Penn State assistant coach charged with abusing boys

Egg Shen

I think that the president, Joe Pa, the AD, and anyone else who had knowledge of this and did nothing to stop it is just as guilty as that sick fuck Sandusky. Either they were in on the molesting or had some other skeletons in their closets that kept them from going to cops and doing what anyone with a drop of morality and common sense would do. Joe Pa is a disgusting creepy scum bag for covering for his child molesting NAMBLA card carrying buddy.

Here's a great article about the victims POV:

[quote]
He was the last victim, that we know of, to come forward.

But in many ways, he was the first.

He was one of the first with enough courage to say something. To stick around for three years while police and a grand jury talked to dozens of people and combed through thousands of documents.

To hang on emotionally.

To take a stand against a Goliath. A legend. A man that some saw as a god.

He was the first to be believed. Authorities even call him Victim One.

The mother of the Clinton County boy is telling her family story. It’s a story that launched a three-year grand jury investigation that resulted in sexual assault charges against [b]former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky[/b], allegedly involving eight boys.

“I’m very proud of him,” the mother said of her son, on the brink of adulthood and at the heart of what some are calling the biggest scandal in college sports.

“He’s a brave kid,” she said. “And his major concern in the whole thing was for anybody else. That was his big thing. He said, ‘I just don’t want this to happen to anybody else.’”

And now he knows that he’s not alone.

Ten years before he came forward, another child, now 24, had also spoken up. He wasn’t believed. Allegations he made against Sandusky about touching during a shared shower at Penn State in 1998 never resulted in charges.

Sandusky, through his attorney, denies all the charges. Attorney Joe Amendola, said Sandusky attributes the allegations to troubled kids who are acting out.

“I’m so upset,” said the mom of the 24-year-old, who authorities are calling Victim Six. “My son is extremely distraught, and now to see how we were betrayed, words cannot tell you. To see that Graham Spanier is putting his unconditional support behind Curley and Shultz when he should be putting his support behind the victims, it just makes them victims all over again.”

She’s talking about the perjury and failure-to-report charges filed against former Penn State athletic director Tim Curley and resigned Vice President of Business and Finance Gary Schultz.

Prosecutors allege the administrators ignored a 2002 report from a graduate assistant — identified by sources as Mike McQueary — that he saw Sandusky having sex with a young boy in a shower.

McQueary, now an assistant coach for the Nittany Lions football team, went to his father first, then to coach Joe Paterno.

“I don’t even have words to talk about the betrayal that I feel,” said the mom of Victim Six. “[McQueary] was a grown man, and he saw a boy being sodomized ... He ran and called his daddy?”

As media from around the country descended on Happy Valley on Monday to dig into the allegations and the details of a possible cover-up, the two mothers decided to talk to The Patriot-News.

Both said they don’t want their sons’ stories to get lost in the scandal.

[b]Victim One[/b]

Victim One met Sandusky through the Second Mile — a charity for needy children that Sandusky started — and quickly got drawn into his world of big-time college football: gifts, trips, sporting events, and hanging out with a guy who seemed to be loved by everyone.

But his mother said it came at a price.

The Patriot-News will not identify either women or their sons in keeping with our policy not to name victims of sexual assault. The mother of Victim One specifically asked that other media respect her request for no more interviews.

She brought the psychologist who has been helping her son cope with the trauma to the interview.

Almost from day one, psychologist Michael Gillum has met regularly with the boy and counseled him through the protracted police investigation.

A few weeks before her son broke down and confessed to a principal at Central Mountain High School in Clinton County that he was being molested by Jerry Sandusky — a volunteer football coach at his high school — his mother began to suspect something was wrong.

First, it was because her son was acting out. When she grounded him, she said Sandusky demanded he be able to “take care of it.”

“I said, ‘No way, he’s my kid,’” she said.

Then, her son began asking her about an online database for “sex weirdos.”

“You don’t want to just accuse people of that,” the mother said. “I called the school principal and the guidance counselor and said, if nothing else, he’s taking my son out of classes. He’s leaving the school with him. ... So I asked them to call him into the office and ask [my son] how he felt.

“They did call him to the office that day and I remember [the principal] was in tears and she said, ‘You need to come here right away.’”

Her son, then 15, broke down and told them what happened.

“They told me to go home and think about what I wanted to do, and I was not happy,” she said. “They said I needed to think about how that would impact my son if I said something like that. I went home and got [my son] and we came to [Children and Youth Services] immediately.”

