THE Ohio State Football Thread

BigDawgBengal

both QB's are suffering because neither is getting a full set of first string practice reps.  I'm willing to bet that the play on Barrett's INT, he didn't practice that play in practice (not that he shouldn't have still seen the dropping MLB).

Urban needs to pick a QB and stick with it.  I hope its Barrett.  he's a better leader, more proven, and fits Urban's scheme better.  It's also noticeable that they run hurry up when Barrett is in, but I can't recall them running hurry up/no-huddle with Jones in.  Further, Jones is no threat in the read option. Teams are keying in on Elliott in the read option.  and to compound things, the OC is ignoring Elliott when Jones is in. Make no mistake, this offense runs through Elliott.

Before the Wisconsin game, I thought Jones sucked.  I'd seen him play before, and he was really really bad.  To his credit, he got hot and got the job done.  He's showing now though that he's not a consistently very good QB IMO. Great physical tools, but not a great QB.  I've compared him to JaMarcus Russell and I'll stand by that.  Philly Brown and Devin Smith were great WR's who help make it easy for any QB.  They're gone though, and I don't think Jones has enough beyond his arm to make up for that loss.

Run the ball, go back to the read option, and take your strategic intermediate and long shots to Thomas, Miller and Vannett.

I'd go back to the basics and build the offense around a ground game of Barrett/Elliott/Miller/Marshall with 20-25 passes a game.

I didn't get home until 6 and watched the game by DVR. The offense played like crap with both QBs. I don't know how practice reps are being split, but Urban needs to settle on a guy and give him 80+% of the reps. And more power runs with Zeke.

That defense is legit though. Lee, Bosa, Washington, both CBs and Bell could be All Big Ten and a few of them All American. 

I want Lee in stripes darnit!!  

both QB's are suffering because neither is getting a full set of first string practice reps.  I'm willing to bet that the play on Barrett's INT, he didn't practice that play in practice (not that he shouldn't have still seen the dropping MLB).

Urban needs to pick a QB and stick with it.  I hope its Barrett.  he's a better leader, more proven, and fits Urban's scheme better.  It's also noticeable that they run hurry up when Barrett is in, but I can't recall them running hurry up/no-huddle with Jones in.  Further, Jones is no threat in the read option. Teams are keying in on Elliott in the read option.  and to compound things, the OC is ignoring Elliott when Jones is in. Make no mistake, this offense runs through Elliott.

Before the Wisconsin game, I thought Jones sucked.  I'd seen him play before, and he was really really bad.  To his credit, he got hot and got the job done.  He's showing now though that he's not a consistently very good QB IMO. Great physical tools, but not a great QB.  I've compared him to JaMarcus Russell and I'll stand by that.  Philly Brown and Devin Smith were great WR's who help make it easy for any QB.  They're gone though, and I don't think Jones has enough beyond his arm to make up for that loss.

Run the ball, go back to the read option, and take your strategic intermediate and long shots to Thomas, Miller and Vannett.

I'd go back to the basics and build the offense around a ground game of Barrett/Elliott/Miller/Marshall with 20-25 passes a game.

Philly Brown was in the NFL last year. He never caught a pass from Cardale. 

I feel terrible for Cardale. It is evident that he should have gone pro last year. 

Archived