The Good, Bad, and Ugly

The Good
Dalton is playing like a veteran
AJ Green - Dude is a stud
Gresham - Dude is a stud
Nuge - one hell of a FG
Dline - These guys are good
Tate - THAT's the kind of returning I want to see.

The Bad
Miscommunication by Crocker and Hall on that TD
The run blocking was more mediocre than bad but the Oline especially Livings on that one drive could have done better

The Ugly
The wind

Good: Dalton gets it done when it needs to be taken care of. I have faith in him when we need a score. That was a good defense out there, too. I'm proud of our young guys. We could have been a victim of our own hype, but nope. Pulled it in together.

Bad: Caldwell. He showed so much promise 2 years ago. He just looks confused out there sometimes. I want to like the guy, but fuck. He did run a real nice route to get us close to the endzone on that one TD drive with B Scott though.

[b]Good:[/b]

Dalton

2 RB set for the winning TD

Pass Rush

[b]Bad:[/b]

IMO Dunlap and MJ had poor games. Took bad angles on Gabbert a few times allowing him to scramble. Dunlap also missed MJD on a critical 3rd down.

That wind, yikes.

Oline had a tough day today in run blocking. Not good.

I wasn't a fan of the playcalling. I know you have to keep running it to an extent, but I thought the Bengals did a poor job of taking advantage of the wind when they had it.

Too many missed tackles on MJD. He deserves some credit on that though.

[b]Ugly:[/b]

my in-game coaching. I thought both 4th down conversions they should have taken the FG. Both drives ended in TD's.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1318191470' post='1042906']Yeah, why couldn't we get that guy? They're gonna have to work on that, because they were in good enough position to make plays at times where they didn't. Gabbert isn't very fucking good. Reminds me a lot of Big Ben, honestly.[/quote]
Am I glad the Bengals didn't draft that fool.

Dalton with 1 arm > Gabbert

[b]The Good:[/b]

Dalton: Continues to play well late in games

Green: Going to be one of the top 2 or 3 WRs in the league in a couple years

Gresham: Great hands and a great safety blanket

The team found a way to win.

[b]The Bad:[/b]

The long TD pass by the Jags.

The missed sacks

The running game.

Tate: Continues to make mental mistakes at times.

The lack of INTs. Only one in 5 games.

Lack of challenges by Marvin.

[b]The Ugly:[/b]

Livings: Missed several blocks and a few penalties.

Caldwell: The Ship injury is starting to hurt. Caldwell is just not getting it done in the slot.

Missed call by the refs

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1318192363' post='1042933']
[b]I don't think I've ever said this, but Whit got owned this week. [/b]

Defense... 2 plays.

The poise of AD is just amazing!
[/quote]

I didn't watch him too closely, but the one play where he gave up the sack the defender totally jumped offsides.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1318191404' post='1042904']

my in-game coaching. I thought both 4th down conversions they should have taken the FG. Both drives ended in TD's.
[/quote]
I disagree. Thought this was a well called game. With the wind, they deferred to the second half. Ended up with the wind in the right spot for the fourth quarter, when it matters most. Played hard D and soft O when the wind was not favorable. If it wasn't for that one big mistake by the D, giving up the passing TD, the game would've been called perfectly. Of course, Marvin should have challenged the down play, but the Jags did a good job at running the next play quickly.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1318191404' post='1042904']
[b]Good:[/b]

Dalton

2 RB set for the winning TD

Pass Rush

[b]Bad:[/b]

IMO Dunlap and MJ had poor games. Took bad angles on Gabbert a few times allowing him to scramble. Dunlap also missed MJD on a critical 3rd down.

That wind, yikes.

Oline had a tough day today in run blocking. Not good.

I wasn't a fan of the playcalling. I know you have to keep running it to an extent, but I thought the Bengals did a poor job of taking advantage of the wind when they had it.

Too many missed tackles on MJD. He deserves some credit on that though.

[/quote]

oh yea and one more:

[b]Bad[/b]

I'm really over the celebrating by the WR's every time the make a first down, and the dlinemen every time they make a tackle.

Bengals got away with two celebration penalties after TD's today too.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1318192531' post='1042937']

I didn't watch him too closely, but the one play where he gave up the sack the defender totally jumped offsides.
[/quote]

Ill have to watch it again but to me it looked like he moved at the exact right time as the ball snapped. It looked like a perfect play on his part.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1318192194' post='1042926']
Tate shouldn't be anywhere near the good list. He had a few good returns but even more poor returns/decisions.
[/quote]
You would think Simmons would tell him not to bring it our of the end zone 9 yards deep. He's not Hester

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1318192643' post='1042943']

Ill have to watch it again but to me it looked like he moved at the exact right time as the ball snapped. It looked like a perfect play on his part.
[/quote]
I'll have to watch it again too. But from the naked eye he clearly looked offsides

[quote name='bengalbutch' timestamp='1318193125' post='1042952']
You would think Simmons would tell him not to bring it our of the end zone 9 yards deep. He's not Hester

I'll have to watch it again too. But from the naked eye he clearly looked offsides
[/quote]

Seriously. I hope he's chewing him out

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1318193902' post='1042968']
The good: AJ Green. His body control is something that I have never seen before.
[/quote]

Yeah, for such a tall lanky looking dude, he's really agile, and good at moving his body to get extra yardage and to avoid the brunt of hits. I've been very very impressed

[quote name='bengalbutch' timestamp='1318193125' post='1042952']

[/quote]
That's what I saw live as well. Went back and watched it just now from the game tape. I watched it frame by frame. He clearly jumps early, and his head is over the line of scrimmage before the snap.
I think we had budget refs in this game because the NFL was looking for ones that could speak Spanish. I've never seen that ref before...

The UGLY:
Rey. I've watched the first half and he's just...not that good. He frequently shoots the wrong gap, get's caught up in the wash on run plays, and waits for plays to come to him. If you get the chance go back and watch the play where Gabbert scrambles and loses the ball at the goal line (should have been our ball). Rey just stops short instead of making the hit on Gabbert. I don't get it...

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1318196775' post='1042997']
The UGLY:
Rey. I've watched the first half and he's just...not that good. He frequently shoots the wrong gap, get's caught up in the wash on run plays, and waits for plays to come to him. If you get the chance go back and watch the play where Gabbert scrambles and loses the ball at the goal line (should have been our ball). Rey just stops short instead of making the hit on Gabbert. I don't get it...
[/quote]

Sorry, I don't agree.

Good:
D
D playcalling
Clutchosity
No quit
Some ballsy o play calling
Gresham and Green

Bad:
Dunlap
Benson's vision
Stubborn o play calling at times
Tate's inconsistency
Dalton's inaccuracy when his footwork breaks down

The ugly:
The refs seemed one sided. I swear whit's man was offsides 4 times.
If he was onside, then Dalton's hard snap needs help/increased usage.

MVP:
Huber

Archived