Holy shit guys, we're 5 and 2!

MichaelWeston wrote:

[quote]I still bet neither has a playoff win. Will you come back and say, "hey man you were right" later? How hard is it just to disagree and not say...."You don't know shit about football." [/quote]

That's a weird fuckin' measuring stick you have. Since a team must have "playoff wins" to be good, I am guessing you were as impressed as hell with Cincy beating Seattle yesterday on the road, since Seattle was a playoff team with a playoff win last year with the 3rd best home record overall in the NFL since 2002.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320104094' post='1054370']

Maybe there are a lot more bad teams this year. Something I definitely need to consider.
[/quote]
Saying that the 2005 team is better is at least a 1/2 wrong statement.

The 2005 offense was better, although I believe the current offense has a very high ceiling... higher than that of the 2005 team.

The 2005 defense was NOT as good as this team. The 2005 defense lived and died by the turnover, while the 2011 team actually makes better and more consistently good plays as part of their norm.

I also say the 2005 offense reached their peak that year and never equaled that success.

You think the Bills and 49ers are bad teams, that Whitworth should not be our starting LT (starting at guard instead), and that a black QB is a novelty... all of this leads me to believe that you are totally full of shit.

That being said, now I expect you to whine about being disagreed and being called full of shit, when you've laid your asinine opinions out there in public for all to see.

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1320104530' post='1054380']
That's a weird fuckin' measuring stick you have. Since a team must have "playoff wins" to be good, I am guessing you were as impressed as hell with Cincy beating Seattle yesterday on the road, since Seattle was a playoff team with a playoff win last year with the 3rd best home record overall in the NFL since 2002.
[/quote]

It sounds like the standard measuring stick -- what we have is bad.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1320054012' post='1053990']

I give all the credit in the world to the Offensive and Defensive Coordinators coaching these guys.

The last play of the first half where they stuffed the Seagulps at the line and wasted enough time (few seconds) to not allow them to get up and spike and
run another play ... Peko even (illegally) slapped the ball away in the end zone... very smart heads up football. ShoweIt hinkd that not only are they REALLY well
coached but their heads were in the game.
[/quote]

This is where I think our ceiling might be. I think that Zimms is a great motivator but when it comes to scheming lacks quite a bit. Gruden has done a great job simplifying things to make an offense run well with a rookie qb but who knows when we try to open things up or when teams start being able to scout us better. Also Zimms might be a head coach somewhere next year. He has 2 of the last 3 years of solid coaching and I actually think his skill set fits better as a HC. From what I know of him.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320104383' post='1054378']
I still bet neither has a playoff win. Will you come back and say, "hey man you were right" later? How hard is it just to disagree and not say...."You don't know shit about football."
[/quote]
When you say a 6 and 1 team with the best record in the NFC is a bad team, it makes you look dumb. It's not having a logical conversation. Overrated, maybe. Bad, ridiculous.

[quote name='membengal' timestamp='1320104530' post='1054380']
MichaelWeston wrote:

[/quote]

Maybe you are right, I don't think that Seattle was a good team at all.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1320105162' post='1054386']
When you say a 6 and 1 team with the best record in the NFC is a bad team, it makes you look dumb. It's not having a logical conversation. Overrated, maybe. Bad, ridiculous.
[/quote]

I think the 49ers are bad.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1320104609' post='1054381']

The 2005 offense was better, although I believe the current offense has a very high ceiling... higher than that of the 2005 team.

The 2005 defense was NOT as good as this team. The 2005 defense lived and died by the turnover, while the 2011 team actually makes better and more consistently good plays as part of their norm.

I also say the 2005 offense reached their peak that year and never equaled that success.

You think the Bills and 49ers are bad teams, that Whitworth should not be our starting LT (starting at guard instead), and that a black QB is a novelty... all of this leads me to believe that you are totally full of shit.

That being said, now I expect you to whine about being disagreed and being called full of shit, when you've laid your asinine opinions out there in public for all to see.
[/quote]

I am here for discussion. You don't have to agree with my opinion, but discussion does not work without respect.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320105119' post='1054385']

This is where I think our ceiling might be. I think that Zimms is a great motivator but when it comes to scheming lacks quite a bit. Gruden has done a great job simplifying things to make an offense run well with a rookie qb but who knows when we try to open things up or when teams start being able to scout us better. Also Zimms might be a head coach somewhere next year. He has 2 of the last 3 years of solid coaching and I actually think his skill set fits better as a HC. From what I know of him.
[/quote]
Pray tell, what experience do you possess that even qualifies you to assess the abilities of Gruden OR Zimmer?

Gruden was on Sirius XM today, espousing the virtues that Andy Dalton has exhibited... as a matter of fact he praised Dalton and said he was surprised that he didn't have to dumb down ANYTHING for Dalton.