Officials at Central Mountain High School have said they immediately reported the abuse, and Attorney General Linda Kelly praised them for doing the right thing.

The boy’s story would evolve over the next few weeks as he was interviewed by police. That’s not atypical for sex cases involving teens, Gillum said.

“It’s essentially peeling back the layers of an onion,” Gillum said. “Because it’s so humiliating. It’s so much mental anguish. ... They typically want you to know something inappropriate happened, then there was a progression where boundaries were violated.”

But sometimes it takes time for the victim to get it all out.

That’s something Sandusky’s attorney Joe Amendola points to in defense.

He said it appears someone coaxed this victim into embellishing his story because it changed from groping to more graphic sex acts.

Gillum called it a typical defense tactic.

"They will imply ... that I must have led the witness,” he said. “But when you’re specialized in children and adolescent child abuse, you’re trained to make sure you wouldn’t compromise the evidence.”
[b]Victim Six[/b]

Victim Six cried when he read the 23-page grand jury presentment released Saturday, his mother said. And not for himself.

“He had no idea how bad it was,” she said. “He was lucky. He only had that one contact with him.”

It allegedly happened in May 1998, following a tour of the football locker rooms. Her son and another boy, both 11, shared a shower with Sandusky.

When he got home he said, ‘If you’re wondering why my hair is wet, we took a shower together,’ and ran into his room, his mom recalls.

She called police.

But after a six-week investigation that included the mother confronting Sandusky in her home as police listened in the other room, Sandusky was cleared.

Then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decided there wasn’t enough evidence.

“And you’re going to tell me that Spanier and Paterno weren’t informed of something that was that huge that Ray Gricar was in on it but Spanier was kept in the dark?” she said. “I’m just not that stupid. I’m so upset I just can’t believe it.”

Paterno’s son, Scott, has said that lawyers for Penn State assured him his father was never told about the 1998 report — investigated by university police.

It’s unclear from the presentment if Spanier knew. However, Schultz, who was in charge of the police force, acknowledged knowing about it.

When the mother confronted Sandusky, he said: “I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won’t get it from you. I wish I were dead,” according the presentment from the grand jury.

An investigator for Children and Youth Services broke the news to the mother: It was all a big mistake, the mother said she was told. The police officer who investigated won’t comment. Neither will the former police chief.

“Jerry Sandusky admitted to my face, he admitted it,” the mother said. “He admitted that he lathered up my son they were naked and he bear-hugged him. If they would have done something about it in 1998, and then again in 2002 — there was two chances they dropped the ball and I think they should all be held accountable.”

Her son, she said, can’t stop thinking about Victim One.

“That poor child,” she said. “My heart is like breaking for this boy and his family. And what about all the boys we don’t know about? They could have all been saved.”

The only semblance of comfort their family has had in the last three days is from community support.

“At last, my family and I are believed,” she said. “Because they tried to make my son and the other boy out to be liars.”
[b]Every day was a struggle[/b]

Finding the courage to come forward was supposed to be the hardest part.

“We expected you just arrest people who do stuff like that,” Victim One’s mom said. “We didn’t realize it was going to be this difficult and take this long.”

The three-year investigation eventually ended with a grand jury finding that Sandusky had eight victims — two of them had long-term relationships with Sandusky and six involved shared showers in Lasch Building at Penn State, which houses the football program.

“I am upset that it took this long, but I also realize that the more people they find, the less impact it’s going to have on my son ... and it’s only going to help everybody else,” the mom said.

Hearing that he wasn’t alone was a challenge of emotions for her son.

“He wasn’t happy that it happened to somebody else,” she said.

But in a way, there was some relief: more chance that he would be believed.

It was very hard to keep their cool, to keep the allegations a secret, and not talk to anyone. But they did it.

When the arrests were announced Saturday, and the family learned that two Penn State officials had known about a prior incident and didn’t report it to police, she flipped out.

“I’m infuriated that people would not report something like that,” she said. “I still can’t believe it. I’m appalled. I’m shocked. I’m stunned. There’s so many words. I’m very mad. They could have prevented this from happening.”

Her son has accused Sandusky of four years of abuse, and it started not long after Curley and Schultz were notified of a abuse report in 2002.

The attorney general has said their inaction allowed Sandusky to molest this boy.

His mom said he knows that.

“He’s very angry,” she said. “I just can’t fathom how anybody could do that. When I read the indictment, I was very shocked that there was so many people that didn’t do anything ... and there had to be more people covering it up, I think, for him to get away with it for this long.”

