted to go watch my brother play that weekend because he was tearing shit up). I finished up the season and they never let me play again. I transferred to Wright State and finished school there.

The end.

Actually, I was a football star for the Polk High Panthers. I scored 4 TDs in a single game,
including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds. It was in the City Championship
against Andrew Johnson High School. I broke my leg and got married to some bitch named Peggy.
And that was the end of my football career.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1311163480' post='1001838']
Played for Elder, eh?

Boo!!!!!

j/k... played for Moeller, graduated in 1994, we lost to Ignatius in the 1993 state championship game - our only loss that year.

BTW, played high school and college - TE. Yep, guys who can actually block and catch... What I loved was being coached in high school by three former NFL players that knew that technique makes a lot of the difference. It isn't just about X's and O's or whatever - if you do it the right way you'll see significantly better results.
[/quote]

What college?

I never appreciated the tight end until (I know this is somewhat odd) I started playing flag football in Columbus when I transferred to Wright State. We didn't have "tight ends" but the stronger guys who could still run went down to the line to block (we were still eligible to catch). That's when I realized that lineman, TE's, and FB's are FAR more important than us specialty players. It gets damn brutal down there. Not a place for anyone who can't take a shot upside the head. You don't appreciate it until you do it. Every WR should be obligated to run 1 week of practice with the lineman.

From age 8 until end of HS.

Smaller guy...but always wanted to be a center. Bulked up as much as a 150 pounder could do. What I lacked in size, I made up for in Conrad Dobler-like alley cat meanness. Held my own. Did long-snapping too.

As was said before: keep playing, youngin. Play until you can't play anymore. Not won't play--can't.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1311167306' post='1001860']
Actually, I was a football star for the Polk High Panthers. I scored 4 TDs in a single game,
including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds. It was in the City Championship
against Andrew Johnson High School. I broke my leg and got married to some bitch named Peggy.
[/quote]

Last I heard, you were pretty well off financially and had some smokin' hot Colombian wife though. I would say you rebounded nicely.

Played until 7th grade but had to decide between Soccer and Football. Living in Centerville OH and only about 5' 120 in 8th grade I wasn't going to impress coach Gregg.... ever. I was way too small to play for Centerville at any position other than place kicker.

No complaints. Have been playing soccer for 38 years, got a full ride to college and still play on the weekends and indoor in the winter.

Loved football just didn't have the body until my senior year when I shot up to 6' 180 and still would not have cracked their starting lineup at any position. Some of the guys were red shirting in 8th grade just to be able to play and my parents were having none of that. They did win their conference 12 years in a row which is pretty sick.

Funny thing was my parents ended up sending me to Alter against my will in the end but their football team blew until Ed Domsitz showed up my senior year.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1311167306' post='1001860']
[/quote]

Don't you mean you played for Arlen High and that you have a narrow urethra ? :ninja:

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1311175129' post='1001911']
Don't you mean you played for Arlen High and that you have a narrow urethra ? :ninja:
[/quote]
A friend of mine told me that he was told by a co-worker who lived in TX that Hank depicts some Texans to a T.

Archived