[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1333305082' post='1114467']
Wow really.... it was a april fools joke and i aint think he would even see that tweet. Man u people take shit too serious. i knew who aj green was way before he went to georgia when he was at summerville and wanted him to be a bengal and here he is. im a big fan of him so u people need to chill. u act like that tweet was on espn wtf
[/quote]
Ok this is complete bs. You had no clue who AJ Green was when he was in high school. You were only like 10 years old then and you have said you only started following the Bengals a couple years ago.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1333307505' post='1114482']
Ok this is complete bs. You had no clue who AJ Green was when he was in high school. You were only like 10 years old then and you have said you only started following the Bengals a couple years ago.
[/quote]
are u kidding me? i saw youtube videos and he was on rivals.com i started watching the bengals in 2005

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1333307177' post='1114479']
Someone said it was fake Adam shefter who did it originally, but for you to tweet it again is stupid. And April fool is today. Not yesterday.
[/quote]
i tweeted it around 12am last night which was on april fools day...

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1333310845' post='1114488'] Learn from your mistake and get on with it. In the great scheme of things, not the end of the world.[/quote]
im cool with this,everyone making a big deal out of this shit... smh

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1333307505' post='1114482']

[/quote]

Good catch.

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1333332811' post='1114536']
Lol I'm off of this thread, Lol I bet if oldschooler made that tweet instead of me you guys would probably be posting how funny it is or not giving a fuck but since it was me that made the tweet its a big deal lmao
[/quote]

how about tomorrow you go to school and tell everyone your teacher sold you drugs. When the teacher gets fired, you can try to claim it was just a joke. What you fail to realize is that doing something like this can actually negatively affect AJ.

I know you meant it as an April fools joke, but something like this getting re-tweeted can have a lot of power.

No one really cares that much. It was just stupid and many members find you extremely annoying to begin with. This was just a really good chance to let you know how immature you seem to be.

If I may...

My earliest memory of you was the picture of a kid (guessing it was you) with the word "sexy" imprinted on it. It reminded me of a 13 year old kid who thinks they have the world by the balls. Maybe I'm being judgmental, but my niece just went through that age and my God it was frustrating and embarrassing. Nothing worse than an annoying kid who says/does junk just to say it and get a reaction. I'm guessing that's how a lot of people perceive you right now and it's sometimes impossible to bear.

Everyone makes mistakes, we learn from our mistakes, and never allowing someone to make mistakes will stifle experimentation and creativity.

My parents allowed me to make mistakes. Some of them quite a bit more heinous than this. My children are fully grown now and complete with their education (2 college degrees in the sciences and one in business). Some of you have met them and they are perfect little gentlemen. I believe that the college education alone did not make them who they are today but it was an education that started much earlier than school. However, if you were the ones to raise them you might question what I am talking about. They were not afraid to try new things and experiment. As a result, we are fairly well adjusted and adaptive towards the changes required in this new world in which we live. This approach may not be for everyone but trying to treat a child/young adult like a wise old man is never such a good idea. He will learn but he will continue to make mistakes. All we can ask is that he try not to repeat this one.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1333340101' post='1114554']
Its illegal. You cant say things that are untrue about people in a public forum. You could literally get sued.
[/quote]
Only if it actually hurt the person in question. In this case AJ would not be able to win a lawsuit because he could never prove that tweet hurt his reputation or hurt him monetarily in any way. Otherwise this message board would spawn hundreds of lawsuits a day.

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1333332811' post='1114536']
Lol I'm off of this thread, Lol I bet if oldschooler made that tweet instead of me you guys would probably be posting how funny it is or not giving a fuck but since it was me that made the tweet its a big deal lmao
[/quote]

the difference between you and oldschooler though is, old never would have tweeted it in the first place.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1333351648' post='1114555']
Only if it actually hurt the person in question. In this case AJ would not be able to win a lawsuit because he could never prove that tweet hurt his reputation or hurt him monetarily in any way. Otherwise this message board would spawn hundreds of lawsuits a day.
[/quote]

Would this incident qualify all of the elements of Defamation ?

[quote]1. First, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant made a false and defamatory statement concerning the plaintiff.
2. Second, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant made an unprivileged publication to a third party.
3. Third, the plaintiff must prove that the publisher acted at least negligently in publishing the communication.
4. Fourth, in some cases, the plaintiff must prove special damages.[/quote]

..and just because AJ Green would be considered a "public figure" one would also have to show "actual malice." The person making the statement knew the statement to be false, or issued the statement with reckless disregard as to its truth.

Could it take only one of AJ Green's sponsors to pull support to qualify as damages ?

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1333302271' post='1114461'][b]Somebody should bend you over their knee and spanking your ass! [/b][/quote]

[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090419072105/wikiality/images/thumb/8/89/Pl-pedo-bear.png/300px-Pl-pedo-bear.png[/img]

You guys that are mad at Elijah are all d-bags, it's April Fools.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1333372334' post='1114580']

Would this incident qualify all of the elements of Defamation ?

..and just because AJ Green would be considered a "public figure" one would also have to show "actual malice." The person making the statement knew the statement to be false, or issued the statement with reckless disregard as to its truth.

Could it take only one of AJ Green's sponsors to pull support to qualify as damages ?
[/quote]
It would take a sponsor pulling support or proof that a sponsor didn't choose him because of that tweet to fulfill number 4 and that didn't happen. AJ would have to prove number 4 in this case because the defendant is a teenager on twitter. If the real Adam shefter tweeted that, well that's a different story,

Wow I can't believe this thread is still going on, it was a aprils fools joke,why the hell are you people so serious. I was doing that to mess with my friends at my school that follow me and u all are acting like I did something so horrible and the fact is that my tweet was only retweeted by like 2 people. Mannnnn u people are insane and have issues. Its not that serious...

Archived