When her son first came forward, every day was a struggle. There was this overwhelming feeling of deception. Sandusky was supposed to be a role model.

“In the beginning, it was extremely upsetting. I was so shocked. It got so bad we didn’t know what to do,” she said. “[He] is really, really afraid of Jerry. He told me numerous times when he started backing away from him, you just can’t tell him no. I said, why not?”

Her son replied, “You just don’t do that.”

“His attorney was saying how these disadvantaged children, you can’t trust them ... because they come from low income. I don’t think that has any bearing on anything,” she said. “I was warned that is what this basically would be about, because kids in The Second Mile are basically disadvantaged.”

In the first page of their presentment, grand jurors noted that, too. They accused Sandusky of using the charity to find his victims, “many of whom were vulnerable due to their social situations.”

“Obviously it’s a price that the brave victim pays,” Gillum said.[/quote]

Joe Pa should be fired today, all monuements to this accomplishments should be removed and his legacy should be the man who harbored a child molestor. If you knew about Sandusky's behavior in 1998 but still allowed the man to bring young boys onto your campus for years after you knew what he was up to then you are just as guilty as he is. Sandusky was on campus as late as last week, working out and was seen in the office he has on campus.

I usually like to trash talk, and to joke about topical things in the sports world, but I really can't even joke about this one. I tried reading the official deposition and only got about a page and a half through it before I got sick to the stomach.

This is one of most despicable things I've ever heard come out of the sporting world.

With that said, I still don't know what to make of Paterno's role in all of this. The overwhelming sentiment is that he should be fired immediately, his legacy tarnished forever, tarred, feathered, and everything else. A big piece of me feels like that's an overreaction. Should he have done more with the information he had? Yes. But it's not like he was the person who witnessed the act. And it's not like he hid anything (at least that I know of. If someone has a piece of info that I don't, then by all means share it with me). He reported it to his superior and let them handle it, which I would assume is the normal process for handling transgressions that happen within the athletic department.

The other piece of me does understand that Paterno should have followed up on the report. And considering how heinous the accusation was, he probably should have taken the extra steps needed to make sure the appropriate actions were taken (including getting the police involved).

I really don't know how to feel, here. By nature, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, and that's probably what's happening here. I feel like if Paterno really wanted to brush it under the rug, he wouldn't have reported it at all. He would have just sat on the info and went about his business.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I'm not a Paterno fan. I've wanted to see him out of PSU for quite some time.

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1320782071' post='1058846']

I'm glad you find pedophilia so amusing, grow up why don't ya.

Noone thinks the pedobear joke is funny or appropiate but thanks for trying, jackass.
[/quote]

Agreed. Normally, I'm all for it, but this isn't one of those times. Read the disposition on this and see how you feel about joking about it. This is some sick and twisted stuff going on.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1320782381' post='1058849']

Agreed. Normally, I'm all for it, but this isn't one of those times. Read the disposition on this and see how you feel about joking about it. This is some sick and twisted stuff going on.
[/quote]

I read it, it sucks, the dude should get the death penalty, pedobear is appropriate as the dude is a pedo.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1320780201' post='1058832']
I usually like to trash talk, and to joke about topical things in the sports world, but I really can't even joke about this one. I tried reading the official deposition and only got about a page and a half through it before I got sick to the stomach.

This is one of most despicable things I've ever heard come out of the sporting world.

With that said, I still don't know what to make of Paterno's role in all of this. The overwhelming sentiment is that he should be fired immediately, his legacy tarnished forever, tarred, feathered, and everything else. A big piece of me feels like that's an overreaction. Should he have done more with the information he had? Yes. But it's not like he was the person who witnessed the act. And it's not like he hid anything (at least that I know of. If someone has a piece of info that I don't, then by all means share it with me). He reported it to his superior and let them handle it, which I would assume is the normal process for handling transgressions that happen within the athletic department.

The other piece of me does understand that Paterno should have followed up on the report. And considering how heinous the accusation was, he probably should have taken the extra steps needed to make sure the appropriate actions were taken (including getting the police involved).

I really don't know how to feel, here. By nature, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, and that's probably what's happening here. I feel like if Paterno really wanted to brush it under the rug, he wouldn't have reported it at all. He would have just sat on the info and went about his business.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I'm not a Paterno fan. I've wanted to see him out of PSU for quite some time.
[/quote]

There's alot of questions that need to be asked and answered and the fact that PSU is ducking the press doesn't bode well for them. Paterno has alledgely know about Sandusky's behaviour as early as '98 which is why he resigned in '99; but was given access to the campus, an office and a title as professor emertius of physical education or some bs like that.

