Nickname Submission for Dalton: Megadeth Dalton

Dalton's Nickname  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Megadeth Dalton?

• Hell yeah, Mustaine would approve
    • No, I'm a pussy and listen to Dave Matthews

Not a huge Metal fan but at least they are actually playing instruments and have some anthems that will survive the test of time. Also, it really depends on your definition of Metal. Some would lump Black Sabbath, The Scorpians and AC/DC in there which I don't agree with. They are Hard Rock not Metal. Metallica, Iron Maiden and Megadeath are true Metal groups.

Techno is utter garbage. Some nerd making noise on a computer doesn't impress me. A bunch of crap nobody will remember 10 years from now.

Justin Bieber is Donny Osmond. His music will die, never to be heard again unless you are listening to a Muzak remix on an elevator. Pure teenie bopper crap.

Give me some Zeppelin or the The Who any day. 40 years later and their music still rules.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1317815256' post='1040495']
Techno is utter garbage. Some nerd making noise on a computer doesn't impress me. A bunch of crap nobody will remember 10 years from now.[/quote]

Unless of course you have Booger Pressley on the guitar...

[media='']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mRG2oAQhso[/media]

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1317815256' post='1040495']
Techno is utter garbage. Some nerd making noise on a computer doesn't impress me. A bunch of crap nobody will remember 10 years from now.
[/quote]

That's like saying some nerd sitting and scribbling little symbols on a piece of paper doesn't impress you...

Don't get too caught up in the physical mechanics of playing music.

When people go to see Beethoven's fifth, most of them don't give a shit who the lead violinist is.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1317822284' post='1040534']

That's like saying some nerd sitting and scribbling little symbols on a piece of paper doesn't impress you...

When people go to see Beethoven's fifth, most of them don't give a shit who the lead violinist is.
[/quote]

Unless it's a pulchritudinous Asian virtuosa

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1317822284' post='1040534']

[/quote]
Sorry, Most Techno is nothing more than canned music invented for dance clubs. Almost every song has the same beat with an over abundance of loud repetitive bass. Their is rarely any vocals and if there are, they usually have little or no meaning. Nothing more than dance music.

I spent 3 years living in Germany and had to put up with that shit in every club I visited. The unfortunate part was I was a member of the armed forces and couldn't dull the pain with weed or exctasy like the other 99% of the club goers. Most clubs had some mix Wolfgang at the local music store had put together and it would basically loop continuously for 4 hours at 100 decibels or so.

If it were not for the huge number of horny hot young girls dancing like fools, I would still have most of my hearing.

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1317853103' post='1040759']

Unless it's a pulchritudinous Asian virtuosa
[/quote]

And how come it's always the violin? Is there not even [i]one[/i] set of overbearing Asian parents out there to give their daughter a drum set or bassoon at age 4 instead?

Archived