Steelers Week Notes

I finally figured out why Florio hates the Bengals so much. He don't know shit about them. Per PFT:

[quote]Paul Daugherty of the [i]Cincinnati Enquirer[/i] thinks the Bengals [url="http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20121020/COL03/310200059/Doc-Bengals-must-strike-while-rivals-average?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CBengals"]have an opportunity[/url] to take advantage of injuries to other [b]NFC[/b] North teams.[/quote]

Come on...really? Does PFT not have some kind of editor?

[quote name='SouthPaw' timestamp='1350842679' post='1172469']
I have a feeling he will go. This is a very important game for the Bengals. I think they need to pull out all the stops and have as many hands on deck as possible. Just a hunch.
[/quote]

I think they allmost HAVE to get him in there at times....Newman is playing too far off the ball and cant get backup help over the top if he's beat with Crocker back there......

[quote name='SouthPaw' timestamp='1350842679' post='1172469']
I have a feeling he will go. This is a very important game for the Bengals. I think they need to pull out all the stops and have as many hands on deck as possible. Just a hunch.
[/quote]

Know what that means? Marvin won't play him

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1350657308' post='1172173']
I, for one, couldn't be more tired of who-dey. I mean, what are we harking back to? A season where we LOST the Super Bowl. They should bury that and start a new tradition.
[/quote]

interesting yet insignifcant observation: After the Green touchdown the stadium started a loud Who-Dey chant for the first time I can remember in quite awhile. The Bengals would be outscored 21-3 from that point on.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1350926724' post='1173725']
interesting yet insignifcant observation: After the Green touchdown the stadium started a loud Who-Dey chant for the first time I can remember in quite awhile. The Bengals would be outscored 21-3 from that point on.
[/quote]

Haha, I don't think the Bengals started to play worse because the crowd started chanting. The team played poorly because they were out performed by a lot of backup players and out coached by a Super Bowl winning staff.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350927048' post='1173726']
Haha, I don't think the Bengals started to play worse because the crowd started chanting. The team played poorly because they were out performed by a lot of backup players and out coached by a Super Bowl winning staff.
[/quote]

hence the definitiion of "insignficant"

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1350927813' post='1173730']
hence the definitiion of "insignficant"
[/quote]

That's like OJ Simpson saying, "If I would have done it..." You said interesting yet insignificant. You are playing both sides of the argument. :lol:

These coaches can't get their players fired up for games, the fans surely aren't going to be able to either. I have no idea how to fix a situation like this. The team is full of young guys, that should have a lot of passion to play, yet they aren't.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1350861487' post='1172556']
Did anyone notice that Trent Richardson was held to 8 yards on 8 carries, and Hardesty was 7 carries and 28 yards, against the Colts today? WTF, is the Colt's defense that much better than the Bengals?
[/quote]

I think the D got tired. All those 3 and outs by the Bengals offense in the second half gassed them.

Archived