So if you know about this guy in '98, force him to retire the next season but still give him access to your facalities, then you get a grad assistant tell you he personally witnessed the same guy sodomizing a young boy in the team lockerroom in '02 and you don't call the cops then you are hiding something, imo of course. Either that or you don't care about anyone except for yourself, either way Joe Pa deserves this shit storm for how he handled the whole situation. At the end of the day he was in charge of the football program, not the AD or President. The buck stops with him and he allowed this molestor to use the football program to entice and molest young boys, that is the definition of disgusting.

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1320782511' post='1058851']

There's alot of questions that need to be asked and answered and the fact that PSU is ducking the press doesn't bode well for them. Paterno has alledgely know about Sandusky's behaviour as early as '98 which is why he resigned in '99; but was given access to the campus, an office and a title as professor emertius of physical education or some bs like that.

So if you know about this guy in '98, force him to retire the next season but still give him access to your facalities, then you get a grad assistant tell you he personally witnessed the same guy sodomizing a young boy in the team lockerroom in '02 and you don't call the cops then you are hiding something, imo of course. Either that or you don't care about anyone except for yourself, either way Joe Pa deserves this shit storm for how he handled the whole situation. At the end of the day he was in charge of the football program, not the AD or President. The buck stops with him and he allowed this molestor to use the football program to entice and molest young boys, that is the definition of disgusting.
[/quote]

I haven't been following this story closely but if even half of what you say is true, that makes him an accessory and if I'm the DA I go after him...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1320782870' post='1058855']

I haven't been following this story closely but if even half of what you say is true, that makes him an accessory and if I'm the DA I go after him...
[/quote]

Yeah but what DA is going to go after Joe Pa, they would be ran out of town and never get re-elected. They literally have statues built in his honor at State College, PA.
[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1320782381' post='1058849']

[/quote]

do you have a link to the deposition?

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1320783105' post='1058859']

Yeah but what DA is going to go after Joe Pa, they would be ran out of town and never get re-elected. They literally have statues built in his honor at State College, PA.
[/quote]

Then he doesn't deserve to be DA.

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1320783105' post='1058859']

do you have a link to the deposition?
[/quote]

JoePa had the last DA killed to cover his pedo ring activities.

Connect these dots:

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Gricar"]http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Ray_Gricar[/url]

I just read the deposition, [url="http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf"]http://www.attorneyg...Presentment.pdf[/url] and I don't see how Paterno or Spanier can be associated with Penn State going forward.

They knew as early as 1998 that Sandusky was molesting children on the campus, in the showers, and did nothing about it. Paterno and Spanier need to be fired immediately as they are cupable by their inaction. What kind of people are they that they could cover something like this up and for what, the image of the PSU football program.

Sandusky started his Second Mile non-profit in 1977, every boy he molested was apart of that foundation as he used it find victims who came from troubled backgrounds and needed a father figure in their lives. I have no doubt he's been molesting boys alot longer than the last 15 years, you just don't wake up one morning and decide to become a child molester. So far there are 8 victims I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg and judging from the way the PSU administrators tried sweep this under the rug and not report this to the police in 2002 I wouldn't be surprised if they were involved in this type of behaviour as well.

The irony in all this is that firing Paterno's ancient, deaf ass will likely make the football program better. Well, if it wasn't suddenly associated with pedophilia, that is. I can't imagine deciding to play football there over another big D-I program if I were being recruited. What a horrible story. Sandusky should be castrated with a rusty pair of scissors and his nubs of former balls set aflame with napalm.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1320782572' post='1058852']
Paterno should be in jail and fired. You can't turn the other way on this.

Death penalties are necessary.
[/quote]
I don't think the death penalty should be used. The death penalty is just the easy way out for Sandusky. That guy needs to suffer for years to come. He screwed up those kids life's for ever and now he needs to pay for it.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1320793291' post='1058936']
I don't think the death penalty should be used. The death penalty is just the easy way out for Sandusky. That guy needs to suffer for years to come. He screwed up those kids life's for ever and now he needs to pay for it.
[/quote]

He's broken. Put him down. There is no redemption. He will just enjoy the anal prison sex anyway.

Archived