Dear Chris Crocker,

[quote name='cwing' timestamp='1325993441' post='1086799']

Give him nothing. Make him earn it.

Crocker. First thank you for the time/effort. You gave a few good years but --------- don't go away mad, just go away!!!
[/quote]

I'm not giving him anything. I think he's the best option on the team right now. Crocker simply has to go.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1325993005' post='1086783']

I agree, I'm not a big fan of Mays. But our 2 best coaches are DB coaches so I'm willing to give him a shot next year. Unless we can get a good free agent in.
[/quote]

Safety free agent should be the number 1 priority followed by og. We have the money to sped no excuses not to.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1325995107' post='1086832']
How good would we have been this year with whitner instead of Crocker?
[/quote]

Don't remind me.

Whitner has joined Holmes as Buckeyes who are dead to me.

I think Landry is the best out there in FA, but he will cost a boatload and as BAB indicated, he's had some injury issues. The guy that has impressed me is Tyvon Branch in Oakland... He's young, physical, has speed and played quite well for them. That is whom I would target.

It's not like Mark Barron is the next Eric Berry, so I'd look to FA to fill the safety void.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1325995282' post='1086835']

Don't remind me.

Whitner has joined Holmes as Buckeyes who are dead to me.
[/quote]

Can’t blame him. That being said, expect Brees and co. to toast his sorry ass a few times next week. He is overrated.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325994177' post='1086818']
I honestly don't know if there are any good ones out there. The good ones got locked up this year or last year. It's going to either be a rookie or a retread guy that has a chance of rezzing his career.
[/quote]

It doesn't really matter...anyone off the scrap heap can be just as good as a safety who can't tackle, can't cover, can't catch, can't read routes. Hell if he can do just one of those 4 things it's an upgrade over CC. We've being seeing lackluster play from him all year. I think he did us all a favor yesterday by showing INDISPUTABLY to the coaching staff that keeping as the starting S on a rising Defense would be a complete clusterfuck.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1325992625' post='1086772']
My most hated Bengal player by far this year. Name me 2 plays he made all year?
[/quote]
There was that one time (in band camp) where he sacked that guy on a blitz, and, um.....ah. That's all I've got to say about that.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1325993543' post='1086802']

I'm not giving him anything. I think he's the best option on the team right now. Crocker simply has to go.
[/quote]

Maybe he is the best option on the team right now. However, this doesn't have to be the case. That is what the draft and FA are for --- to improve, not settle for what's already there.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1325990385' post='1086713']
Dude came off the streets and helped make us respectable. But in the course of those 2-3 years the talent level on the D has increased to the point where Crocker is now the weak link. Good luck in someone's training camp next year...but we need to get better at that spot.
[/quote]

This. He served his purpose.

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1326083160' post='1087612']
Just curious, what happened to the dear Marvin Lewis thread?
[/quote]

It got merged with another similar thread.

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=63328&st=25"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=63328&st=25[/url]

Archived