As for Zimmer's perceived (by you only) "lack of scheming", the results are in the defensive success of everywhere he has been... successes all.

Question for you;

When you DO fall off the pedestal that you obviously have put yourself on.... do you make a sound when you hit the ground if nobody is there to hear it?

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320105382' post='1054388']

I am here for discussion. You don't have to agree with my opinion, but discussion does not work without respect.
[/quote]

No, per usual, you are here to troll.

To the land of "ignore" for you.

If the words of the language have opposite meanings from one person to the next, you can't have a discussion either.

There's almost no way grok your lingo if a 6-1 team that has beaten two 5-2 teams on the road is 'bad'.

What is it? Uniform Colors? Team Mascots?

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320105119' post='1054385']

[/quote]

What color is the sky in your universe?

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320103999' post='1054366']

They got rid of their franchise QB, BEST CB, top 2 WRs, had a shortened offseason, installed a new offense with a new offensive coordinator, start a rookie QB who was drafted in the 2nd round game one, a rookie WR, did not improve a horrific line and were coming off a 4-12 season. It's not rational to think they would be that great. I am on board with the logic of the schedule. That was the reason that I thought it was so important to have Carson back and why the bring back Bratkowski arguments made some sense, but the revisionist history of trying to say that it was rational to think this team might be good really belittles how amazing it is that they are actually pretty good.

I think the white RBs and Black QBs are really easy to root for due to the novelty of it.

I think the 49ers and Bills are both bad teams.
[/quote]

I think you sir are a douche.

So you dont agree with me. Fine. I think they are a bad team.

Now I am a douche. Great. This place is ridiculous.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1320106372' post='1054398']

That wasnt his point I dont think. His point is you come in here and troll on purpose saying ridiculous things, and then you ask for our respect.
[/quote]

Troll. What is ridiculous? Its not ridiculous just because you disagree with me.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1320104486' post='1054379']

six wins. washed up qb. TWO Rookie WR, if I recall correctly.
[/quote]

Was 1 so I dont remember at all.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' timestamp='1320107195' post='1054401']
Let's be clear:

You've always been a douche.
[/quote]

I am a troll? whats that behavior then? I must admit that I am completely lost on how having an opinion that is not in the majority is awful behavior while being a complete jerk to someone you disagree with is tolerable behavior.

You think the Bills and 49ers are bad teams, that Whitworth should ot be our starting LT (starting at guard instead), and that a black QB is a novelty... all of this leads me to believe that you are totally full of shit.
[/quote]

I stand by all three of those. I think that they are both bad teams in spite of their record. I think Whitworth's skill set is more fitting of a RT or LG then LT but that he has played LT well. I like black QBs because they are more of a novelty, because they are rare. I like the underdog and anything thats rare.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320107569' post='1054403']

I stand by all three of those. I think that they are both bad teams in spite of their record. I think Whitworth's skill set is more fitting of a RT or LG then LT but that he has played LT well. I like black QBs because they are more of a novelty, because they are rare. I like the underdog and anything thats rare.
[/quote]

So much for 'discussion'.

Proof by blatant assertion doesn't help. Maybe all caps, or bold face, or a larger font would be more convincing.

...maybe not.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320107569' post='1054403']

[/quote]
You want respect... yet have nothing to back up your ludicrous opinions, spout them like they are gospel, then bitch when people call you out?

LOL!

Enough.... I won't be feeding this troll anymore!

The avatar of the quitter should've clued me in... goodbye troll.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1320109729' post='1054416']
You want respect... yet have nothing to back up your ludicrous opinions, spout them like they are gospel, then bitch when people call you out?

LOL!

Enough.... I won't be feeding this troll anymore!

The avatar of the quitter should've clued me in... goodbye troll.
[/quote]

What did I not have an explanation for? I explained my opinion here, on Whit, on our record on everything.

[/quote]

2005 had more sizzle. 2009 had more foundation. 2011 reminds me more of 2009.

Bandwagon nature of cincy needs sizzle over foundation to give respect.

Bengals tied at half 3-3, more fans are likely to be disgusted with the game vs. a 21-21 tie at half

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1320110229' post='1054419']
2005 had more sizzle. 2009 had more foundation. 2011 reminds me more of 2009.

Bandwagon nature of cincy needs sizzle over foundation to give respect.

Bengals tied at half 3-3, more fans are likely to be disgusted with the game vs. a 21-21 tie at half
[/quote]
True about the bandwagon banshee's, but give me the better defense ANY day.

Don't totally agree about the better foundation in 2009 overall, think the foundation this year can be a REAL foundation for years to come. I don't give a dman if it had to be a perfect storm, fall into our laps, or just blind luck.

If they don't fuck up the draft picks received from Oakland, we can be perennial contenders.

Archived