Steve slaton

[quote name='bengals7833' timestamp='1349704300' post='1167958']
Just a thought but he is available
[/quote]

BJGE is going to be the starter this season. It's kind of too late to change that without injury. So what we're honestly looking for is a 6-10 carry guy, who can catch a pass or two. Cadillac Williams seems to fit that bill better than Slaton... Not that there's a great option out there.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1349705002' post='1167967']
BJGE is going to be the starter this season. It's kind of too late to change that without injury. So what we're honestly looking for is a 6-10 carry guy, who can catch a pass or two. Cadillac Williams seems to fit that bill better than Slaton... Not that there's a great option out there.
[/quote]

forgot cadillac is out there. I think Slaton may give you more of a change of pace though, and can also return kicks.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349705353' post='1167969']
forgot cadillac is out there. I think Slaton may give you more of a change of pace though, and can also return kicks.
[/quote]

Ah. I was just looking for someone to spell BJGE, without rock hands. I'm actually okay with Jones and Tate returning, but I guess they could get hurt... Regardless, I think I might like to see a bit more from Peerman and Leonard anyway. :)

BJGE is for sure the starter, but I'm to the point where I want to see less Leonard and more Peerman or someone new.

Scott looked good yesterday when he had his chance and bringing in a guy like Slaton could workout nicely, just don't know if it will happen.

Calling up Boom would be a joke, but Peerman, Slaton, or someone else needs to be given a chance to be our change of pace back

[quote name='BScott28' timestamp='1349710365' post='1167990']
BJGE is for sure the starter, but I'm to the point where I want to see less Leonard and more Peerman or someone new.

Scott looked good yesterday when he had his chance and bringing in a guy like Slaton could workout nicely, just don't know if it will happen.

Calling up Boom would be a joke, but Peerman, Slaton, or someone else needs to be given a chance to be our change of pace back
[/quote]

why less Leonard? He's barely getting a chance and produces every time he touches the ball.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349710477' post='1167991']

why less Leonard? He's barely getting a chance and produces every time he touches the ball.
[/quote]

Like him as the 3rd down back, but don't think he is the speed guy we need, just more or a balanced runner and hasn't held on to the ball well this year in years past, but that's just my opinion

[quote name='BScott28' timestamp='1349710733' post='1167993']
Like him as the 3rd down back, but don't think he is the speed guy we need, just more or a balanced runner [b]and hasn't held on to the ball well this year in years past, [/b]but that's just my opinion
[/quote]

'eh, that's not really true. While he had the one in the preseason, Leonard has ZERO career fumbles as a running back, 1 career fumble as a receiver.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1349716705' post='1168022']
Slaton would be pointless, we don't run nearly enough screens to make it worth it. I don't think he brings much else besides elusiveness on swing and screen passes.
[/quote]

I think that sounds like a good RB type to replace Scott with though.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1349716705' post='1168022']
Slaton would be pointless, we don't run nearly enough screens to make it worth it. [b]I don't think he brings much else besides elusiveness on swing and screen passes.[/b]
[/quote]
Which just happens to be a RB's bread and butter in the WCO.

Not interested in Slaton. I would rather just roll with whom they have, get Leonard more involved especially catching passes out of the backfield and this way Moch replaces Scott they dont have to cut anyone else and they aren't just bringing in "another body".

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349710477' post='1167991']
[/quote]

Maybe its just me but Leonard seems to cough the ball up too much for his limited amount of play.

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1349728121' post='1168079']

Maybe its just me but Leonard seems to cough the ball up too much for his limited amount of play.
[/quote]

I can understand why you might think that. Until this year he hasn't fumbled then had a fumble in the preseason and fumbled again yesterday but was ruled down.

Leonard makes things happen with the ball in his hands, more as a pass catcher than runner though. I like the kid and want to see him get more involved

Leonard is Tebow. He doesn't have a spot. He isn't a FB, he isn't a RB, he isn't a WR, but he is a good player. I just don't like his tweener abilities. Give me a slasher or a bruiser. I don't like his ambiguous skillset.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1349734866' post='1168093']
Leonard is Tebow. He doesn't have a spot. He isn't a FB, he isn't a RB, he isn't a WR, but he is a good player. I just don't like his tweener abilities. Give me a slasher or a bruiser. I don't like his ambiguous skillset.
[/quote]

Tough shit...we are stuck with him and as we've seen, in certain situations, he can make plays. Same goes for Andrew Hawkins...situational slot receiver....not someone you want to be targeting with a bunch of regularity, especially on the outside. The surprise factor works in both player's favor. Use them too much and you take that away.

Archived